trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedSep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

How to report hackers properly

Getting sufficient evidence!
It has come to my attention that many diligent hacker-hating AVA players have been sending in insufficient evidence to prove that someone hacks. While we really appreciate the effort, the majority of screenshots that are sent in are unable to truly prove that someone hacks. For example, sending in a single screenshot of one person making a pistol kill is unable to show whether he used a 1-shotkill hack or not. After you report him using the in-game report function, you should follow the following procedure.

Procedures for gathering sufficient evidence:

For best effect, send in a video! Use a recording software like Bandicam or Fraps and record the hacker in action. Then use a movie editing software to cut to the meaty hacking parts, upload the clip to Youtube, and send a private video link via a ticket. This will provide firm, irrefutable evidence to get that nasty hacker banned!

If you don't have a screen recording software or are unable to run it, that's fine. You can take many screenshots sufficiently proving that the person is hacking. Then go to Postimage, click the "Choose files" button, go to your screenshots directory (Most likely located at C:\AeriaGames\AVA\avaGame\ScreenShots), and click upload. Then take the pictures' url and send it in a ticket.

If the player is using a name change hack, make sure to take screenshots of the scoreboard and of the report screen to show the player's true IGN.

Due to the high amount of false hack reports, it is essential that you provide enough information to prove that the person is hacking.

After you have your evidence, please report them via Contact Us, do not post on the forum about it.

Thanks guys~
Advertisement

FruutelIa

Rank 5.1
FruutelIa
PostedSep 01, 2012 5:13 pm
Hai. Didn't you already posts this?

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedSep 01, 2012 5:14 pm
FruutelIa wrote:
New version by request.

FruutelIa

Rank 5.1
FruutelIa
PostedSep 01, 2012 5:15 pm
trainer772 wrote:
FruutelIa wrote:
New version by request.  
O. I c.

blaznyuu

Rank 4
blaznyuu
PostedSep 01, 2012 6:07 pm
yeah, I've just been informed on my last ticket I should take a video of a pistol hacker. Wish we were told this earlier..

My Event: click this if you're not single =^.^= ElumineLily, 25thNight, BlaZcoWicZ, 25thBaam, iNyuuBlaZ, RWBY, Yoredet, KIRITOxASUNA, ShiWoonYi, NiTianErXing

iGoldDragon

Rank 5.1
iGoldDragon
PostedSep 01, 2012 6:08 pm
blaznyuu wrote:
yeah, I've just been informed on my last ticket I should take a video of a pistol hacker. Wish we were told this earlier..  

A ss only shows him killing people. A video is more appropriate since it will show him killing people in 1 shot....

BravoSeven

Rank 2
BravoSeven
PostedSep 01, 2012 7:22 pm   Last edited by BravoSeven on Sep 01, 2012 9:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Question:

1. This single screenshot is enough evidence?

2. How does the ingame report function work and how does it help?

Unfortunately i cant use video recording software while playing due to low system specifications, pistol hackers are quite lucky and i see at least two daily.

chesterava1

Rank 0
PostedSep 01, 2012 8:50 pm
Not like I can run Fraps or Bandicam on my crappy PC, so gl actually banning the many ppl I report. And the in-game report function does nothing other than tell you the actual IGN of a Namechanger

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedSep 01, 2012 9:05 pm
BravoSeven wrote:
Question:

1. --- is enough evidence?

2. How does the ingame report function work and how does it help?

Unfortunately i cant use video recording software while playing due to low system specifications, pistol hackers are quite lucky and i see at least two daily.  
Yea, that SS is good.

And although I can't specify on the in-game report function's mechanics, I am told that it is effective and that hundreds accounts get banned through it.

iLotus.

Rank 0
iLotus.
PostedSep 01, 2012 9:18 pm
For me, it's quite useless to even report anymore nor give the effort to send a ticket every time I encounter a hacker(with evidence of course). It seems as if hackers don't decrease at all, but rather increase. So what if you ban them, they will just either make a new account or get through the IP/hardware ban with another hack. There is almost at least one person a game who hacks, whether it be gun adding, UAV/Waller hack, Super pistol, Ghost Hack, Macro, and Unreal Bot OPK's and etc. Game is almost unplayable, and I know you GM's/GS's are doing your jobs, but you can't get rid of the hacks if you can't get rid of the source. Just my 1 cents