Reposting my cleaned-up original post:
We are investigating this issue. For now, we have found some fixes that will work for some of you. As for the rest, we're still looking into it. If you have not already done this, do it to see if it works for you.
First Potential Solution
1. Delete the GAMEGUARD
at this path:
(If you changed the default installation path:) [your installation path]\Binaries\GameGuard
2. Start up the game.
3. If you still get an error, move on...
Second Potential Solution
1. Read GameGuard's own FAQ and try out their solutions:
Third Potential Solution
NOTE: This is a player submission. If you are paranoid about downloading files, proceed at your own risk! I simply cannot verify for myself, due to internal policy that blocks staff from external links such as these. However, some users report it to work. Credit to CyberRion and heikkiwuut for this! Original thread: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1624611
1. Replace your GameGuard folder with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ke91od664gsk12
Still No Solution?
If you are still getting the error "Failed to update GameGuard", please do the following:
1. Go to Start
2. Type: cmd
3. Enter and type: ping nprotect.patch.aeriagames.com | clip
4. Enter. This will auto-Copy the ping results.
6. Begin a New Reply or new support ticket at http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support
5. Provide the country you are connecting from, your Operating System and if it is 32 or 64bit, then simply Paste (CTRL+V) to add the ping results.