bmendonc

Rank 2
bmendonc
PostedSep 10, 2012 6:33 pm
nice, will try on win 7 and win 8, only step 2 works/ is needed on win xp

Aeria's solution to AVA: copy KAVA's money-making traits only, The result? A30A GG
Advertisement

bmendonc

Rank 2
bmendonc
PostedSep 16, 2012 12:24 pm
lol, msqs doesn't exist on my win 7 pc

running win 7 professional

i'll try this on my win 8 pc next, as for my win xp pc, the networking seems to be going a bit faster, maybe i'll run a speed test

Aeria's solution to AVA: copy KAVA's money-making traits only, The result? A30A GG

iGoldDragon

Rank 5.1
iGoldDragon
PostedSep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: [Tutorial]How to Lower Ping in Windows 7

I Did not Make this guide.. just thought i'd post it for those who want to lower ping.
secretagent46 wrote:
Credits go to the original owner. I DID NOT make this guide. If This First one does Not work try the 2nd one... and if that don't work then try the 3rd. Hope this helps all u people who lag. Smile Also if u do not have these Files just skip down to bottem and try one of the alternative solutions.

Step 1
Open a command prompt with admin rights. To do so, go to the following location
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories | And then right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator". If you have disabled the UAC, then you can just open it normally.
Either type, or copy and paste, the following into the command prompt,
and then press 'Enter' on your keyboard: netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp | This turns on Compound TCP, which increases the TCP window much quicker than the traditional TCP algorithms allow for. This means that when a sudden burst of larger packets comes in, or goes out, Windows adjusts its settings faster than normal to compensate for it, allow for faster data transfer on broadband connections and lower latency while gaming. | Warning: I highly recommend that you create a System Restore point before proceeding with the next three steps.

Step 2
Click the 'Start' button, type regedit in the search field, and press 'Enter' on your keyboard. If you don't know how to edit the registry, then you may want to take a look at this article.
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
When you click to expand 'Interfaces', you will see one or more subkeys with long names that looks like the following screenshot:

You will need to know what IP address your computer has on your local network (not on the Internet), and then find the subkey under 'Interfaces' that has the correct IP address. If you don't know how to find out the IP address on your local network, then check out this tutorial. In most cases only one of the subkeys will have all of the information, so it should be easy to find even if you get confused. Look at the following screenshot to see what all of the information looks like:

Once you find it, you need to add two registry values to it. They are both 32-bit DWORD values. They are as follows: TcpAckFrequency | TCPNoDelay
After adding both of those, double-click on each one, and give them both a hexadecimal value of 1, just like in the following screenshot:

If you don't know how to make 32-bit Values... do this

After doing that, they should look like they do in the following screenshot:

Step 3 | go to search bar and type "turn windows Features On or Off, Next u will want to expand "Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server Core" as well | After doing that, click all of the checkboxes under the "Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server" section, just like in the screenshot below:

Step 4 If you closed regedit earlier, you will need to open it back up for this step. Navigate to the following key in regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters All we need to do here is add TCPNoDelay to the 'Parameters' key, with a 32-bit DWORD value of 1. This will work pretty much the same way that it did before. It will look like the following screenshot when done:

If you completed those steps properly, then you should be able to play AVA, or whatever other online games you enjoy, with much less lag. I don't know why installing and configuring Microsoft Messaging Queue helps reduce the Latency. I just know it has helped my computer and may help you, so just try it... sorry about this being disorganized and all, but im new to guide making so there's nothing i can really do. If this Doesn't work try Leatrix Latency Fix. and the my final is http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php (Thanks to WindowsSeal)  

meh, i rather not mess with my pc, im fin at 50 ping

bmendonc

Rank 2
bmendonc
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:38 pm
lol igold, i luv to mess with my computers, you just have to use common sense

and i didnt have time to test this on win 8

i got ap chem to deal with Mad

d3shawN

Rank 0
d3shawN
PostedSep 26, 2012 12:36 pm
Fortunately it works perfectly, it got my ping to get down a little bit, thanks.

drewphamtom

Rank 5
drewphamtom
PostedSep 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Works on my windows 7 32-bit Thank you so much!

sivasli18

Rank 0
sivasli18
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:22 pm

xZosime

Rank 5
xZosime
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:12 pm

secretagent46

Rank 2
secretagent46
PostedDec 11, 2012 6:28 pm