oldmane

Rank 0
PostedAug 04, 2012 6:10 am

Nimbus Crystal (GM Staff response requested)

Encouraging sharing of Nimbus Crystal experience in Champion's Bluff
It takes a lot of effort for a guild to buy a Nimbus Crystal (like a torch but with no limits to the number of participants). The world announcement encourages everyone to show up in Champion's Bluff to share in the experience. It is my understaning that members of the guild spawning the Nimbus Crystal (NC) who tended guild crops, etc to earn the guild funds for the NC feel that non-guild members should not benefit from the NC because they did not contribute. This has lead to people responding to the world announcement being killed on sight without any opportunity to defend themselves (due to the special debuff in Champion's Bluff)

I would like to incent NC spawning guilds to share by providing them with a token (~20g value) gift each time they share a NC with the server. The spawning guild would be free to distribute the gift as they see fit. I chatted with an experienced player and they indicated this is against the rules because it offers a guild an unfair advantage. It seems to me that 20g v. Nimbus Crystal experience for everyone who shows up is a proposition that benefits all guilds on the server.

GM Staff: Please respond to this post at your convenience to indicate if my idea is acceptable from a TOS, server rules, etc perspective. Thank you.
Advertisement

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedAug 04, 2012 8:34 am
That highly depends on your personal view. On server 3, the NC has been shared with the entire server before and if our guild ever becomes top, every single NC will be shared with the server. I really don't see the point of being selfish with it. Razz It does benefit the entire community as a whole.

Anyway, I don't see a point of a gift for the guild for sharing the NC since it's technically meant to be shared anyway. It's really up to the guild's discretion whether they want to kill everyone that comes in or share it. As far as the spawning guild getting a gift for spawning the NC, the gift is already a huge amount of experience.

However, if you want to make pacts with other guilds and make them pay, it's really up to you and that's not against ToS. People pay for torches, it's pretty much the same thing. :3 But be warned, both of these situations can be tricky.

As far as the server announcement. I'm sure that could be made guild-only to fix that problem.

oldmane

Rank 0
PostedAug 04, 2012 12:14 pm
Sai5sai wrote:
if our guild ever becomes top, every single NC will be shared with the server. I really don't see the point of being selfish with it. Razz It does benefit the entire community as a whole.  

It sounds like you have a very nice guild. I wish it luck.

TheTrueFenix

Rank 0
TheTrueFenix
PostedAug 05, 2012 5:01 pm
I have posted in the suggestion thread here,http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=13211395#13211395 that the world wide NC server message be changed to a guild only server message. Simply because unlike s3, s1 does not share your same views on sharing the NC. The suggestion to date has not been heard however, it is likely the message will remain server wide despite the message being used to lure unexpecting players into immediate pk's.

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedAug 05, 2012 5:12 pm
TheTrueFenix wrote:
I have posted in the suggestion thread here,http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=13211395#13211395 that the world wide NC server message be changed to a guild only server message. Simply because unlike s3, s1 does not share your same views on sharing the NC. The suggestion to date has not been heard however, it is likely the message will remain server wide despite the message being used to lure unexpecting players into immediate pk's.  

It's been brought to the attention to the GMs and I agree with you. At the very least their should be a option not to broadcast.