niki22101

Rank 0
PostedAug 14, 2012 5:32 am

34lvl+ too hard to level up

34lvl+ too hard to level up
Hello i am lvl 34 and i am getting 4-5% exp per quest i am in valley of kings and it is just too hard to level up idk what to do if it is like that I intend to stop the game this is just impossible.
Advertisement

MeiuAngel

Rank 2
MeiuAngel
PostedAug 14, 2012 6:12 am
That is indeed the way it is intended - if you think that's hard you'll be very disappointed when you get to level 60+, as most quests there don't even give 1% of a level and you often only get two or three story quests meaning the majority is pure grind.
If you think about it, 5% exp per quest = 20 quests to level up. If you think about it that way, it doesn't seem so bad. A friend of mine who's level 68 worked out that she'll have to do about 300 repeatables to level up!

In the 30s is a good time to start doing guild quests, assuming you're in a guild - they give decent experience and can normally be stacked with repeatable quests in the area. Look in your peer chat for anyone who would like to join you and it will go even faster!

Another good way to level is to try and find dungeon parties - monsters in dungeons at that level give excellent character experience. I can't remember the exact level you have to be, but when I was level 30-ish a lot of people went to Ulta Hall in Valley of Kings and did their grinding on the dinosaurs there.

SeptimYgdrassil

Rank 0
SeptimYgdrassil
PostedAug 14, 2012 6:14 am
It's weird to see people complaining even after they reworked the exp curve >.>

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedAug 14, 2012 6:50 am
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

This is just fundamentally how the game works, as you get higher in level, the game gets harder, so it can challenge you.

If you need exp, go for Professor Koss in Aven, he gives a buff that makes you get more exp from killing monsters, which is really good for exp in dungeons.

I must say, it's shameful for you to complain the game is too hard. Originally the difficulty was higher, and they nerfed it so you can solo/duo any dungeon up to your level range without the single player mode.

Soalai

Rank 1
Soalai
PostedAug 14, 2012 7:23 am
If you keep playing and look back at this, 4 to 5% for a single quest would amaze you. It takes longer and longer with each level. Keep at it, as this is the way the game was intended. Very soon you will find the arena provides the best source of experience and CP for you. Do all your dailies and repeatables, and of it bores you just remember you get gold from it too. I know it's discouraging, as there's a big leap in leveling effort in the 30s, so don't get discouraged. I could help you run dungeons if you want. Smile

<br> <a>GuildLaunch userpage</a><br>

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedAug 14, 2012 8:38 am
MeiuAngel wrote:
In the 30s is a good time to start doing guild quests, assuming you're in a guild - they give decent experience and can normally be stacked with repeatable quests in the area. Look in your peer chat for anyone who would like to join you and it will go even faster!

This ^. Make GQ parties and grab the rep quests that stack up with them. If you work with other players, you can finish quests in no time at all (and your guild will love you for the guild fame you bring in ^^). You can get GQs from aven or your guild town.

Be sure to do all your book quests too. General merchants on each map sell books that can give you quests. It's very worthwhile to do them, and they often stack with mainline quests.

azureleaf777

Rank 1
azureleaf777
PostedAug 14, 2012 8:42 am
As most MMORPG, leveling will do get tougher as time goes by. Don't give up. As Millumi said, the game used to be tougher to level up and do dungeons back especially when it was in Closed Beta. You have the advantage of leveling easier now that it has changed.

Don't give up. Make new friends, join a guild. Don't always think that leveling is the most important thing to do in the game. Because having fun is important! When you hit level 30 a few things get unlocked for you actually. As Millumi said, you can visit Professor Koss in Aven and he will give you a 50% EXP Buff which lasts for 3 hours (but can only be redeemed once per day). If you haven't already known, you can visit Tarot Card Reader Morlin in Aven. He will give you a buff that gives 10% more CP for a random Branch (Tank, Melee, RDPS, MDPS, Healing). I believe it lasts for 2 hours. Reaching level 30 also allows you to unlock the Arena feature: 3vs3 Arena, and Monster Battle Arena, and the Racial Crafting system.
Guides: 3vs3 Arena Guide // Monster Battle Arena Guide // Introduction to Racial Crafting

A good way to gain EXP/CP is by stacking quests. Book Quests, Guild Quests, Story Quests, and some Repeatable quests do coincide a lot with the Main Storyline Quests. Meaning, completing one quest will eventually complete the others.

Here is what you can do to stack the quests when you enter a NEW region:

• Grab first Guild Quest of region. (from Bulletin Board in your Guild Town or from NPC Kaiser at Aven)
  • Grab first Book Quest of the region. (from the General Merchant in that region or from Book Merchant Trebeck in Aven)
  • Grab the first Story Quest of that region.
  • Grab a Repeatable Quest from the same NPC that you got the Story Quest from. (grab the quest that coincides with the Story Quest)
  • Complete them all!
  • After, grab the second Book Quest of the region and the second Guild Quest of the region and do the quests as you normally would again!
  • Remember that you can always grab Repeatable Quests along the way as you complete the Story Quests from the NPC's around. Grab the one that coincides with the Story Quest.
  • Remember right before you enter a dungeon, grab a Guild Quest from the Junior Soul/Soul Guardian. They coincide with the dungeon itself.

Once you get the hang of doing this in each region you'll receive a good amount of EXP/CP, gold, Special Fame, Regional Fame, Guild Fame, Drops, and more!

Hope this helped! :D

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedAug 14, 2012 6:04 pm
Just lvl and go to avilla when u can. Barams chasm is perhaps the most spammable dgn in the game for exp and cp. Also if you dont wanna dgn it, the dinosaurs in avilla have tiny HP and die fast so is a good place to lvl any classes you want while still gainig exp. They also drop terrified thoughts which sell very well, or can be kept for crafting.

Tempestchron

Rank 0
PostedAug 17, 2012 6:52 am
In my experience, the 30-40 range have a ton of quests to manage so the 5% exp/quest never really became an issue. Stacking Guild Quests, Dailies, Book, and main quests and turning them in all at the same time will give a load of exp, plus some spare cash and some loot you will need. Also, try to join others in killing Zone Elite Monsters because they give defender boxes that will give you tokens you can exchange for fame and an exp boost. (You will know they will appear when your notifications say so. They will appear as skulls on your minimap)

I farmed most of my money for gear in that level range. Amacle was right in saying to farm the dinosaurs in case you're bored. The terrified thoughts and items that drop from them (esp. rings) will net you a good amount of gold.

If you find yourself getting bored with playing the game alone, find yourself a guild. Levelling is easier and more fun if you have people to talk to around Smile