Kelsarad

Rank 0
Kelsarad
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:50 am
dcrago wrote:
Kelsarad wrote:
dcrago wrote:
Before the launcher would come up but ask me to install the game, I tried this and now I get a xml 4 error. I did try that nwzlauncher you just posted about, but I don't have one in my ava folder.

Could go and use ignite but it doesn't listen to half the things I tell it to do (wants to install everything where ever it wants too, not where I tell it to, and manually moving it doesn't work either as it will update itself on startup and put everything back where it was).

If you don't have NWZLauncher, I think that means you need to uninstall your old AVA and redownload this new one.  

Already did 2 times, and now I`am doing my 3rd redl. This time I did delete some files and folders ijji and steam had that weren't removed with the uninstall, hoping that works.

thinking about installing aeria ava and copying those files to the steam ava folder and seeing if that works.

I just figured out that the opposite works. Copy your steam install to AeriaGames>AVA, and you can launch without problem from there.
Advertisement

TheNerd_

Rank 0
TheNerd_
PostedJul 24, 2012 3:35 am
Kelsarad wrote:
dcrago wrote:
Kelsarad wrote:
dcrago wrote:
Before the launcher would come up but ask me to install the game, I tried this and now I get a xml 4 error. I did try that nwzlauncher you just posted about, but I don't have one in my ava folder.

Could go and use ignite but it doesn't listen to half the things I tell it to do (wants to install everything where ever it wants too, not where I tell it to, and manually moving it doesn't work either as it will update itself on startup and put everything back where it was).

If you don't have NWZLauncher, I think that means you need to uninstall your old AVA and redownload this new one.  

Already did 2 times, and now I`am doing my 3rd redl. This time I did delete some files and folders ijji and steam had that weren't removed with the uninstall, hoping that works.

thinking about installing aeria ava and copying those files to the steam ava folder and seeing if that works.

I just figured out that the opposite works. Copy your steam install to AeriaGames>AVA, and you can launch without problem from there.  

I did that and now it said the game client not in stalled

danteska

Rank 0
danteska
PostedJul 24, 2012 5:10 am
dcrago wrote:

Uninstalling the game through Steam leaves some files -that were likely updated or changed manually or by w/e Ijji program- untouched so you have to delete the entire ava folder after the -un- installation is done AND delete the remaining registry keys (CCleaner will help you).

That -what's written in this guide plus what I just said- was pretty much what I did to get my game working.

Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz // Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 // GA-970A-UD3 // Corsair xms3 4GB DDR3 1333MHz // BenQ XL2410T 120Hz // Zowie EC1 eVo // SS QcK Mass // Superlux HD668B - IGN: Chandrian

dcrago

Rank 0
dcrago
look at all these Buckeye's. United States
PostedJul 24, 2012 5:35 am
After spending ~5 hours of downloading and testing I learned that the whole client steam has needs to be replaced in every way before we can play without any problems. Just going to have to use ignite until than I guess (couldn't use the steam client for it, so I had to get ava off aeria).

danteska wrote:
Uninstalling the game through Steam leaves some files -that were likely updated or changed manually or by w/e Ijji program- untouched so you have to delete the entire ava folder after the -un- installation is done AND delete the remaining registry keys (CCleaner will help you).

That -what's written in this guide plus what I just said- was pretty much what I did to get my game working.  

I always do after uninstalling a program (don't use cc since I have had problems with it in the past, plus it's better to do it manually yourselves since cc can, and will, skip things), so everything was gone.

plzQUIT

Rank 0
plzQUIT
PostedJul 24, 2012 8:08 am
great Cool works fine,thx

twoiko

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2012 11:17 am
So I've tried everything, I've reinstalled from Steam but there are no programs "NWZlauncher" or patcher or anything else. I've tried installing the game through the Aeria installer but it just gives me the error "AVA not installed" and it closes out, nothing more... Any help at all on this?

Before you ask, I've restarted, run ccleaner, deleted any extra files and anything else that might help in between reinstalling. I'm tired of wasting all my bandwidth trying to re-download a 5 gigabyte game just to install it from somewhere else, why can't these companies get their **** together enough to make it work the first time???

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedJul 24, 2012 11:37 am
Great fix man Very Happy

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms and Soldier Front 2. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

Kelsarad

Rank 0
Kelsarad
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:19 pm
bump

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedJul 24, 2012 3:16 pm
Bump

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wolfteamlegacy Offical wolfteam legacy group^

ekeen4

Rank 0
PostedJul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: How to fix AVA on Steam! -Working-

Kelsarad wrote:
1. Uninstall the version of AVA you already have on steam.
2. Go to the steam store page and find the AVA page.
3. Reinstall AVA.
4. Run AVA.
5.-This is the part where most people have a problem- Close the launcher and right-click AVA in your game library, and click Properties.
6. Click the Local Files tab and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...
7. You will see a download bar at the bottom of steam, wait until downloading is done. (While downloading you will not be able to use other steam functions.)
8. When downloading is done a window will pop-up that says 23 files could not be verified, but will be retrieved. Start AVA.
9. A few files will download and click through the launchers.
10. GAME START will be clickable.

11. Once you close AVA, you may get an XML error the next time you try to run it again. Go to your steam directory and double click on NWZLauncher to start it again.

If you still cannot launch the game. Copy+Paste your steam "ava" folder contents into the AeiraGames "AVA" folder. Then run from Aeria Ignite.

Credits to danteska for figuring out the game cache fix.  

On step 9, when I run AVA, it gives me the message that the AVA client was not installed. How do you fix this?