JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 25, 2012 4:03 am   Last edited by JayAreEmCee on Jul 25, 2012 4:18 am. Edited 2 times in total

Urgent update needed

I don't want to rush Aeria but it has been too long. For about, like, 4 months we did not have a proper update. The game was and is filled with warping/teleporting players, unregistration issues, horrible tag/tank rate and worst of all, a random really high ping increase in most of these players.
You took 4 months for the merge, which I don't blame you, but I've seen quicker merges with another companies and I think the update to the game guard should've been done AFTER the merge because I still see players complaining and hackers going around and the abuse of software/hardware macros needs to be stopped. The game was designed like this, it should not be modified in any way.
Also, the beta which Aeria planned was terribly short. I know most of you were anxious to start playing again but it's the same. The beta only lasted, like what, 2 days? What will they fix on a 2 day lasting beta? I don't know but I have two ideas floating in my head right now.
Either the beta should have been extended, which probably would do nothing or they should've focused on working for fixes before finally merging every thing.
Anyhow, I feel like the servers are still quite crappy. There's a still a relative high amount of hit registration delay and most of these warping/teleporting issues come from the server itself. People complain with about a bunch of errors, right now and one of my friends is being affected by the Steam issue. It's one of the things that should be addressed as quickly as possible, otherwise you'll just start losing more players. Don't be like ijji, which only released scheduled updates, which came all buggy and problematic and then we'd have to wait another month to get the next update.
Not to mention, Aeria has released weapons exactly like the original ones, which are paid with real money, on the first day of the actual merge. That sounds really greedy, although I haven't seen many around but I've seen enough. I like the skins, to be honest, but what? A few euros for one virtually painted gun with the same stats? And which is from America's 4th of July? Please, Aeria, this ain't one of your games and don't turn it like one.
Just release an update as quickly as possible, not even if it only fixes the most urgent problems.
Advertisement

paleale1

Rank 1
PostedJul 25, 2012 4:13 am
Paragraphs are needed in your post. It's so hard to read.

JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 25, 2012 6:03 am
Here are a couple of issues, which are either old or new, that I've found today.

Enemies spawning on our base. (Check the radar)

Player pings going past the limit.

Hemihrc

Rank 0
Hemihrc
PostedJul 25, 2012 6:07 am
Really agreed, they could update the game due the merge to people download a new game with more content and fixes, not the same game as ijji already had.

But once again, i guess we can't expect an update soon.

AznMaggot

Rank 4
AznMaggot
PostedJul 25, 2012 6:49 am
JayAreEmCee wrote:
Here are a couple of issues, which are either old or new, that I've found today.

Enemies spawning on our base. (Check the radar)

Player pings going past the limit.

Enemies spawning at your base is a known bug.
Players ping going past the limit? There is no ping limit in game(even in rooms with ping limit)

KillaLurusk

Rank 0
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:01 am
funny thing is.. im from germany, i kill akamai netsession sht every time i start AvA and still my ping is 30 in one room and in the next one its 250. (european server)
how can i have a 250 ping when the servers are like 300km next to me?
ISP is all fine and yea...

JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:05 am
AznMaggot wrote:
Enemies spawning at your base is a known bug.
Players ping going past the limit? There is no ping limit in game(even in rooms with ping limit)  

I know and I know. I said 'past the limit' as in way over the normal usual pings or something.

AznMaggot

Rank 4
AznMaggot
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:08 am
KillaLurusk wrote:
funny thing is.. im from germany, i kill akamai netsession sht every time i start AvA and still my ping is 30 in one room and in the next one its 250. (european server)

I don't kill Akamai.. and haz ~1 ping in EU server and ~100 ping in US server :3

JayAreEmCee

Rank 2
JayAreEmCee
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:11 am
AznMaggot wrote:
KillaLurusk wrote:

I don't kill Akamai.. and haz ~1 ping in EU server and ~100 ping in US server :3  

I have ~40 ping in the EU server and about ~100 in the US, as well.
Mine actually decreased. I had a ping of 60-80 before in the EU.

GoldShovel

Rank 0
GoldShovel
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:13 am

<A></A>You Love Gold? Reward Me With Karma then :3