smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedAug 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Please Rate My Sigs ~

o3o
Please rate my sigs from 1 - 10 ^^ and give some tips for photoshop editing I wanna improve my work ^^'' I've only been making siggies for about 2 weeks now~
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Advertisement

aquaXpop

Rank 0
aquaXpop
PostedAug 08, 2012 6:20 am
wrong forum, BUUUUUUUUUT those r soo cute *O*

i like the 1 most o.o

i mean-- sigs should go to forum goodies e.e

... What. o3o

ABUSELV

Rank 0
ABUSELV
PostedAug 08, 2012 1:35 pm
Every good sig always has several things in it.

1) A focal point - The point to which attention is first drawn when you see the sig.
2) A light source - Usually just done with a white softbrush. A light source is very often used as a focal point.
3) Flow - A sig has to have a certain direction to it, for example it has to feel like it's going from one side to the other or one corner to the other etc.
4) Realistic depth - Have to find your own way to do that. None of yours have that at the moment. Practice putting effects in front of the render too until you get the hang of it.
5) Original, but easy to read text.

If you make sure every one of those is in your sig at a good quality, then the sig will be improved by a ton.

about ratings.. I'm going to rate them solely based on execution.

1) Won't rate that one, will just comment - never make your render completely transparent. Ever. Also, the text is done very poorly.
2) Same as above. This one has something that is like a light source though, but, it has to be in front of the render, not behind it.
3) This one I'd rank at around 6.5/10. I like what you did with the colors, and there is a minor sense of flow. The "Susemi" text is well placed.
(you want to keep texts close to the middle of the sig) Overall though, the sig is a little plain. No real depth. Would've also been nice if you'd add some more pink to the sig, since you already have it on the tail of the.. cat? It's better for a color to appear more than once, makes it more pleasing to the eye. It's also a good idea to use the eye-drop tool to pick up existing colors from your render, to use them to make effects, the background etc.
4) 7/10. Would've been 8/10 if you didn't use the render in a way that it's outside the background. That is a style that a lot of beginners love using, but you have to make sure, that whenever you do this your render has to be PERFECT. It can not be cut off anywhere (this one's leggs are cut off and the top is cut off a little too). If any part is cut off then it ruins the 3D illusion and makes it all go to waste. I really like the effects you used, it looks very good, the colors are nice too. The carmel text fits perfectly. Overall, if you'd use the render properly then this would be your best work by miles.
5) 6/10 Same faults as above, here the background is a bit plain though, and it's a little chaotic and hard to understand. The orange eyes of the render don't fit at all, and they draw a lot of attention. Should've either changed their color or added more orange to the effects/background etc. Also, the edges of the heart(and other stuff in the background too) in the background seem Low quality, Might want to either erase around the edges with a very low opacity soft brush or blur them a bit.
6) 5/10 The render is awesome(but again - chipped both at the top and bottom) but doesn't fit with the overall sig. The effects @ the background are just blinding and too hard to understand. The INoob text is very poorly placed/made. The rest of the text is not noticeable either. especially the korean one.

Overall, Your style seems to be vector-sigs. I'd suggest looking up some vector signature tutorials, they would help you a lot. Vector sigs have a bit different ground rules, about depth, flow etc. As a major plus though - you like colorful sigs and have a pretty good eye on how to mix bright colors well. Those, if done correctly make a very very good signature.
One more note - About the borders. It's a border for a reason, it has to be the topmost layer (unless if you're making a sig like 4. 5. 6.) meaning DO NOT have any effects changing the border's colors anywhere. (even if it's a 3D style like 4.,5.,6.)

Best of luck on improving =)

--Hooray for sig rotators--

smileybee

smileybee
PostedAug 08, 2012 2:04 pm
thank you for you tips but i dont like conforming to the "mainstream" forum making. the only reason why I make siggy is because im tired of the ordinary stuff i see in other shops. I want to give my signature personality like an individual that requested it.
I give my heart out in all my work. -sigh-

thank you for your opinion ^^

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>

smileybee

smileybee
PostedAug 08, 2012 2:06 pm
aquaXpop wrote:
wrong forum, BUUUUUUUUUT those r soo cute *O*

i like the 1 most o.o

i mean-- sigs should go to forum goodies e.e  

sry xDD i meant to put it there but i accidently put it in here q~q and too lazy to change it...

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>

ABUSELV

Rank 0
ABUSELV
PostedAug 08, 2012 3:12 pm
smileybee wrote:
thank you for you tips but i dont like conforming to the "mainstream" forum making. the only reason why I make siggy is because im tired of the ordinary stuff i see in other shops. I want to give my signature personality like an individual that requested it.
I give my heart out in all my work. -sigh-

thank you for your opinion ^^

those are just the basics, when you master those, that's when you put in your heart and whatever else you want into them. It's not mainstream, it's the best way to do it. Anyways, you wanted tips to help you improve, I gave them to you, what you do from here on is your choice. If when you get them you say you don't want them, then I don't understand what this thread is for.

smileybee

smileybee
PostedAug 08, 2012 3:35 pm
i didnt mean to offend you =.= i just want tips on how to improve... not what....

im sorry..

note the fact that you doesnt really give any tips (as in how to) all you did was trash my way of making siggy....
~all so most of the stuff are not render... i have to cut them myself. ~

ABUSELV

Rank 0
ABUSELV
PostedAug 08, 2012 4:34 pm
it's not trashing, it's criticism. constructive criticism even. every sig maker has been where you are. when they just started making sigs, and they ask for "tips to improve/opinions/criticism" when all they really want to hear is praise on how great they are, instead of actual criticism.
Guess it's a bit too early for you then.
Also, if you don't see tips on how to improve, inside my post, then you should read it again, I've mentioned plenty of ways. Though to be honest, if you make a statement like that then I'm sure you just looked at the ratings without even reading a word that has been said.
and about renders - once you cut it out, it becomes a render. A render is whatever you're working with when you start making the sig.
Anyways, this will be my last post here, best of luck.