Kelsarad

Rank 0
Kelsarad
PostedJul 23, 2012 9:25 pm   Last edited by Kelsarad on Jul 24, 2012 2:49 am. Edited 2 times in total

[Support] How to Fix AVA on Steam

1. Uninstall the version of AVA you already have on steam.
2. Go to the steam store page and find the AVA page.
3. Reinstall AVA.
4. Run AVA.
5.-This is the part where most people have a problem- Close the launcher and right-click AVA in your game library, and click Properties.
6. Click the Local Files tab and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...
7. You will see a download bar at the bottom of steam, wait until downloading is done. (While downloading you will not be able to use other steam functions.)
8. When downloading is done a window will pop-up that says 23 files could not be verified, but will be retrieved. Start AVA.
9. A few files will download and click through the launchers.
10. GAME START will be clickable.
11. Once you close AVA, you may get an XML error the next time you try to run it again. Go to your steam directory and double click on NWZLauncher to start it again.

If you still cannot launch the game. Copy+Paste your steam "ava" folder contents into the AeiraGames "AVA" folder. Then run from Aeria Ignite.

You can also attempt a complete uninstall and restart which can also correct the issue.

Credits to danteska for figuring out the game cache fix.
Advertisement

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedJul 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: How to fix AVA on Steam! -Working-

Kelsarad wrote:
1. Uninstall the version of AVA you already have on steam.
2. Go to the steam store page and find the AVA page.
3. Reinstall AVA.
4. Run AVA.
5.-This is the part where most people have a problem- Close the launcher and right-click AVA in your game library, and click Properties.
6. Click the Local Files tab and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...
7. You will see a download bar at the bottom of steam, wait until downloading is done. (While downloading you will not be able to use other steam functions.)
8. When downloading is done a window will pop-up that says 23 files could not be verified, but will be retrieved. Start AVA.
9. A few files will download and click through the launchers.
10. GAME START will be clickable.

Credits to danteska.  

Nice.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wolfteamlegacy Offical wolfteam legacy group^

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedJul 23, 2012 9:39 pm
Fortunately in my case I did not need to do this, the file update started automatically for me on launch.

IMO this should be stickied.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedJul 23, 2012 9:53 pm
Checked & it works. Request Sticky for now.

Crowmagnon23

Rank 3
Crowmagnon23
PostedJul 23, 2012 10:01 pm
coduxs wrote:
Checked & it works. Request Sticky for now.  

Seconded.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wolfteamlegacy Offical wolfteam legacy group^

TheNerd_

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:17 am
dosent work for me I get an XML error

Kelsarad

Rank 0
Kelsarad
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:28 am
TheNerd_ wrote:
dosent work for me I get an XML error  

Just added another step to get around that error.

dcrago

Rank 0
dcrago
look at all these Buckeye's. United States
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:36 am
Before the launcher would come up but ask me to install the game, I tried this and now I get a xml 4 error. I did try that nwzlauncher you just posted about, but I don't have one in my ava folder.

Could go and use ignite but it doesn't listen to half the things I tell it to do (wants to install everything where ever it wants too, not where I tell it to, and manually moving it doesn't work either as it will update itself on startup and put everything back where it was).

Kelsarad

Rank 0
Kelsarad
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:39 am
dcrago wrote:
Before the launcher would come up but ask me to install the game, I tried this and now I get a xml 4 error. I did try that nwzlauncher you just posted about, but I don't have one in my ava folder.

Could go and use ignite but it doesn't listen to half the things I tell it to do (wants to install everything where ever it wants too, not where I tell it to, and manually moving it doesn't work either as it will update itself on startup and put everything back where it was).

If you don't have NWZLauncher, I think that means you need to uninstall your old AVA and redownload this new one.

dcrago

Rank 0
dcrago
look at all these Buckeye's. United States
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:48 am
Kelsarad wrote:
dcrago wrote:

If you don't have NWZLauncher, I think that means you need to uninstall your old AVA and redownload this new one.  

Already did 2 times, and now I`am doing my 3rd redl. This time I did delete some files and folders ijji and steam had that weren't removed with the uninstall, hoping that works.

thinking about installing aeria ava and copying those files to the steam ava folder and seeing if that works.