blademasterzen1

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2012 10:25 am

Class

What class is best.
Ok, so everyone know the classes are: Knight, Rouge, preist, Ranger, and Mage. People think that the rouge is weak and boring. The rouge is good if you know how to use it, if not, you WILL be terrible. If you take Dragedo for a mentor, you'll be good. Now, Mages (Like LightLord) have yet to be called anything, Weak or strong. They are strong though, again, IF you are good with them.

The knight (Tank) i think is the best class. If you use the pattern END+2 STR+1, you'll be in good shape. They are the attackers and destroyers.

The preist (Healer) is actualy very hard to play. If you don't have bless heal for your whole party, it's insanely hard to heal 2-4 people at a time. Then you have to ALWAYS have alot of mana potions. There's IS one thing however, i don't think is fair. How much damage it has, and its skills. If you use blood beam, it's about 2x as strong as regular attack, and recharges as fast. I have a lvl 34 preist, it can do up to 1.2k damage already, that's not fair.

The ranger, i'll admit, never had much experience with it, so i can't say anything good or bad. All i know, is that 2 of the strongest people on server 1 are rangers.

It all comes down to your skills and fighting style. Pick your favorite class and pick the best points and skills to do, and you'll be set.
Advertisement

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedJul 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Class

What class is best.
First off, nice summary about classes. I think it's nice that we finally have something about classes on the forums, even if it's just a small step.

Secondly....

blademasterzen1 wrote:

The preist (Healer) is actualy very hard to play. If you don't have bless heal for your whole party, it's insanely hard to heal 2-4 people at a time. Then you have to ALWAYS have alot of mana potions. There's IS one thing however, i don't think is fair. How much damage it has, and its skills. If you use blood beam, it's about 2x as strong as regular attack, and recharges as fast. I have a lvl 34 preist, it can do up to 1.2k damage already, that's not fair.

Mana problem solved: Level 50 skill for priest = 10% of max HP and MP healed every 10 seconds.
If you have a high amount of max MP then you don't even need mana pots. Also, you can use Saint's Blessing without it draining your MP (Saint's blessing = 30% healing increase at level 5).

Damage problem solved: Actually, in two ways. ;P

1.) Get a frag weapon. This is completely and entirely obtainable even for non-AP spenders since all items are dropped in game. Frag weapon alone gives massive amount of healing and magic attack.

-If you can't or simply don't want to get frag weapon, then the next best option is to get Savage / Slayer weapon (obtained from General Kahn in Starglade). While this weapon does offer incredible boosts at higher levels, it doesn't match the frag weapon sadly.

-Additionally, AP spenders can get a Crystal Enhanced weapon for 200 crystals. While it's definitely not the best weapon in the game, it's way better then any weapon you'll find for early levels.

2.) Work on your soul. This is the best way to permanently increase any stat you want. For priests that want to solo, increasing your brilliance soul (beginning at level 40) is the best way to get damage fast.
I've made a soul development guide which can be found here for those that are interested. It also features every soul in details and what stats you can get from each one.

I'm personally a pure Holy priest and I can solo runs just by using what i listed above.

On a side note. Healing is hard to get used to for some people but I fine it pretty easy. You can click on their icon in the party list to quickly select someone individually and for most cases, you really only need to focus on the tank while AoE(mass) healing the party. I've played other games where buffs ONLY last 30 seconds and u have to focus on everyone in party instead of just the tank. This game is simple compared to that.

Anyway, I don't know a lot about any build other than priest but hope this helps. Smile

blademasterzen1

Rank 0
PostedJul 29, 2012 6:03 am

Preist

Damage
Well, what i meant, was that preists do to much damage. Their magic attack goes way up using int, so you do alot of damage. However, my main is a knight, so i have only recently played anyother class,I have yet to play ranger still. Though, i do just hate it when preists won't do vault or BC or anything unless they get the items they want.

And healing isn't the easiest thing ever, you have to focus if you don't know how to do AFK auto healing (Go to AFK mode, check OFF all the monsters, load up the healing spells you want, click on your tank, and enable AFK mode.)I mean, i find it easy to heal, but not everyone is up for it.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 29, 2012 7:05 am

Re: Preist

Damage
blademasterzen1 wrote:
Well, what i meant, was that preists do to much damage. Their magic attack goes way up using int, so you do alot of damage. However, my main is a knight, so i have only recently played anyother class,I have yet to play ranger still. Though, i do just hate it when preists won't do vault or BC or anything unless they get the items they want.

