41ste

Rank 2
41ste
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Marijuana

and your opinions (DISCUSSION THREAD)
Disclaimer (for GMs): This is not a political discussion (because that's not allowed here, per forum rules), this is a moral discussion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting high is not as harmful to yourself or others around you as either: A) smoking a cigarette or B) getting drunk.

I do not believe that getting high is a problem, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT NEGATIVELY IMPACT YOUR LIFE(style).

In case you did not know, my parents are extremely conservative 7th Day Adventist people, who view ANYTHING like drinking or smoking as stupid and evil.

There is nothing wrong with marijuana (not talking breaking laws here, since it's obv illegal).

Insert your opinion here.
Advertisement

Phatty2phat

Rank 1
Phatty2phat
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Marijuana

and your opinions (DISCUSSION THREAD)
41ste wrote:
Disclaimer (for GMs): This is not a political discussion (because that's not allowed here, per forum rules), this is a moral discussion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting high is not as harmful to yourself or others around you as either: A) smoking a cigarette or B) getting drunk.

I do not believe that getting high is a problem, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT NEGATIVELY IMPACT YOUR LIFE(style).

In case you did not know, my parents are extremely conservative ********* people, who view ANYTHING like drinking or smoking as stupid and evil.

There is nothing wrong with marijuana (not talking breaking laws here, since it's obv illegal).

Insert your opinion here.  

It's fun, I enjoy the occasional toke with friends.

Edit: Was kind of a pothead in High School but once I got to College I stopped smoking so much.

imedaduty

Rank 2
imedaduty
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:43 pm
What's marijuana?

garfberg

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:45 pm
Here are my thoughts on this topic on the health aspect of MJ

1. It is much healthier than alcohol.
reasons why:
a) MJ does not cause inability to control one's behaviors
b) MJ does not cause harm to your liver, nor its functions
c) MJ does not leave you without a memory of what you've done the night before
d) MJ is not fatal in large quantities like alcohol and even some OTC drugs.

2. MUCH healthier than cigarettes
reasons why:
a) it's natural, no carcinogens or other deadly toxins are use when distributing
b) is not linked to causing cancer (of course dependent on the medium you use to smoke, ie papers, blunts, etc) A study by Dr. Donald Tashkin, and i believe multiple studies at UCLA has proven that it MJ does NOT cause cancer. WebMD also back these claims.
c) doesn't stain your teeth/fingers
d) doesn't cause acne
e) doesn't cause irregular bowel movements.

I've been smoking MJ for about 7 years of my life now and i don't feel the need to stop or alter my smoking habits as i am in full control of how much i smoke and how often. Unlike people who smoke cigarettes that urge to smoke another cancer stick and unlike alcoholics who can't go a day without the sauce.

I mostly use it to mellow out after a long day at work and to ease my neck/back pains.

I'm not condoning the use of the panacea.

KangaruV2

Rank 1
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:48 pm
it's not harmful, THE FDA HAS PROVEN IT ISN'T HARMFUL, and 70% of Americans support its legalization

but who cares? drugs are bad, mmkay?

garfberg

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:48 pm
Oh California has recently imposed a state wide ban on dispensaries.

IIRC, there is going to be roughly 700 or more dispensaries shutting down within the next 30 days.

imedaduty

Rank 2
imedaduty
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:50 pm
I could really care less about it. Just makes me sleepy. But I do think that it should be used instead of the dangerous and addictive drugs they give you for pain.

marijuana > Prescription pain killers

xXEMOXxLUVXx

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:52 pm
**** pain killers makes me sick nearly died before they don't work, for me anyway
i choose cannabis any day.

gomtang

Rank 0
gomtang
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:56 pm
pain killers cause liver failure as well...

and they cause heart problems too.

hemp is natural and has many benefits not just in the smoking aspect but hemp is a pretty durable material when it comes down to clothing, totes, even shoes (minus the rubber).

you could even use hemp to make paper.

xXEMOXxLUVXx

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2012 5:57 pm
lol at this pic