Armitage87

Rank 1
Armitage87
PostedAug 09, 2012 9:30 am

Aeria team=Please dont Open too Many servers for DK

As we all know most Aeria games today have problem with Population balanc servers/Merges

I Can just Say start with 1 server and wait after some time the game will get a stabil population,its better to have 20 Chanels than 20 Servers . . .
Advertisement

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedAug 09, 2012 9:53 am
I don't get why this is being considered an issue this early, as there hasn't even been a CB.

Floccinauci

Rank 2
Floccinauci
PostedAug 09, 2012 4:27 pm
Picchuu wrote:
I don't get why this is being considered an issue this early, as there hasn't even been a CB.  

Feedback is usually welcome at all times, and it is often better to think about these things beforehand rather than having to band-aid it later on.

It is probably less likely to be read/noticed by the people responsible for these decisions than it would be at a later game, but providing the feedback early on doesn't hurt since you can always repost it at later point if it hasn't been noticed yet.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedAug 11, 2012 10:25 am
If the player database increases the need for servers will increase as well. But most servers will be arranged according to region.

MuseX88

Rank 4
MuseX88
PostedAug 14, 2012 12:43 am
deatheater59 wrote:
If the player database increases the need for servers will increase as well. But most servers will be arranged according to region.  

AeriaGames usually don't do region servers unless a game is immensely popular, like Grand Fantasia was.

Usually, AeriaGames will launch 1 or 2 servers from day one. All based on how much activity and positive reactions comes out of the Closed Beta stage.

There is no reason to overcrowd a server, even though its never good to spread the players too thin.

Just chillax, and let AeriaGames worry about this. They do have people employed that knows what they're doing after all Smile

$('#postSignature').hide();

Ona

Rank 5
Ona
PostedAug 17, 2012 10:13 pm
MuseX88 wrote:
Usually, AeriaGames will launch 1 or 2 servers from day one. All based on how much activity and positive reactions comes out of the Closed Beta stage.  

This is most likely. They'll probably launch one server initially so all the excitement and activity is concentrated. Additionally, given that endgame seems to be centered around PvP (sieges) it's crucial that there be enough people on each server for the PvP events. Smile

"Attitude. Humor. Action. The combination of these three elements will be the pathway to your success."

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedAug 18, 2012 6:53 am
I would like to know where the servers are gonna be located.

Are we gonna start with a North America(New York located) server and an European(Germany located) server?

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedAug 18, 2012 2:51 pm
1 server with multiple channels is a lot better than multiple servers. honestly unless there is plans of server VS server or multiple regions i dont see the point in multiple servers. it divides the player base too much other wise.

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist

Floccinauci

Rank 2
Floccinauci
PostedAug 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:

Are we gonna start with a North America(New York located) server and an European(Germany located) server?  

Judging from what I've seen with other games, my guess is that it will start out with only the NA server at first to concentrate on getting that one running before then expanding into further territories. I don't know exactly how long that would take though.

Luckily, the NA servers are stationed somewhere in the east, so the ping from europe tends to be pretty good (less than 100ms). At least that's how it was in RotT.
So either way, playing won't be much of a problem.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedAug 18, 2012 3:18 pm
Floccinauci wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:

Judging from what I've seen with other games, my guess is that it will start out with only the NA server at first to concentrate on getting that one running before then expanding into further territories. I don't know exactly how long that would take though.

Luckily, the NA servers are stationed somewhere in the east, so the ping from europe tends to be pretty good (less than 100ms). At least that's how it was in RotT.
So either way, playing won't be much of a problem.  
Whatever the location is, it has been, luckly, ever this way. What i'm worried more is the TIME of the sieges and other war features. I wont get up from bed at 2-4AM to do a siege (i'm at GMT+1 location).