Yeah, priests can do a lot of damage but takes a lot of time too to get to that point. As far as priests getting what they want, that's just a personal thing and up to the party. Personally when I duo or party, I split the drops. If it's just a duo, then we usually do it by the first person getting EVERYTHING in run one, and the second person gets everything in run 2 and so on. That way it's fair.

blademasterzen1 wrote:
And healing isn't the easiest thing ever, you have to focus if you don't know how to do AFK auto healing (Go to AFK mode, check OFF all the monsters, load up the healing spells you want, click on your tank, and enable AFK mode.)I mean, i find it easy to heal, but not everyone is up for it.  

Yup Razz not everyone is ready or used to healing but I'm pretty sure there's a class that everyone isn't used to or simply don't like. I personally don't like the archer build but I also realize the huge potential it has. =x

blademasterzen1

Rank 0
PostedJul 29, 2012 10:41 am

Ranger

Ranger
Eh, i've never liked the ranger, i mean, i tried it ONCE and just.....ugh. My favorite to play are Knight (tank) and Preist (healer). I like the rouge, just, i don't LOVE the skills. They're a little weird, and then the turning invisible XD man, that is just SO unfair!
But, the one thing i never got, is how every other class besides the knight, starts out strong. It's like, the knight is pretty weak at first, and then it's like they're on steroids XD

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 29, 2012 10:51 am
Yup yup. Smile

I really don't know the damage modifiers in this game but some classes have high damage modifiers to begin with. In most games, mages are OP to begin with but other classes do catch up.

Knights are made to be tanks and are about.... 2:1 defense to attack, so I can understand the weakness there. Also priests are about the same. They're healing based and never really get strong unless you aim to be that way.

Mages, rogues, and archers on the other hand are purely offense builds for the most part. Very Happy so I can see why they're so much stronger to begin with.

Main reason I like priests is because of their ability to be extremely overpowered later in the game mainly because they can buff themselves and do massive heals to themselves as well.

Knights can be the same way though. ;D Along with a super high defense, they can also pack a good blow. Woot.

blademasterzen1

Rank 0
PostedJul 29, 2012 6:56 pm

GS

GS
Wow, i JUST noticed you're a GS. I feel like such an idiot. But, i was wanting to know how knew so much about the classes. But, yeah, at the beggining, practically every other class can beat knight Sad
But then, after lvl 30, knights get insanely stronger, IF they have the right items.
I hate it when people complain they're weak, i'm sitting there going, "Dude, that's because you have all white items, you need blue, green, or purple."
And for pets, i've never had a Fire lord, or angel, or demon XD Just my good ol' clan warrior.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: GS

GS
blademasterzen1 wrote:
Wow, i JUST noticed you're a GS. I feel like such an idiot. But, i was wanting to know how knew so much about the classes. But, yeah, at the beggining, practically every other class can beat knight Sad
But then, after lvl 30, knights get insanely stronger, IF they have the right items.
I hate it when people complain they're weak, i'm sitting there going, "Dude, that's because you have all white items, you need blue, green, or purple."
And for pets, i've never had a Fire lord, or angel, or demon XD Just my good ol' clan warrior.  

Lolz. Yeah, I'm a GS but I'm a normal players like you too. Just learned from experience. ;o

Anyway, color of the gear does matter to an extent, but not always. Green Savage gear is usually better then most drops you'll find. If you're talking about drops explicitly, then yeah, color matters more.
And savage gear is a good set to get if you're indecisive about what to get since it's an extremely good overall set. Very Happy Plus you can upgrade them. If you don't know where to get it, then you get it from General Kahn in Starglade.
Some players like to go pure savage/slayer (slayer u can upgrade from savage), others like to mix savage/slayer with epic sets.

About pets... they can be amazing but I usually don't personally go out of my way to get one. I've had both angel and demon but got them both drom Dragon Hunt alone. I want a god pet but it's not at the top of my priority list atm.

blademasterzen1

Rank 0
PostedJul 30, 2012 12:35 am

Picture

How to get one
Hey, how did you get that picture under you? the one with the fox and says you're a GS. I REALLY want to get one! It looks cool!

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 30, 2012 9:08 am

Re: Picture

How to get one
blademasterzen1 wrote:
Hey, how did you get that picture under you? the one with the fox and says you're a GS. I REALLY want to get one! It looks cool!  

That's call your signature. To edit it, just go to your profile, click "edit" and add one. You'll see it.

Signatures can be 700x200 pixels at max. That includes images and text.