Jamiedonald123

Rank 0
PostedAug 01, 2012 8:20 am
I got this game yesterday and need some help
Two things i need to know, where can i check my ping ingame?
Also when I join a server it gets to the loading screen but when it finishes I go back to server screen with a message saying "Connection to host failed(2)". Is this lag related or how can i fix this (I am using a wifi connection, i have no other choice)
Advertisement

fransp10

Rank 0
fransp10
PostedAug 02, 2012 10:42 am
¿¿¿1. If you live in a far place (Asia, South America, Africa, Middle East) there's no way to fix it.??
Que hijos de putas que son

herroricepreese

Rank 0
PostedAug 02, 2012 6:27 pm
lol since aeria im getting +30ish fps and -40ish ping. All i can complain about is the GG errors which are a HUGEEEEE pain in the

nice post trainer.

rval75

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Ping/FPS lag info

[quote="eshhquia"]
trainer772 wrote:
Lag

What is it?
It depends. There are 3 primary types of lag, all of which are very distinct in nature from each other.

Frame lag

What happens: Your PC displays the frames in a really jittery manner and some of the animations don't work. You usually run 40 FPS or less.

What causes the issue: Your PC isn't good enough to run AVA smoothly. It has little to do with communication with the server or ping.

What you can do to fix it:
1. Get a more powerful PC if possible.
2. Go to Task manager, select "Show processes from all users," and set Gameguard's priority to low and affinity to one core.
3. Make sure your PC is getting proper cooling.
4. Use a free program like AdvanceSystemCare or CCleaner to clean up your computer.

FOR INSTANCE, i have a full formatted fresh installed win7 64 bit on my laptop with nothing of crap installed (yet), my specs are intel i5 450m with 500gb hdd (400gb free space), ati hd 5650 gfx card!!! all the drivers installed and updated to the latest available version

seriously training, its like u putting the lag fault on us and try to fool us with above ridiculous steps!!!

BEFORE AERIA MESSED UP AVA I GOT MAX 50 PING

What happens: Your character skips around in other people's screens.

What causes this issue: It may be high ping. However, low-pingers may have this issue due to packet loss. Packet loss is when some of the data sent to the server is lost and you must resend to the server.

1. If it's a temporary issue, just wait it out. Nothing much can be done.
2. If it's a permanent issue, nothing can be done.

1. If you live in a far place (Asia, South America, Africa, Middle East) there's no way to fix it.
2. If you live near the server but you have high ping, it means your ISP is bad. You could try switching your ISP (although you really don't want to). You could also play AVA during non-peak-usage hours.
3. Use Task Manager and end all instances of Netsession Akami stuff.  

THE PROBLEM IS NOT ON US, BUT ON URE CRAPPY BUGGY LAGGY SERVERS!!!

DONT FOOL PEOPLE WITH THOSE ARGUMENTS, INSTEAD TRY TO FIX THAT LAG ISSUE OR GIVE MY MONEY BACK!!!  

Give your money back? This is a free to play, and all money spent on it is within your responsibility.

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedAug 14, 2012 11:42 am
I like lag

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wolfteamlegacy Offical wolfteam legacy group^

SubRykon

Rank 0
SubRykon
PostedAug 15, 2012 1:40 pm
This is very nice but...
My settings: Windows 7 with 100MB internet
CPU -> Intel pentium E5500 @ 2.80Ghz
4 GB ram
Graphic card -> GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1023MB
466GB hard drive
AVG antivirus
...With all those things I have FPS drop... My latest best FPS -> 170 (that was before migration) now 60 - 70 FPS
I v tried all thing with AVA settings, Netsession Akami, boosted with Game Booster...
I m tired of it, nothing worked. Is that problem in Aeria AVA servers? please help me with it!

secretagent46

Rank 2
secretagent46
PostedAug 16, 2012 9:06 pm

If ur getting high ping and are using windows 7 try this

It Might or might not work

Okesmak124

Rank 2
Okesmak124
PostedAug 16, 2012 9:12 pm

O.o

Cool
I was fcking angry , i had Teleport lag , now i fixed it , fck

Reasoninq

Rank 0
PostedAug 17, 2012 5:09 am
Hey Trainer, I have an issue that I would appreciate help with. Smile

Before this patch, I ran AVA on the settings you gave for low fps, on 800x600, 4:3. Everything was at the lowest graphic possible, including ingame, where the detail was [0]. I played regularly on 60 fps very well with no major issues.

However, with his patch, my ingame words, for example the chatbox, the score bar at the top of the screen and my scoreboard with I tab is all in high definition, whilst before it was very blurry, which I got used to. This lowers my fps to at least 45-50, and I really want to know how to change it back.

Could you please help me asap?

Thanks, Matt Smile

jvannoy14

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2012 8:58 am
i tend to get connection lost a few times everyday but i dont disconnect what causes that?