Andralas

Rank 0
PostedAug 21, 2012 5:34 pm

For Those Looking To Be Published

The subject says it all. Mostly.
Hello, fellow gamers!

My name is Bridgette, and I'm posting here to 1) tell you all about a publishing opportunity and 2) promote my first book.

For the first: [url]Slimbooks.com[/url] is a new publishing company launching at the beginning of next month. They specialize in books that range from 80-100 pages long, and they're willing to publish stories longer than that in installments. If you don't like writing in fluff, or if you have written your story already and been rejected by other publishers because of your word-count being too low, Slimbooks could be your friend. Most publishing companies want books that are 80-100k words long. Slimbooks wants stories that are around 25k words. (And that's on the long end of the spectrum.) If you go to their website you can sign up for info on their launch, and you can also submit a request to be a writer for them. They currently also have a contest running. Whoever wins that contest will receive a free copy of every book they publish this year. My own included.

For the second: I'm one of those writers who will be in the first waves of being published. I've written a fantasy book about a horribly misunderstood protagonist facing not only the persecution of everyone she encounters but also a supernatural force threatening to kill her. As a first time published author, I would greatly appreciate it if any of you would be willing to purchase a copy of it when it's released. The tentative scheduled date for release is on September 10th. The title is 'Indralas'. If you Google the name, you'll find I'm on various sites with that name. World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and if you're lucky, you may find my blog with the unedited first 5 chapters of the story.

Happy playing, happy writing, and happy reading, everyone!

Also, I play on Teos server, if anyone wants to seek me out. All of my toons names start with 'Indra', with the exception of "Reaper.Indra". I like consistency.
Advertisement

PigIer

Rank 3
PigIer
PostedAug 21, 2012 5:37 pm
Riight..1 post advertising...no me gusta

Andralas

Rank 0
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:01 pm
It may be a post advertising, but it's also a post giving fellow writers a heads up about a publishing opportunity. They aren't being told they have to buy my book to be considered for publishing, it's just something I'd like them to do. I'm not with holding information from them, and when it comes down to it, whether Slimbooks publishes them or not depends on the quality of their own work. In the end, Slimbooks needs sales to continue anyhow, so if writers here want to be published there's got to be some kind of revenue being generated. I'm giving it a push on my own. I'm sorry if you 'no gusta', but that's how it is.

PigIer

Rank 3
PigIer
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:21 pm
Andralas wrote:
It may be a post advertising, but it's also a post giving fellow writers a heads up about a publishing opportunity. They aren't being told they have to buy my book to be considered for publishing, it's just something I'd like them to do. I'm not with holding information from them, and when it comes down to it, whether Slimbooks publishes them or not depends on the quality of their own work. In the end, Slimbooks needs sales to continue anyhow, so if writers here want to be published there's got to be some kind of revenue being generated. I'm giving it a push on my own. I'm sorry if you 'no gusta', but that's how it is.  

I understand, but why do it on a new account with zero posts prior to this? O.o

Andralas

Rank 0
PostedAug 21, 2012 6:48 pm
Well, I usually don't go onto the forums, I just play. If I need help with anything, I usually ask in game, and if I can't find anything in game, I kind of just figure it out on my own. Generally speaking, I forget there are forums. Then I 'rediscovered' them, so to speak. Usually when I think of forums, I don't think of 'community', I think of it as a helper, or an aid. Other websites that I use usually I don't go on the forums either, I'm alright with guilds, though. I suppose my mind frame may be a bit off.