Stelawrat

Rank 4
Stelawrat
PostedJul 31, 2012 5:04 pm
This is just a small selection of games, that run the gamut from quite old to brand new, from f2p to p2p, from indie developers - publishers to big house names. While they've experienced varying degrees of success, most are still more than viable, with old & new players still regularly logging in.

One of the features, which they all have in common, is that some or all of their character classes are gender locked.

Aika
Continent of the Ninth (C9)
Dark Blood Online
Dekaron (2Moons)
Dragon Nest
Dragona
Last Chaos
Pandora Saga
Path of Exile
Runes of Magic (RoM)
Rosh Online (Karos)
Seven Souls Online (Martial Empires)
Soul of the Ultimate Nation
Talisman Online
Tera
Vindictus
Warhammer Online

If Dragon Knights has anywhere near the success of some of these games, then it will have a steady & loyal player base of both genders, playing all available characters or as many as the game will allow, for a good long while.
Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedAug 01, 2012 1:45 pm
meh as always with games that have gender locking ill be saying "bye-di-bye" if its released like this
till then ill cross my fingers and hope

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedAug 01, 2012 3:52 pm
rinsha wrote:
meh as always with games that have gender locking ill be saying "bye-di-bye" if its released like this

Hope for what? The developers catering to the wishes of you and what, 4 or 5 other people?

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedAug 02, 2012 5:07 am
Picchuu wrote:
rinsha wrote:

Hope for what? The developers catering to the wishes of you and what, 4 or 5 other people?  

no silly, hope that theres enough people to make the developers consider changing it
or the very small chance they may just consider changing it anyway ^_^"

besides i dont think people would mind too much if they did change it but hey i could be wrong

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedAug 02, 2012 5:33 am
rinsha wrote:
Picchuu wrote:
rinsha wrote:

no silly, hope that theres enough people to make the developers consider changing it
or the very small chance they may just consider changing it anyway ^_^"

besides i dont think people would mind too much if they did change it but hey i could be wrong  

Nobody'd mind it if it was changed, unless there's some weird person that REALLY likes gender lock. But still, if it wasn't changed in Korea, it's not going to change here. Aeria has nowhere near that amount of influence.

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedAug 02, 2012 5:51 am
sad to be gender locked yes but even more sad to me is that each race only had 2 classes to choose from. Warrior and ect. Thats the worst part in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=wukmBCKNdeM

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedAug 02, 2012 11:54 am
Eniskuo wrote:
sad to be gender locked yes but even more sad to me is that each race only had 2 classes to choose from. Warrior and ect. Thats the worst part in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=wukmBCKNdeM  

Yea, I never minded gender locks in games.. but I hate race restriction. I might only prefer a certain race graphic over all others, but can only play them with certain races makes me a sad panda.