Author Message

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
Joined
26 May 2008
Posts
2153
Location
london United Kingdom
PostedJul 29, 2012 7:02 pm

-sniff sniff- do i smell gender locking?

so ye title says it all
from what ive seen looks like races are gender locked
so whats the deal?
gender locked or not?
what do u think?

Advertisement

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
Joined
04 Apr 2011
Posts
815
Location
United States
PostedJul 29, 2012 7:42 pm
Yes, the races are gender-locked. They also can only be two classes:

Human: Warrior and Paladin
Elf: Sorceress and Warrior
Felynx: Warlock and Warrior
Lycan: Paladin and Warrior

And the new race, Diel: Archer and Warrior

I personally don't see it as a bad thing, especially since this is a PvP heavy game, and less different types of models there are, the smoother everything is.

robertgriffin10

Rank 2
robertgriffin10
Joined
24 Mar 2012
Posts
488
Location
West Chester United States
PostedJul 29, 2012 11:29 pm
yes the game is gender lock, that is the only problem i have with it so far.

boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
Joined
11 Apr 2009
Posts
2893
Location
United States
PostedJul 30, 2012 9:46 am
ouch, usually most critiques say that gender locks were in place for a reason or it shows that the devs dont care on customization.

FRaYKevlar

Rank 2
FRaYKevlar
Joined
28 Oct 2007
Posts
540
Location
Hamilton, ON Canada
PostedJul 30, 2012 9:46 am
Don't forget, Aeria "may" have that changed...anything is possible Very Happy

robertgriffin10

Rank 2
robertgriffin10
Joined
24 Mar 2012
Posts
488
Location
West Chester United States
PostedJul 30, 2012 10:01 am
FRaYKevlar wrote:
Don't forget, Aeria "may" have that changed...anything is possible Very Happy  


I doubt that, the only reason they changed gender lock in waren story because the korean version had done it after the game came out. If they do I'd be happy but I don't see it happening.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
Joined
04 Apr 2011
Posts
815
Location
United States
PostedJul 30, 2012 10:03 am
robertgriffin10 wrote:
FRaYKevlar wrote:
Don't forget, Aeria "may" have that changed...anything is possible Very Happy  


I doubt that, the only reason they changed gender lock in waren story because the korean version had done it after the game came out. If they do I'd be happy but I don't see it happening.  


Yeah, I agree. Almost no publisher has that amount of influence, and Waren's was just the result of the developers changing it for the original version.

I make no Rupaulogies.

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
Joined
19 Aug 2007
Posts
12290
Location
Virginia United States
PostedJul 30, 2012 11:50 am
Picchuu wrote:
Yes, the races are gender-locked. They also can only be two classes:

Human: Warrior and Paladin
Elf: Sorceress and Warrior
Felynx: Warlock and Warrior
Lycan: Paladin and Warrior

And the new race, Diel: Archer and Warrior

I personally don't see it as a bad thing, especially since this is a PvP heavy game, and less different types of models there are, the smoother everything is.  


Every race can be a warrior and 1 other different class? Something seems a bit odd with that. No me gusta.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
Joined
04 Apr 2011
Posts
815
Location
United States
PostedJul 30, 2012 12:00 pm
blackdeath101 wrote:
Picchuu wrote:
Yes, the races are gender-locked. They also can only be two classes:

Human: Warrior and Paladin
Elf: Sorceress and Warrior
Felynx: Warlock and Warrior
Lycan: Paladin and Warrior

And the new race, Diel: Archer and Warrior

I personally don't see it as a bad thing, especially since this is a PvP heavy game, and less different types of models there are, the smoother everything is.  


Every race can be a warrior and 1 other different class? Something seems a bit odd with that. No me gusta.  


I think it might have something to do with the lore. I can't translate though, unfortunately, since almost all the info is pictures, and not just typed there.

I make no Rupaulogies.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
Joined
06 Apr 2007
Posts
3801
Location
Bowmanville Canada
PostedJul 31, 2012 12:15 pm
Warrior seems to be the major class with a lot of features being class locked (e.g guilds)
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: