Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:11 pm   Last edited by Sai5sai on Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm. Edited 8 times in total

[Guide] Pearl Socketing (conversion & drilling)

everything you need to know about them pesky pearls
Pearls are an excellent way to increase your overall stats and gain a edge over your opponents. In this guide, we'll show you how to socket your gear, how to use drills, and more.

Conversion

Drilling

FAQs
Advertisement

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:11 pm   Last edited by Sai5sai on Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm. Edited 6 times in total

Conversion

What they don't teach you in the game.
Conversion basically allows you not only to convert additional attributes of your gear to another gear but it also allows you to convert both pearls and pearl slots.

Let's take a deeper look into what I mean.

To get to the convert menu in the game, simply go to the armory. You can do this by either clicking the Armory building on the main screen of the game or by going to your league and clicking the league armory button. Each way will take you to the same place.

After you get to the Armory, look to the left and you'll see different tabs, click on the tab that says "Convert". Here is where all the magic happens.

In case you're new to converting, I'll offer a brief explaination. There's two slots. One slot is for the item you want the stats / pearls / holes to go into (the slot on the right). The other slot (on the left) is for the item that is giving up it's stats / pearls / holes to the other gear. One important note though, both gear must be the same kind. Hats can only convert into hats, rings into rings, and so on. Also, if you convert into a unbound item, it will become bound.

Now, to the fun stuff! After you insert the items into the right spots, simply press convert and a menu will pop up. It looks like this:

By default, both options are checked. What exactly do these options mean? Well, if you have both checked like in the image above, then everything will be transferred to the new gear including gear level, pearls, attributes, and so on.

If for some reason you don't want everything, then there's ways around it.

If you unclick both options, then no pearls will be transferred. However, level and attributes will.

If you choose only the first option, like in the image below, then only the first 4 pearls will be transferred, sub-pearls will not be. Level and attributes will also be transfferred.

As you can see. Only the first four pearls were transferred.

If you only choose the second option, then only the sub-pearls will be transferred.

Again...Only sub-pearls were transferred. 4 pearls were left behind.

And if you clicked both options? Well, you guessed it, all pearls are transferred.

For the most part, having both options checked works for most people but there's also some times where you don't want it checked. Many players choose to have PvP (Game House) gear and PvE (Boatyard) Gear. They have different pearls for the gear but still need to switch levels around. Having both options unchecked is the best way to transfer only level and attributes without effecting pearls.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:11 pm   Last edited by Sai5sai on Aug 22, 2012 1:35 am. Edited 7 times in total

Drilling

no....not for gold. o_O
Pearls are awesome, right? What's more awesome then pearls? More pearls! In this section we'll show you how to open up more slots then just four by using drills.

First off, we'll briefly explain that to unlock the first four pearls, you need:

1. First slot - Level 3 gear
  2. Second slot - level 6 gear
  3. Third slot - level 9 gear
  4. Fourth slot - level 12 gear

However, the last two sub-pearl slots require no specific level. They simply require drills.

There's four different kinds of drills.

• Junior drill -
  • Senior drill -
  • 3 Level Drilling -
  • 4 Level Drilling -

To use the drills, simply go to the armory as before but this time go to the "decorate" tab.

As you'll see in the image below, the last two pearl slots can only be opened with drills.

To use the drills, just drag-and-drop the gear you want drilled and click the "drill" button under the slot you want drilled. Each drill will give 1-5 points. 400 points total are required to unlock it for level 1 pearls.

Once you unlock the first level, you may insert level one pearls just like any other pearl.

It takes Junior Drills to unlock the first level. Senior Drills are used to unlock all levels after that.

Once you're done with this, you'll have a great edge over anyone who doesn't have their sub-pearls unlocked. Image below is of all pearls unlocked, including both sub-pearls.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:12 pm   Last edited by Sai5sai on Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am. Edited 3 times in total

FAQs

Question?

Answer.

What are these sub-pearls you keep talking about?

"Sub-pearls" is the name I use for the last two pearls. Makes it easier to explain. They're no different then normal pearls.

I don't want to over-write my pearls on my other gear but I REALLY don't want to waste so many energy stones raising the level, is there a way around this??

Of course! simply uncheck both options before you convert. It's explained above. You can also only transfer the sub-pearls this way without messing with the main pearls. Cool huh?

For some reason, I can convert? Help!

There's a few reasons why this might happen. The major one is lack of gold, each conversion needs 10k gold. Secondly, both equipment types must be the same.

How many drills to unlock sub-pearl slot?

Estimated about 130-140 drills.
400 points to unlock. Each drill gives 1-5 points. Average would be around 3 points per drill. So, 400/3 would be 133 drills. Of course, luck does come into play, so could be less and could be more.

Your FAQs sucks, my question wasn't answered. How do I _____?

Just comment below and I'll answer ASAP.

amylee6991

Rank 1
amylee6991
PostedAug 21, 2012 10:30 pm
got any ideas on how many drills needed to open a slot ? estimate it for me pls ty Question

<a></a>

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedAug 21, 2012 11:09 pm
amylee6991 wrote:
got any ideas on how many drills needed to open a slot ? estimate it for me pls ty Question  

Estimated, about 130 to 140 drills.

It takes 400 points to unlock. You randomly get 1-5 points per drill. Average is around 3. 400/3 = 133.

Range would be 80-400 (from really really unlucky, to really really lucky lol). I would expect to use about 130-140 average tho. :3

Thanks for the Q.

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedAug 22, 2012 12:32 am
lol you can hit a lv3 drill slot if you keep drilling with senior drills. you need to open the lv 2 slot first. and you can do a lv4 slot with senior drills too just know they will take up more drills. don't believe me look at the guys in hall of fame. I know cause i'm the one selling them drills to get lv3 drill slots Very Happy

amylee6991

Rank 1
amylee6991
PostedAug 22, 2012 1:02 am
my first drill hole was indeed lucky .. i used 63+ drills it gave 4-5 points xD

<a></a>

abakada05

Rank 0
abakada05
PostedAug 23, 2012 6:34 pm

current version bug

"If you unclick both options, then no pearls will be transferred. However, level and attributes will.

If you choose only the first option, like in the image below, then only the first 4 pearls will be transferred, sub-pearls will not be. Level and attributes will also be transfferred. "

when i do unclick both options, the bug is that it still acts like the second paragraph i copied.

this has been my appeal, but has not yet been resolved even after many maintenances.

When converting from one outfit to another, the opening (as seen to
be a yellow text) on the "dante hole" DOES NOT convert to the other outfit
as an open dante hole (yellow text). This screenshot shows my outfit with
ALL harm in yellow with 2 dante holes.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/74431494.png/ This othe picture
shows the outfit i wish to convert with; it has ALL quick, with 2 dante
holes. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/34998256.png/ Now I
unchecked the option box here
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/88761824.png/ so that what will
happen is that ALL the quicks including the dante holes of quick in the
other outfit will be ACTIVATED. After I press confirm convert, it does NOT
happen as it should, as seen in the tho following shots.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/87388376.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/68496125.png/
As you can see, the yellow text on the dante hole for harm did not
transfer. This is a bug, and other players have been complaining about it
too.

KeinAngelic

Rank 0
KeinAngelic
PostedAug 24, 2012 6:40 am
Sai send us any boom Cool