Katabug66

Rank 0
Katabug66
PostedAug 01, 2012 2:32 am

Is There Open World PVP In This Game?

I'm a former player of Aion Online and that game has turned me off 'Open World PVP' for life!

So I'm just wondering how the PvP works in Dragon Knights. From what I've read, it looks like it's confined to just castle sieges (which is great!).

But I'm still unsure, is PVP in Dragon Knights strictly consensual? Or do players have to contend with idiot griefers running around PKing whoever they please?
Advertisement

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedAug 01, 2012 5:53 am
very curious about this as well. I am not a open world pk pvper but rather a separate battlegrounds pvper. If this is only a guild set up for pvping then that may be a deal breaker for me.

ElateChris7

Rank 1
ElateChris7
PostedAug 01, 2012 6:02 am
Ya I have been wondering this my self. If it is open PvP I hope they have non PvP servers for players who prefer a PvE game but like PvP on the side. I dont know if you guys have ever played LastChaos but if it was set up similar to that with non PvP servers, Castle Sieges and that whole package the game would be awesome.

Anyways all we can do is hope for the best.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedAug 01, 2012 6:10 am
Yeah, I think different servers for people who prefer PvE and PvP would be nice. Although, if I am correct with Aeria's track record, they are very good with making PvE people happy! Very Happy

Katabug66

Rank 0
Katabug66
PostedAug 01, 2012 8:51 am

very curious about this as well. I am not a open world pk pvper but rather a separate battlegrounds pvper. If this is only a guild set up for pvping then that may be a deal breaker for me.  

I feel the same way. I don't like the idea of being forced to join a Guild just so I can participate in PvP. Hopefully they'll let 'Independent' players pick a side and help out in sieges, without having to be in a Guild.

nowisforever

Rank 0
nowisforever
PostedAug 01, 2012 9:45 am
Safety zone (PK disabled area)
Common areas (PK Available, forced pk on/off)
Conflict areas (areas without penalty)
Siege areas (penalty/non-penalty based on area)

Katabug66

Rank 0
Katabug66
PostedAug 02, 2012 1:23 am
Aha! Thanks for that reply nowisforever Smile

So let's see if I've got this right:

Safety zone (Just as it says, no PK possible).

Common area (Toggle PK on or off? Can you still be attacked if you have PK off?)

Conflict area (Gankfest! Are you forced to go to these areas to complete quests and so forth?)

Siege area (Proper PVP between teams of players fighting over an objective)

Is this right?

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedAug 02, 2012 2:12 am
From one of the PK videos posted in another thread, forced PvP is similar to what I've seen in other games where when you force PK someone, you get the rewards of part of their loot. The downside however is that your name changes different colors based off the offense.

In the video posted, the player PK'd a bot and their named turned red.

My assumptions:
1. Safety Zone = towns/hubs. Safely deposit loot, AFK in peace, etc.
2. Common Areas = you can force PK someone and take part of their loot, but there is not enough information posted to know whether it's just loot, or if it's equipment as well. We also don't know the drawbacks of the "red name". In one of the other games I played with a similar fashion, if you force PK too much, your name would upgrade to black and on death you lose everything in your bag and equipment. I definitely foresee something similar in place.
3. Conflict Areas = Gankfest is right. STV for those who played WoW. No Force PK downside means fire at will. But expect retaliation if you PK the wrong person.
4. Siege is like a town battle. More information here:
http://dragonknights.aeriagames.com/guide/siege

blastoisee

Rank 0
PostedAug 13, 2012 1:50 am

agreement

hate pvp when its no choice involved
dream of mirror online had a pvp system that was good. you could get challenged and hit yes or no, AND there was an arena where you could participate in like 10 different death matches, what more could a pvp game need.....besides people....which you wont have if you let lvl 100's kill lvl 1's.

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedAug 13, 2012 6:29 am

Re: agreement

hate pvp when its no choice involved
blastoisee wrote:
dream of mirror online had a pvp system that was good. you could get challenged and hit yes or no, AND there was an arena where you could participate in like 10 different death matches, what more could a pvp game need.....besides people....which you wont have if you let lvl 100's kill lvl 1's.  

agreed 100%, if there is not some kind of protection or a lvl limit for PKing, then there is no way i would ever play this game.

all it takes is some no lifer to level up quickly then start pking people to force them to log or quit. Seen this happen to many times.