vampofval21

GameSage: Aeria Browser
vampofval21
PostedAug 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Suggestions Thread (NEW)

**IN PROGRESS**
NOTE -- This is still in progress. I am taking the old thread, going through it, cleaning it up, and starting over. Suggestions are awesome.
♥ Vampy ♥

Format for adding suggestions (copy/pasta):
Code:
[b]Current Situation[/b]:
[b]Your Suggestion[/b]:
[b]Pros[/b]:
[b]Cons[/b]:

Advertisement

vampofval21

vampofval21
PostedAug 24, 2012 1:56 pm   Last edited by vampofval21 on Aug 24, 2012 2:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Implemented Suggestions

RE: Interface wrote:

1. Suggestion: Sort all tabs of the bag together.
    Pros: less tab(le) flipping to find items in my inventory
    Cons: might require codework to actually look at the entire inventory when that sort button is clicked.

2. Suggestion: Less windows when completing/using quests and items.
    Pros: Lessen the time needed to actually do a mundane task. becuase in all honesty if i want to use an item or do a quest i dont want to be asked "are you sure" 10 times before i actually am able to submit.... same goes for after a completion.. i know i completed the thing i dont need to be told "task completed" to know its done .. *throws bricks in random directions out of anger*
    Cons: If people are uncareful they can do something they might not want to do.. however.. ppl should be cautious anyways.

3. Suggestion : Kingdom Chat
    Pros: So that other alliances wont get so lonely and can strengthen their relationship
    Cons: May cause alliances to fight with each other because of provocations

RE: Gameplay wrote:

1. Suggestion: Upgrading Military with better weapons and training
    Pros: it would allow for a change and more variety of units.
    Cons: people might use a lot of the same units it might effect those weaker then those that upgraded there military.

2. Suggestion: For the refuge building interface, an additional button for recruiting all of the available units should be present. This button would should the total cost for using, player would select coins or gems, and give final confirmation.
    Pros: Cuts down on the tedium and clicking for restoring a few units of multiple types.
    Cons: People may ignore the information presented in dialog boxes and wind up recruiting more than wanted.

3. Suggestion: Being able to increase a sire skill by more than one level at a time
    Pros: Less time spent constantly clicking confirmation on each level of Sire Skills.
    Cons: Can't think of any.

vampofval21

vampofval21
PostedAug 24, 2012 1:57 pm   Last edited by vampofval21 on Sep 29, 2012 10:47 am. Edited 2 times in total

Most Common Suggestions

These come up a lot -- in Thread and in Game
RE: Interface wrote:

1. Suggestion: Auto sort acquired items
    Pros: It would be easier if items that can be bundled, would do so automatically instead of having to go through each bag separately and manually push sort.
    Cons: By making it automatic, may sort all items such as hero armor and make it more cumbersome to organize

2. Suggestion: Chat interface change to where each type of chat is in their own tab. This would allow us to check easier if something is said in alliance chat.
    Pros: Easier flow of checking on alliance chat and other chat sections.
    Cons: Someone could not see something in All Chat window while tabbed into Alliance chat window.

3. Suggestion: Think, it will be nice if we can wrote 'space' in the city labels.
    Pros: It is really unpractice write with camelCase

4. Suggestion: make share-action send item-link in currently open channel, not in /world.
    Pros: share staff only with friends, not with all world, it also make /world clearly without links on different items and heroes.
    Cons: i can't find any negative aspect.

5. Suggestion: Allow an army command and destination to change during march.
    Pros: Will allow you to accurately assign a task and correct an error (like selecting garrison instead of conquer). Also, being able to change the location of the march makes the game more real and flexible, especially for slow armies traveling a large distance.
    Cons: People would use the attack notification to to fool defensive troop placement.

