Innovator_

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
Innovator_
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:08 pm   Last edited by Innovator_ on Aug 17, 2012 11:06 am. Edited 4 times in total

[Support] Screenshot Tutorial

Lately I have seen people asking how do you take a screenshot on Soldier Front and they get confused by the instructions so I decided to make a thread to help them.

There are many programs you can use to take a screenshot of Soldier Front. (Poka's method is at the bottom)

Programs: Fraps/Dxtory/Xfire.

Also you can use your keyboard to take a screenshot.

I use fraps and I will use it to demonstrate in this thread.

(If you need fraps just ask me and I will PM you a link if you want. If you need proof its not a virus link I can provide you a video of me downloading it)

This is what FRAPS should look like when you open it:

You then go to the Screenshot tab which should look like this:

You have the option to choose which format you want your image to come out and where to store it when you take a screenshot. Also you have the hotkey option which all you need to do is press that hotkey and it will take a screenshot.

All that is left for you to do to be able to post your screenshot is either upload it to your photobucket or upload it to Tinypic.

http://photobucket.com/

http://tinypic.com/

To upload it to forums without pressing a link use this code: '[img] link [/img].

If you do not wish to use Xfire/Fraps/Dxtory you can use your keyboard to upload screenshots aswell.

The Print Screen button should be located here:

Whenever you need to screenshot just press that button (you can only do it once, you cannot save it to a folder) Do not copy anything else or your screenshot will be erased.

The next step is to open the program Paint and press the following: Ctrl+V (at the same time) and it should paste onto Paint. If not just click in the white area and press Ctrl+V again.

Save the file and either upload it to Photobucket/Tinypic.

If you are using an image to report something to helpdesk I recommend using the 'direct layout link'

Which is the last option for the site Tinypic. For Photobucket it is the SECOND option once you hover over your picture.

Poka's method:

This method is to help people who don't feel comfortable downloading anything such as Xfire, or fraps, or any kind of screen capturing device. In the game, there is a function where you simply press P and it will screenshot the game and put it into a folder.

To get to that folder, all you have to do is :

1. Open Your C Drive ( Click Computer on the taskbar and click C:
2. Near the top there should be an Aeriagames Folder , click on that.
3. Then, it will show Downloader, and whatever folders for games you have on aeria. Click SoldierFront.
4. At the very top you should see another folder called data, click that.
5. Then you should see a screenshot folder. This is where all your screenshots go.
6. If you just finished a game and took screenshots, it is best to refresh the folder. ( The refresh button is at the top. )
7. For easy uploading, ( because they all have similar file names ) Just Click F2 on a screenshot to change the name of it.
8. As already in the thread, go to tinypic/photobucket and use Innovator's screenshots to help you from there.

Credits to iluvpokaa
Advertisement

xSnDx0zac0

Rank 2
xSnDx0zac0
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:09 pm
Thank u alot Smile

Ryan_SF

Rank 5
Ryan_SF
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:12 pm
Nice tutorial, cheers for the info. Wink

YummyBoba

Rank 1
YummyBoba
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:21 pm

print screen

when you take a screen shot with "Prt sc" or "print screen", it will come out black when you paste it in PAINT. when youre IN-GAME, if you press print screen, it will go to your print screen folder in your computer->aeriagames folder->soldierfront folder->data folder->screen shot folder

TheTofu

Rank 0
TheTofu
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:23 pm
My Screenshots That I Take With PrtScrn Always Come Out Black. So I Use Fraps.

xF: uchihatofu

Innovator_

Innovator_
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: print screen

YummyBoba wrote:
when you take a screen shot with "Prt sc" or "print screen", it will come out black when you paste it in PAINT. when youre IN-GAME, if you press print screen, it will go to your print screen folder in your computer->aeriagames folder->soldierfront folder->data folder->screen shot folder  

Then I recommend everyone to use Fraps/Dxtory/Xfire.

If you need FRAPs I can provide you a safe link with video proof.

Law | Sniper

ShineSprites

Rank 2
ShineSprites
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Innovator_ wrote:
YummyBoba wrote:

Mind PM'ing me the link?

Matrices

Rank 0
Matrices
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:35 pm   Last edited by Matrices on Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Also uploading your image to imgur.com is way better than photobucket or tinypic.

Innovator_

Innovator_
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

ShineSprites wrote:
Innovator_ wrote:
YummyBoba wrote:

Mind PM'ing me the link?  

PM'd you sir.

Law | Sniper

Thatshtkray

Rank 3
Thatshtkray
PostedAug 16, 2012 2:40 pm
All windows 7 users could use Snipping Tool also