Amarllis

Rank 1
Amarllis
PostedSep 04, 2012 8:54 am

High Quality Sig's with Photoshop :]

changing the kb size
Due to the 120kb rule signature's must be lowered in quality as most never come out in 120kb to go,
however many times i see really bad quality signature's in order to meet the kb requirement.
With Photoshop you can recreate your signature's in under 120kb without loosing the signature's quality and keeping the .png format

step 1 . Finish your signature and save it as .png format

step 2 . go to layer> new adjustment layers> posterize

step 3 . set the posterize somewhere between 20-40 levels [depending how big the file size is]
the higher the levels the less kb change it will make.

step 4 . after you picked a level [start with 30 and work your way up or down to make it 120kb or under] save it as a .png again and check what the kb size is now ,you can do this by going to your signature folder and clicking on the signature[the kb information should be posted on the bottom of the screen ,although im not sure if this is for all operating systems as i only run windows 7]

step 5 . After the change meet's your requirements , upload and use!

This is a very easy process and barely changes the quality of the signatures.

Example

Before posterizing

After Posterizing

Hope this small tutorial help's some people out,and feel free to ask any questions!

Advertisement

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedSep 30, 2012 5:33 pm
nice tip on reducing kb size and will try it out if i make sigs again.

Also, I wouldn't be too worried about meeting the max kb size, imo its just a general outline to us all on how limited ones sig should be e.g. would be pointless making a gb file of a gif that shows a whole chunk of a movie in that respect.

The height/width and kb is just a basic guideline to keep the forum users informed. nobody would like to view someones sig with the size of a webpage, now would they? its just a general outline imo. Thus, I highly doubt a moderator or Gm/Pm would physically look into the filesize, only the low life public ppl that make forums their RL would do that and report/ waste Gms/Pms time on unnecessary tickets.

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP

NyokoSilent

Rank 3
NyokoSilent
PostedSep 30, 2012 6:53 pm
It's not. They really do remove signatures that break the rules. .-.

PigIer

Rank 3
PigIer
PostedSep 30, 2012 11:01 pm
Piggy doesn't get it.

Formalitys

Rank 4
Formalitys
PostedSep 30, 2012 11:41 pm
PigIer wrote:
Piggy doesn't get it.  

Sometimes really good/detailed sigs are outside the Aeria sig limit in terms of kb size. That's why there's a comparison between 77.8 kb sig and the 127 kb sig. Doing what the OP says is a good tip on how to reduce the kb size.

NyokoSilent wrote:
It's not. They really do remove signatures that break the rules. .-.  

^^They will probably tighten up on Signatures and Avatars as well since the recent shutdown of CSS for security reasons.

fairyz

Rank 2
fairyz
PostedOct 01, 2012 12:39 pm
Anyone know whether you can do something similar in GIMP? o.o Yes, I'm that nub.

Siggy by zuzurainyday @ sundays' shop

uberfearr

Rank 3
uberfearr
PostedOct 01, 2012 2:31 pm
fairyz wrote:
Anyone know whether you can do something similar in GIMP? o.o Yes, I'm that nub.  
Yeap you can, here.