6. Suggestion: Remove the character limit on in-game mail!
    Reason: There have been many times where I wanted to send a message to someone, and after typing for a while, I suddenly can't type anymore and have to go back and replace you with u and insert contractions and alter the wording of what I was going to say just so I could fit it into a single message. At the very least the character limit for alliance announcements should be removed, I mean is it really necessary to protect alliance members from being spammed by their own leader?
    Pros: Make it easier for players to communicate with each other and express themselves in whatever way they desire, instead of whatever way will fit.
    Cons: I imagine the reason the character limit exists may have had something to do with preventing spam, but that can be accomplished by other means, by preventing people on your blacklist from sending mail for example.
    Also if it's a data storage space issue that could be dealt with in the same manner it is dealt with by most email service providers: give each mail account a limit on how much data it can have, make the user aware of this limit, and start blocking messages if they go over. That way the user will simply clean out their mail box when it gets too big.

RE: Gameplay wrote:

1. Suggestion: Implement inter-player trading within an alliance.
    Pros: Promotes alliance cooperation, creates new roles in an alliance, allows weaker players to help during a war, allows friends to help eachother.
    Cons: Dangerous for multi accounters to power build. (Can solve by banning trading multies)

2. Suggestion: Allow trade between players, and allow them to find the member by search, and even to locate them through "sorting" through Alliance, or Friends.
    Pros: This will keep many people interested, and help a lot of people out in the game, mainly because we can actually create some sort of trading hub, and that resources can be used more efficiently.
    Cons: People could create more accounts, but if you was to limit the character creation to one per IP, then this should not happen. You could also invoke a level requirement, such a level 15+ Marketplace, or level 20+ Sire level required.

3. Suggestion: There needs to be a limit of how much a player can instant revive using gold, the game is unplayable if you're up against a few people who are dropping $500 each in just 2 days on instant revive, even if you have the greatest alliance.
    Pros: Server lasts longer
    Cons: aeria earns less money in the short term

4. Suggestion is to have a bank or storage place in sanctum city where we can store items in our bag that we want to save for later, like a bank or storage npc, say we need it but need space in our bag
    Pros: Alleviates having to use or get rid of an item that we need for later if it comes to the point where we need space in our bag
    Cons: Dont really see any cons for this, this would be a very helpful thing to put in game

vampofval21

vampofval21
PostedAug 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Best Suggestions

--Reserved--

(Last Reserve Post -- Carry On)

Kaliedo

Rank 0
Kaliedo
PostedAug 26, 2012 7:40 am
Suggestion - Stop scamming people.

Pros - I no longer lose money on deceptive items while trying to support the game.
Cons - Aeria loses money by no longer selling deceptive items.

I believe that having people take the time to post suggestions is a waste as very little of it is ever implemented. If you take a look at the list of implemented suggestions you'll realize that all of them required very little effort on Aeria's part, while a bunch of the worthy suggestions that take a bit of effort are ignored.

They can take the time to think up and design money stealing content but they can't bother with implementing an in-game trade system. I supposed if we asked them to make it cost gold per trade they'd be on that right away the money hungry bastards.

Plutonicus

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2012 2:03 pm

More items available for gems

In the mall, I mean
By making more items available for gems in the mall, you are giving the F2P players a chance to slightly improve their odds against the gold users. Also, gems being removed from the economy will mean you have more gold users buying the gem packs and so on.

A simple example - the hero rebirth vials are critical for any player mid-game onward. By making it a gold only item, and worse, making it a non-tradeable item, you are generally restricting the F2P users to a max army of size 55.5k - this is ridiculously small when compared to the double rebirthed heroes who easily hold 250k+. The way battles work in this game, 55k of even the best defenders won't be able to stand against 250k of the worst offense. And I'm ignoring the fact that a double rebirthed hero will have MUCH better stats.

The pricing in gems could be similar to that done for quite a few other items - at a rate of 5x the price in gold or something. Not only will this help the non goldies have a better chance, it will also help stimulate the gem economy and act as a sink for the gems - this means more gems bought from the store. Also, you're getting more for the items than you normally would (the gem exchange rate in the store is at 3:1)

Sounds like a win-win, eh? Well, how about mall sales for gem items too? I'd buy up even more pioneer bags then! Smile

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

New Research

Current Situation:
20% of soldiers recover at noon every day from the Refuge.

