MastaGunZ

Rank 0
MastaGunZ
PostedAug 09, 2012 2:37 pm

MP5 Mods Guide

By G4l3
MP5 Mods Guide

The MP5SD5 is a great weapon to have in the arsenal of a great pointman. Its most distinct features are the integrated silencer as well as its terrifyingly high ROF. It is a well-rounded gun with few weaknesses and many positive aspects.

Mods available:

Barrels:

Burst Barrel

+More ROF (750 -> 810 RPM)
-Less accuracy
=better in CQC, worse at long ranges

Sharpshooter Barrel

+More accuracy
-Less ROF
-has a "clumsy recoil" feeling (I can't describe)
=Better long ranges, worse at CQC

Spetsnaz Barrel

+More Accuracy
+Faster recovery rate
+Less bloom
-Less mobility
=Best barrel for consecutive hits, all-around. Most recommended barrel, because it solves the problematic bloom.

Grips:

Ergonomic Grip

+Better accuracy, especially moving
=Good for getting more hits, no bad side effect

Silicon Grip

+Less recoil per shot
-Random groupings
=Subtracts from nonexistent recoil, adds to bad bloom

Triggers:

Custom Cylinder

+More damage (something the MP5 lacks)
-Slower bloom recovery rate
=Powerful SMG, needs shorter bursts

Mechanism Improvement Trigger

+More ROF (750 -> 810 RPM)
-Less first-shot accuracy, especially when moving

Precision Trigger

+Better first shot
-less sprayability
=ruins the point of a PM gun

Mods configurations:

The important idea behind modding the MP5SD5 correctly is making it geared towards a certain aspect of combat rather than balancing the mods. For example, it wouldn't be wise to put a mechanism improvement and a sharpshooter barrel on the MP5; the bonuses will cancel out and result in a weirder recoil pattern.

The barrels are distinct from one another. The burst barrel is a must-have for all DPS fans, thoguh it will make the gun harder to use. The sharpshooter barrel should generally be unused considering how unimportant accuracy is at CQC compared to the ROF reduction. The spetsnaz barrel is the best one for novices who want to maximize easiness and hit rate.

The triggers will only serve to increase the DPS at the cost of making it harder to hit the enemy. I personally don't use either +DPS trigger because the ROF is fast enough, and I feel that the damage increase would be negated by a decreased hit rate. The precision trigger is not recommended because it ruins the point of the gun - to use slightly long bursts. All triggers will make the gun harder to burst.

Both grips are geared towards making it easier to hit the enemy. The ergonomic grip is helpful to those who use shorter bursts. The silicon grip is geared towards longer bursts and decreases accuracy. Since the bloom of the gun is rather problematic and silicon only focuses on decreasing recoil, the ergonomic grip is generally a better choice.

Most DPS I 3.8k euro
-Burst Barrel (+60 RPM, -accuracy)
-Ergonomic Grip (+accuracy)
-Custom Cylinder (+2 damage, -stability)
This setting will make the gun a little tougher to use with a balanced reduction in accuracy and stability. However, it has more ROF and more damage per bullet.

Most DPS II 3.3k euro
-Burst Barrel (+60 RPM, -accuracy)
-Mechanism Improvement (+60 RPM, -accuracy)
This setting will give super high ROF at the cost of accuracy. This bullet hose should only be used in extremely close quarters.

Laser accuracy 3.3 k euro
-Sharpshooter Barrel (+accuracy, -30 RPM)
-Precision Trigger (+accuracy, -stability)
This is the best setting for people who like to fight at longer ranges and can tap very well. Not really recommended, because the gun suddenly has no advantage at any range.

Best hit rate 2.6k euro
-Spetsnaz Barrel (+accuracy, +stability, -mobility)
This configuration is for people who have difficulty controlling recoil or spread at close quarters. Probably the best place to start for novices, since it allows good performance after spraying a lot. I highly recommend this because it cures a lot of the problematic blooming as well as giving the weapon outstanding moveshot accuracy. The moveshot accuracy is so good with this configuration it is only 1 pixel more than the standshot.

All-around 3.6k euro
-Spetsnaz Barrel (+accuracy, +stability, -mobility)
-Mechanism Improvement (+60 RPM, -accuracy)
This is a good place for people who are unsure to start off with. It provides a nice balance of increased DPS, stability, and accuracy. One of my personal favorite.

This is my first guide. Try not to bash. There may be some wrong information in here that I may have overlooked, so try your best to be nice while adding constructive criticism.
All pictures can be found here:
[img]http://imageshack.us/g/27/burstbarrel.png/[/img]

If you liked it, rate the thread 5 stars and bump it for more people to see!

Umm, credit to Sh3llshocked for providing the RPM numbers.

Korean AVA Player Since 2007 | Japan AVA 2008 | IJJI AVA 2009
Advertisement

lStealtherl

Rank 0
PostedSep 11, 2012 11:32 am
Wasn't there another MP5SD5 guide, which had more extensive info? Not saying this isn't up to par, it covers greatly, it's just the other guide was written more... understandable with mods explained further, its pattern etc.

Hopefully my memory hasn't gone haywire, but that guide also mentioned..

Burst Barrel
Silicon Grip
Precision Trigger

..and was called 'Balanced' setup, whose reasons I cannot remember, and I'm still using it even now. Would you recommend this setup? Good rof and still good aim with tap+burst. I sometimes still have thoughts about testing with spetsnatz setups (still haven't), but I probably couldn't live with mobility nerf.

Any mp5sd5 fellow remembers? Or am I just dreaming?

MastaGunZ

Rank 0
MastaGunZ
PostedSep 11, 2012 11:47 am
lStealtherl wrote:
Wasn't there another MP5SD5 guide, which had more extensive info? Not saying this isn't up to par, it covers greatly, it's just the other guide was written more... understandable with mods explained further, its pattern etc.

Hopefully my memory hasn't gone haywire, but that guide also mentioned..

Burst Barrel
Silicon Grip
Precision Trigger

..and was called 'Balanced' setup, whose reasons I cannot remember, and I'm still using it even now. Would you recommend this setup? Good rof and still good aim with tap+burst. I sometimes still have thoughts about testing with spetsnatz setups (still haven't), but I probably couldn't live with mobility nerf.

Any mp5sd5 fellow remembers? Or am I just dreaming?  

well seeing as the IJJI forums have been down for a while, all my threads are from google cache, which doesn't cache EVERY page correctly.

so why don't you try to find it for me?

Korean AVA Player Since 2007 | Japan AVA 2008 | IJJI AVA 2009