pflai

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 5:34 pm   Last edited by pflai on Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Level 70 Gold or Awakened?

For both my MA and Samurai, I am thinking about getting the 70 yellow weps as they are easier to acquire and they have slightly better base stats than the awakened 65 ones. However, I do not know if that is truly better, as I do not know the fortification values as of boosts for the weapons, and I do not know if the 70 gold will have better stats when +10 or will the awakened 65 ones have better stats. Please help me with some information on these, as I cannot find any on them.
Advertisement

magnusbear

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 5:36 pm
not too sure for the cestus but the awakened katana will blow away the 70 yellow. The 20% AOE dmg just makes it totally OP, and one of the best awakwened weapons available

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedAug 08, 2012 5:43 pm
the lvl 70 yellow weapons are stat wise about the same as the awakened weapons. its the bonus that gives a difference, and for alot of weapons the bonus on the awakened is nicer then the one on 70 yellows.

Something to consider in your choise: you wont have yellow lvl 70 weapons right away with the cap (unless its pvp/fame weapons). trials will have to be implemented for the rest. So if its your main class i would say go get that awakened weapon now and you can use it all the way to lvl 70 (and higher)

zerotenshigg

Rank 0
zerotenshigg
PostedAug 08, 2012 6:18 pm
remember awakened is costly compared to a lv 70 drop, but one you won't have access to right away. As for me I'm aiming for lv 70

lildeviruchi

Rank 2
lildeviruchi
PostedAug 08, 2012 6:18 pm
For Cestus, the Awaken outbeats the level 70 Gold versions.

Lion Soul's Roar (Awaken): +150% DMG caused by Spirit Scar. Attack has 5% chance to decreased enemy's defense -20%.

Level 70 Gold (Accuracy/Crit Rate): Attack has 5% chance to increase Attack +1237 and -30% Malice.
Level 70 Gold (Attack Speed/Crit Rate): Attack has 5% chance to increase Agility +206 and Evasion +206 but reduces defense -1545.  

The same can be said about the Katana.

Extreme Illusionary Moon (Awaken): Purgatory/Asura Slash +20% DMG. Attack has 5% chance to increase Attack Speed +273 and MP Cost -92.

Level 70 Gold (Accuracy/Crit Rate): Attack has 5% chance to increase Attack +1237 and -30% Malice.
Level 70 Gold (Eva/Crit Rate): Attack has 5% chance to increase Attack Speed +309  

[ Juro - Somewhere called Sapphire - Imminent - Missing ]<br>

Dash612

Rank 4
Dash612
PostedAug 08, 2012 6:25 pm
Tbh its a toss up with the cestus, if you already got awakened its not worth going for 70 gold but if you don't have awakened I mean 150% spirit scar damage isn't amazing...

pflai

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Fortification Values

As for the katana, the stats are almost the same (looking on wiki), but what about the fortification values on the weapons? I am more interested in the total stats and crit rate than the bonuses (20% to aoes is nice katana but the damage isnt static for each hit so I could get like 5% bonus on aoe if i get lucky on a good hit, and really, 20% isnt that much considering its about 2000 max in bonus on a good hit with a critical). I am really just interested in getting my patk up in the 35000-40000 range, so does anyone know the +10 values for both katanas (I think some thread said that +10 fortifications for weapons with near same base stats could be different, idk if it is the same in this case.)

And flor the cestus, I have not yet gotten the awakened one, but it looks like it will cost some effort in getting the gold and cc and all the other stuff to get just one cestus whereas I might have an easier time farming the gold one so I can get 2

GrainsofSoil

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 7:22 pm
@pflai
I don't know what you're talking about, because 20% skill damage is a huge bonus with high attack stacks and 3.0 crit damage. Also, fortification bonuses give a % more of the base attack. If the base patk for both katanas are similar, the +10 values will be too. You read that they could be different, but that just means the numbers will be slightly different(obviously). Both katanas will get you over 40k patk when +10.

As for the cestus, don't use 2 because when you use the 4 orange cert bonus, you'll get more patk with 2 different types of weapons. The awakened cestus is worth the effort if you play MA a lot, but if you want more evasion, the eva+agil cestus is good too. For your secondary weapon I'd suggest the awakened dagger, or if you have enough evasion, the awakened rapier. The lvl 65 2x damage club could work too.

zylro

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Fortification Values

pflai wrote:
As for the katana, the stats are almost the same (looking on wiki), but what about the fortification values on the weapons? I am more interested in the total stats and crit rate than the bonuses (20% to aoes is nice katana but the damage isnt static for each hit so I could get like 5% bonus on aoe if i get lucky on a good hit, and really, 20% isnt that much considering its about 2000 max in bonus on a good hit with a critical). I am really just interested in getting my patk up in the 35000-40000 range, so does anyone know the +10 values for both katanas (I think some thread said that +10 fortifications for weapons with near same base stats could be different, idk if it is the same in this case.)

And flor the cestus, I have not yet gotten the awakened one, but it looks like it will cost some effort in getting the gold and cc and all the other stuff to get just one cestus whereas I might have an easier time farming the gold one so I can get 2  

as far as i'm aware, the 20% bonus dmg is on the BASE, so say purg/asura hits 2k, with 3.0 crit dmg this would be 6k dmg (which is really low but just for examples sake), with 20% bonus it would make the 2k to about 2.4k. with 3.0 crit dmg thats 7.2k dmg, grand total of about 1.2k more dmg per hit.

same goes for spirit scar, without the awakened cestus i hit around 6-7k crits but with 150% spirit scar, that skill alone does up to like 13-14k, which is incredibly useful with the OP healers nowadays, that spirit scar takes em down a notch.

EDIT: also forgot to mention if you want to consider the base stat bonuses, it's very minor as for the p-atk it onyl differs about 200-300.. quite insigificant, considering you can use it 5 lvls earlier