Your Suggestion:
Add a research at the Seminary that can increase this number, even if max level is 5-10% bonus.

Pros:
1) Something new for us to research.
2) Get troops back a little faster

Cons:
1) Cash players will spend a little less gold, since the research would heal more.

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Sanctum City

Current Situation:
Even though every Sire can visit Sanctum city, i have never seen it on the map.

Your Suggestion:
Put Sanctum city on the world map. Fill the city with strong Rebirth 2 heroes (10,000+ defense) and millions of troops. Maybe give rewards when someone captures the city.

Pros:
1) High level players have something difficult to fight.

Cons:
1) Most players wouldn't be able to earn the reward.

Runemeister

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Market Resource Cap

Current Situation: You are limited to moving 200k resources, at a time, from one of your cities to another (at max level).
Your Suggestion: Increase the amount that can be moved so that it maxes somewhere between 500k to 1 million resources that may be moved at max level (level 30 market).
Pros: It reduces the tedious work of trying to move millions of resources 200k at a time. If you have ever tried to move 4 or 5 million resource from one city to another, you'll fully grasp how this would help. Nothing like, at times, having over 200k resources coming in per hour. Then, trying to distribute them when round trip takes a half hour. We won't even go into when the trips are 2 or more hours away. 200k is simply inadequate for anything past the early stages of the game. Presently, it is like trying to empty a bucket of water with a thimble.
Cons: It would allow movement of resources faster. An issue only if some sort of over restrictive resource transfer rate wants to be maintained.

<a></a>

Emihime19

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2012 2:35 pm
Current Situation:
Little to no economy: There's barely any ways to make money in game
especially if you're a kid who doesn't have real dollars to spend on gems.
The gems are impossible to come by unless you buy them so are the coins.

Your Suggestion:
Items should be able to be npced for at least a bit more money. I'm not
talking 110 coins you cant do anything with that but say like level 1 ore or what ever 1k level 2 2k etc. lower level equips for a few thousand say 2-5k and the higher up the equipment the more you can sell it for. Also maybe sell stuff in the auction house for coins or gems. Even a gem to coin npc or vice versa. Then players who dont have as much real dollars to spend can get at least some things in the item mall with gems

Pros:
An actual economy, helps free players, helps paid players more.

Cons:
If done right there shouldn't be any issues.

Current Situation:
Player trading is also non existent. If you are an alliance owner and you
want to share things with your members or just friends who wanna give items
to others you gotta risk putting it in auction at 1 gem and hope someone
doesn't take it. if the person doesn't have gems its too bad for them.
That's a system that's pretty bad.

Your Suggestion:
There should be a way for personal on
the spot trades where the system still takes out the gem fees or even it
can be sold for coins or free if you're just transferring items to others. it could be added to the user interface like where you can add player to combi or view player stats. that menu could be called personal trade.

Pros:
More security for item trading. allows alliances and friends to trade items freely or low cost with the right person. Removes the whole rushing to Colette and the whole "Okay quick its in go! go! go!"

Cons:
none?

Current Situation:
Sire leveling is another big issue. Its kinda hard to play when you can increase your sire level only at 9pm and only limited. I know the game is mainly about increasing your forces but some of that requires you to level so its frustrating when there is a cap
on how much you can level daily.

Your Suggestion:
I was thinking a good way to fix that was through the coliseum. there could
be a Randomtab where you fight for the usual rewards (coins, exp,
lumber, iron, grain, stone) but your rank doesn't move. So if someones
poor, they can go fight a random person for some coins or want some exp
same thing. of course you keep the 10 free requirements and of course the
random would only pick people in say 50 ranks below and above you.

Pros:
levelling will happen a little faster and give people stuff to do while waiting.

Cons:
spend all your gold buying arena passes?