Dystopial

Rank 0
Dystopial
PostedJul 27, 2012 4:31 am   Last edited by Dystopial on Jul 27, 2012 7:11 am. Edited 1 time in total

This misses the community

Constructive post about things which would make the game better
Sup guys.

I've been playing CS:GO's beta for a while and I really wanted to make this thread to understand what is missing to AvA in order to be more attractive IMO.
I'm not even trying to compare CS and AvA, there is no need to do it, but I will have a look at the possibilities given to the communities.

Well, I've to say that the major problem of AvA is that his community is really dependent of the game distributor : yesterday ijji (really ? didn't notice it before), today Aeria.
Indeed, what can AvA's community do to make that game more attractive ? It's limited to the organisation of some tournaments and the making of videos. Nothing more.
In CS it seems like the community build the game along with the developers (yeah developers, never heard that in AvA before given that they're based in Korea) : (examples)
- CS:GO is still in beta and on Steam's official forum there is like 9000 threads and 145000 posts concerning feedbacks / advices / bugs reports ; what's surprising ? devs are listening to the community and reading these threads (I'm not saying they just read 9000 threads neither ...) to improve their incoming game.
- The community is able to make their own maps, theirs own modes ; I've always been impressed by the unlimited possibilities given to the community. Yesterday I randomly found a server with a custom map and I really was able to say : "This misses AvA". Well I've played on thousand of community made maps but I have to say that this one impressed me a lot and that it is THE example of the unlimited possibilities given to the players (here is on overview of this amazing map btw : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FRkAat9ROA).

Moreover, I was talking of AvA players' dependence to the distributor, and I have to add the fact we can not even have great servers : we're thousands on the same one with crap quality ... C'mon, seriously, and the pings are just fake ! 100 ping in CW server ? Lmao, I've got 140 at least on ESEA ones in CS (east coast of the US - which means a great quality) ...
To end on this point, I would say that we can not do anything to configure the servers on AvA ; well, I've played on a German server in CS:GO few days ago and the admin could do whatever he wants on his server : for example, if you've been teamkilled, you're able to "punish" your teammate by drugging him and even burning him : it adds a lot of fun.

Another thing which is missing but I will not develop this point : the console ; there is just no console on AvA despite it's a really useful tool ...

That's pretty it. We should have more liberties/possibilities on AvA.
I'm not naive : I know there will never be an SDK for AvA or privates servers, but I wanted to show off things which could make AvA better.

Waiting to see your opinions 'bout all of this.

(I'm not a native English so excuse my grammar)
Advertisement

GoldShovel

Rank 0
GoldShovel
PostedJul 27, 2012 4:40 am
wut it needs is updates of the new freakin maps and dam weapons man.

<A></A>You Love Gold? Reward Me With Karma then :3

Limousines

Rank 3
PostedJul 27, 2012 4:41 am
All these ideas are good, just don't know why, but it doesn't seem like it'll work in AVA though.

Androgynous

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedJul 27, 2012 5:26 am
Limousines wrote:
All these ideas are good, just don't know why, but it doesn't seem like it'll work in AVA though.  

Well I think its because AVA is a constantly updated MMO whereas CS is a game you buy.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

Dystopial

Rank 0
Dystopial
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:21 am
Limousines wrote:

I think that adding the console with multiple functions would not change the game itself, it would be something more, something really useful.

I didn't mention the IGame recorder which is **** great : 40mins recorded = 50Mo ; I do not even want to imagine the weight of a 40mins match frapsed ...
And moreover, you can absolutely do everything with your recorded file : you can move everywhere into the map while playing it (great to make some slowmotion of a player being HS and falling ...), you can choose the FPS you want (it's possible to set 240 frames per seconds, or 1000, as you wish), you do not even lag/ram while recording ...

There are things which need to be applied to AvA.

JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:25 am
You can't compare Valve to ijji/Aeria.

Dystopial

Rank 0
Dystopial
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:29 am
JayAreEmCee wrote:

That's not what I'm doing.
I try to find things which could be applied to AvA to make it smarter, things which could involve the community to the game.
We are not bots, we are players and we have ideas distributors should listen to.

JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:31 am
Dystopial wrote:
JayAreEmCee wrote:

That's not what I'm doing.
I try to find things which could be applied to AvA to make it smarter, things which could involve the community to the game.
We are not bots, we are players and we have ideas distributors should listen to.  

Yeah but in order for Aeria to implement our ideas, they have to talk to Redduck and it doesn't always gets approved.
But Valve is the owner of CS:GO. They can do whatever they want. They need no permission from any one. If they find that the community really wants it, they go ahead and change it.

Dystopial

Rank 0
Dystopial
PostedJul 27, 2012 8:31 am
JayAreEmCee wrote:
Yeah but in order for Aeria to implement our ideas, they have to talk to Redduck and it doesn't always gets approved.  

That's the problem. Players can't be directly in touch with the devs.
It would be better to speak to the devs from our own "voices", not through the distributors' ones.

mrstomper

Rank 1
PostedJul 27, 2012 9:28 am
bro its not gonna happen, you thought ijji wanted your money, aeria will rob you blind then delete your account for lolz

they are not gonna walk hand in hand with players and support whatever ideas we have, valve is going to be making money off csgo regardless, ava's gotta earn that doller cause its f2p, so they are gonna focus on what makes money over all else

so whatever little stupid skins and crap ap 'events' will be designed with making your pocket less heavier

i love cs for all the map variation it offers, so many great maps out there, ava its just so dead tired