ZoruKuraido

Rank 0
ZoruKuraido
PostedSep 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Am I the only one who feels this way?

LO is the last hope?
I started playing MMORPGs in 2001.
I obviously been throught plenty of them, most which ended turning for the worse, and some that just died.

Recently a lot of bad news regarding the only MMORPG I was still playing actively started popping up. Barely two months after I became a moderator, and barely a few weeks after some exciting news had been posted.
With that said I've started to lose optimism toward MMORPGs as a whole. The ones that are considered a hit (you know, those dark and gritty MMOs and WoW clones) are not my cup of tea.
I've been checking on LO now and then since to me it feels like the only light in the end of the tunnel.

But I admit I'm starting to think in the end it might meet the same fate as the other games... regardless, I'm keeping some hope. I feel like LO is my 'last hope' on what concerns a fun MMORPG.
And I was wondering if I'm the only one who feels that way.
How many of you find yourselves in the same situation?

Not that I have absolutely nothing to play with. I'm just talking MMORPG here.

Glory Day! The dazzling sun Glory Day! And the flowing clouds Glory Day! I'll pull them along with me And reach my goal! Glory Day!
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedSep 01, 2012 9:20 pm
I too have been through my fair share of mmorpgs and I have to say I, for the most part, agree with you.
I myself am currently not playing any MMORPGs, just other games not of the genre... patiently waiting for LO to come around. xD

I have high hopes for it. The LO Alpha was a decent amount of fun - for being in an alpha stage anyways, and with all the new changes they are making I know it will be 100x better.

Jaia2442

Rank 2
Jaia2442
PostedSep 01, 2012 10:27 pm
Im playing Grand Fantasia, its a really fun game (as long as you join the Quill server cuz its active and in very good shape, and has a lot of players.) and its an MMORPG.

ZoruKuraido

Rank 0
ZoruKuraido
PostedSep 02, 2012 5:47 pm
Grand Fantasia looks a LOT like the MMORPG I was playing for almost 7 years...

Which is why I don't trust it.

Glory Day! The dazzling sun Glory Day! And the flowing clouds Glory Day! I'll pull them along with me And reach my goal! Glory Day!

Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
PostedSep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way?

LO is the last hope?
ZoruKuraido wrote:

Not that I have absolutely nothing to play with. I'm just talking MMORPG here.  

DIRTY MIND! *Slaps self*

BTW, you might wanna lay off the crazy punch a little bit. Or just go outside. You're taking things a biiit too seriously.

ZoruKuraido

Rank 0
ZoruKuraido
PostedSep 02, 2012 11:52 pm
Excuse me?

Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
PostedSep 02, 2012 11:56 pm
ZoruKuraido wrote:
Excuse me?  

Yo feels for lime are way too strong. Only setting yourself up for disappointment.
Friendly advice; take it down a notch. Don't make it so personal.

ZoruKuraido

Rank 0
ZoruKuraido
PostedSep 03, 2012 1:27 am
I'm just saying Lime is the only thing interesting and I'm hoping it doesn't turns out to be worse than it seems, as there really isn't any other interesting MMO out there for me.
And if it is, it would be the last straw. I'm just tired of MMOs that end up the same.
I was, in fact, planning to quit MMOs until I read about this game. It would be a shame and nothing else, but I was curious if I was the only one.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedSep 03, 2012 2:00 am
Chaotix453 wrote:
DIRTY MIND! *Slaps self*

BTW, you might wanna lay off the crazy punch a little bit. Or just go outside. You're taking things a biiit too seriously.  

Chaotix453 wrote:
Yo feels for lime are way too strong. Only setting yourself up for disappointment.
Friendly advice; take it down a notch. Don't make it so personal.  

That's awfully rude... Neutral
I don't see anything too personal about this topic at all. It's just a discussion about games in general... not trading out first born children for them.

If you simply must contribute a negative opinion it would be nice to do so more politely.
Though, I'd simply suggest not being so closed minded to other's perspectives.

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedSep 03, 2012 2:40 am
All are wrong! *tantrum*

@ZoruKuraido
There are thousands of MMOs and hundreds of MMORPGs. I'm sure you have not played 5%, then try to look better because everyone here is playing other MMORPGs or plan play others if it FAILS. (Me: PSO2, TESO, RO2...)

@Chaotix
Man, I already said. This is a forum without game and the only reason for being open is because... well, because this open. But better keep all those topics dead and without fun before a GM do it with you.

Flying pigs took my signature away~