freemclays

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
freemclays
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:42 pm
dualheart24 wrote:
freemclays wrote:
So you're suggesting that whoever does pure grinding rather than slowly level up with quests gets no rewards too? Every way you plan the event, it will be flawed. Rag did it in the most favourable way, the event started, screenshots have been sent in, he can't just stop it or suddenly change it now.  

never said stop the event i just said add an extra screen in the screenshot. add the reputation screen in it thats all im saying..  

I know, but if you put in a screenshot with no fame, you get nothing, or at least that's how I think you meant to put it. If someone decides to ignore quests and level up by doing dungeons, they'd have no fame at all so they wouldn't qualify, yet they still did the work, just in a faster way.
Advertisement

dualheart24

Rank 0
dualheart24
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:46 pm
i see what you mean but to get to the dungoens u gotta do quests. or are you gonna lvl from lvl 20 to 31 by doing only 20 PC runs a day>?

cdo141

Rank 0
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Lol, seem like my good-natured post got hated on xD. Sigh, sometimes you guys just make me sad.

First and foremost, I only have one alt that is lvling by ACV. And power lvlng has been happening forever. If you want to ban it, you have to ban half the game player.

Second, I don't enter my alt on the event nor do I plan to. If you can catch me submiting anything for that part of event, show me proof, I'm willing to delete both my chars. There, satisfied?

And when did I say exploit is okay? Throwing around baseless insults won't help your case. I sense you're just letting out some personal grudge.

Like a shooting star, you entered my life.

dualheart24

Rank 0
dualheart24
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:48 pm
but then again u do get reputation points for killing bosses so you can show that too

freemclays

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
freemclays
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:49 pm
dualheart24 wrote:
i see what you mean but to get to the dungoens u gotta do quests. or are you gonna lvl from lvl 20 to 31 by doing only 20 PC runs a day>?  

You can level up by killing the monsters inside. Try it, it works wonders, especially at lower levels. But back to the origins of this, you can only redeem the stuff for each tier once per account, so I don't see how much damage can be done since most items are NT.

dualheart24

Rank 0
dualheart24
PostedAug 14, 2012 10:53 pm
"Other than that, if the highbies actually plvl 1 or 2 alts to high lvl (after tier 3-4 and such) then I'd say let them have the rewards since they did spend efforts. Rag did carefully design the tiers so the rewards get progressively better and are scaled to the lvl of the tier."

by this you are saying its ok to exploit the game by power leveling to recieve prizes.

srsly i can get on right now log on get 3 lvl 15's in a party and i can get them to lvl 51 in the next 15 hours all 3 at the same tiem will hit lvl 51.. so therefore i get 3 prizes for the effort i spent power leveling them for 15 hours.. where it would take them atleast 4 days to hit the level i got them in 15 hours.

cdo141

Rank 0
PostedAug 14, 2012 11:03 pm
dualheart24 wrote:
"Other than that, if the highbies actually plvl 1 or 2 alts to high lvl (after tier 3-4 and such) then I'd say let them have the rewards since they did spend efforts. Rag did carefully design the tiers so the rewards get progressively better and are scaled to the lvl of the tier."

by this you are saying its ok to exploit the game by power leveling to recieve prizes.

srsly i can get on right now log on get 3 lvl 15's in a party and i can get them to lvl 51 in the next 15 hours all 3 at the same tiem will hit lvl 51.. so therefore i get 3 prizes for the effort i spent power leveling them for 15 hours.. where it would take them atleast 4 days to hit the level i got them in 15 hours.  

You quote one part and ignore the rest of the post lol.

Plvling means you still have to do the work by yourself. So the only exploitation I can see is for a highbie to plvl several alts to the lower lvl tiers and receive multiples rewards. This is a downside of the event that I admit it is hard to prevent.  

By this I already admit what you just describe as a flaw we cannot realistically prevent.

Your idea of showing an extra ss is also ultimately flawed. After lvl 66 or so, REP quests and such got progressively irrelevant. MSMF and MPT become much better choice to grind. So it's not uncommon if you receive little fame at this point if you're only focused on grinding. What you asked for will technically become another requirement for the event that is only meant for lvling.

We have discussed this event many times, and this is the best format we can come up with. I rather have an event with a few loopholes that serve to shake up the game's activities than to have nothing at all because I'm afraid of exploiters.

Like a shooting star, you entered my life.

dualheart24

Rank 0
dualheart24
PostedAug 14, 2012 11:08 pm
cdo141 wrote:
dualheart24 wrote:

You quote one part and ignore the rest of the post lol.

Plvling means you still have to do the work by yourself. So the only exploitation I can see is for a highbie to plvl several alts to the lower lvl tiers and receive multiples rewards. This is a downside of the event that I admit it is hard to prevent.  

By this I already admit what you just describe as a flaw we cannot realistically prevent.

Your idea of showing an extra ss is also ultimately flawed. After lvl 66 or so, REP quests and such got progressively irrelevant. MSMF and MPT become much better choice to grind. So it's not uncommon if you receive little fame at this point if you're only focused on grinding. What you asked for will technically become another requirement for the event that is only meant for lvling.

We have discussed this event many times, and this is the best format we can come up with. I rather have an event with a few loopholes that serve to shake up the game's activities than to have nothing at all because I'm afraid of exploiters.  

alright then try this show that extra screen shot for all the tiers till lvl 66. i mean i know it hard to lvl after 66 unless your using your lvl 80 - 90 to power lvl yourslef doing ACV and SMF and PT with the Mo's but according to ToS and from recent bann's . your not allowed to run your self for Mo's. i mean its confusing i know you can sell leeches but you cant be double clienting and be in the same party doing the same MO

dualheart24

Rank 0
dualheart24
PostedAug 14, 2012 11:09 pm
how do i know this? well simple lol.. i was banned for a week for doing that. Smile

ahjac

Rank 1
ahjac
PostedAug 14, 2012 11:13 pm
There is nothing wrong to plvl your alt up you work hard for your main, many even pay for plvl in world chat.

go level up and no point complaining on other success.