noordin_ngentot

Rank 5
noordin_ngentot
PostedOct 27, 2012 11:10 am
Well, Chronos did mention ".....difficult to flask to full.", so I thought he was referring to the amount of flasks when comparing it to the more popular capture weapon, but you are correct about not everything has to be flasked indeed despite it has a good KO emblem.

Admittably, speed is also one of the issue with IRod, but still, I think that would probably put it on the same level as something like TSword, which is just as slow, but still used by some people due to the quick flasks and good KO emblem (strong ground musou also a plus I guess).

Regardless, I think this "not recommended list" is a good idea anyway. I would agree to put TRods and TPicks due to their offensive stats (atk/dmg) being slot 5 and 6. Tpicks much more due to the worst speed, slow combo, and more reliant of musou.

Advertisement

nickjason111

Rank 4
nickjason111
PostedOct 27, 2012 11:50 am
Weapon:

Mode: Confront
Build (include temper, emblems, and mods, etc.): Jump Ability mod
Flask: Damage :1
Maps:

Reason: Treasure !!

GOD©2.XC1 - Solaris - 4th Elite General - Best DWO player

yinyangmatrix

Rank 4
yinyangmatrix
A "snowy" place in Florida, United States
PostedOct 27, 2012 1:10 pm
@nickjason111: Get out. Your consistent trolling isn't needed.

Just because you dislike capture and the other modes, that doesn't oblige you to post and troll in this thread. This thread is utilized as a reference for players to build CP mode weapon builds, not confront.

~~

Anyways, I'll look through the weapons on the Wiki and write a list of debatable weapons to put on the non-recommended list for opinions.

Aiai.JQ1 (Wu)
"I'll teach you... my eternal dream, enchanting like you've never known before."

nickjason111

Rank 4
nickjason111
PostedOct 27, 2012 2:10 pm

GOD©2.XC1 - Solaris - 4th Elite General - Best DWO player

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedOct 27, 2012 3:00 pm
nickjason111 wrote:

I just have one thing to say:
If you're going to use pictures to say everything here, then be a gentleman to Isanami and kindly GTFO, TROLL!

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker>Gaia server

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedOct 27, 2012 3:34 pm
yinyangmatrix wrote:
noordin_ngentot wrote:
chronos_notashi wrote:
yinyangmatrix wrote:
Added remaining builds I missed. Sorry for the late update. =w=

Someone suggested to me that a "Non-recommended Weapons" section should be added. Any feedback?  

If you were to do that, I'd suggest that you add I. Rod for Defeat/Capture. Too slow for both of those, and with how some of the maps are so big, I don't know WHY anyone would use one for those battle modes (the other two modes might also be included in this with the condition Flask Lost, considering how the I. Rod is already difficult to flask to full as is).  

IRod:
-C1 thrust for troops.
-Slot 1 defense.
-Slot 2 damage.
-Slot 3 life.
-Slot 5 attack.
Assuming balanced 4332x build => 35 flasks

Compared to say...., another popular choice like Cudgel:
-No C1 for troops
-Slot 2 attack
-Slot 3 defense
-Slot 5 damage
-Slot 6 life
Assuming balanced 4332x build => 44 flasks

Matters of opinion when someone think a weapon should or should not be used! 8D

But compared to IRod or TRods, I think TPicks is needs waaaaaay more skill to use in capture/defeat/destroy. Good luck flasking slot 5 and 6 atk/dmg and take/defend base with 100 speed, plus aggro that doesn't matter if your opponent have a quick flask weapon. Use it on flask lost game too as an icing to the cake. =P  

There's still a good difference between their speeds however. Also because this is capture, not everything has to be flasked because one of the main points is speed also.

You're right though, definitely matter of opinions, so we'll have to look closely.

Twin Picks added. Definitely.  

I looked at what I said again as well as the response, and I. Rod indeed has room for debate, so I decided to take a look at battle mechanics, flask stats, etc. Since both I. Rod and Cudgel have a Siege Fixed Damage Multiplier of 1.0 with 0 tempers, neither weapon has much of an advantage in that field. Cudgel though, while having weaker attack, gets faster attack flasks, so it can attack captain/officer base sooner and faster (much like quick-strike T. Sabers). It also has slightly better defense stats to help it last longer should an enemy catch up...if they have something faster than 125 base speed (compared to I. Rod's 110). I. Rod, on the other hand, has a lower damage upgrade stat (with higher base damage), but can flask damage faster, meaning that, if used right, it can attack tower and juggernaut bases sooner. Life can also be tempered quickly, meaning that even though it won't be able to run fast enough, it might have a better chance of surviving sooner if caught. For the case of troop bases, both could be even, as Cudgel can just as easily ko quickly with short combos or a well-placed Moon c1, and I. Rod is slow but more capable of keeping troops gathered close for a c1 Thrust.
In the case of attacks and combos, both Cudgel's c1 emblems and I. Rod's Thrust c1 have knockback, so you'll still have to run to pick up flasks either way (unless you use a lightning orb or something similar for I. Rod, but orbs aren't ALWAYS used in capture). Also, Cudgel can get multiple, quick hits on towers with c3, so it might not necessarily need a third damage temper depending on how it's modded and used. I. Rod, however, has the advantage of an innate fire c5 that can leave officers in bases and the SB vulnerable to a short, high-attack musou that moves slowly and hits a lot. Cudgel, as everyone agrees, has a musou that's sometimes difficult to connect hits with, so it's not always reliable unless you HAVE to pierce through enemy defenses.
So after taking another look, I. Rod COULD still be used in capture/defeat, but it's not as PREFERABLE, due to it's lack of speed compared to other capture weapons and usual flask conditions. Though if it IS used in capture, it can be used as a Heavy Strike weapon (slow movement, but hits hard).
Also, I apologize for saying that I. Rod is difficult to flask fully. Forgot that it usually isn't the main focus with most capture weapons. Also, some of the info is based off the wiki, so if anything is different in-game or is out-dated info due to recent patches, let me know.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedOct 29, 2012 6:15 pm
Hello, didn't read the 12 pages but since i didn't watch it listed on the main post here i go with a weapon that equiped by mistake gave me a victory in campaign.

Weapon:S.Staff
Mode:Defeat Leader
Build:00325, C1 Thrust or Moon, x2 Musou or x1 Musou and Speed.
Flask:Any
Maps:Any
Reason:Musou flask on slot 1, defense and life on 2-3 so it's really fast to flask, the Musou of this beast does FIRE damage so attack or red life isn't needed at all. You can just flask Musou and go spam it on the general. In a personal experience, with a 11010 R4 i lower the general life to 25% more or less with one imperial seal, i think a R6 with 5 stars on Musou and advanced upgrades can oneshot the general with a imperial seal, if you can't find one just equip a (insert the name of the item that recovers Musou here, i forgot) and kill it with two Musou, in the worse escenario if you can only land a Musou (get killed after the first) your team mates will have it easy to finish.

dragnet4000

Rank 2
dragnet4000
PostedOct 30, 2012 7:10 am
Bustadwolf wrote:
Friend of mine liked using this to play around never serious so thought I'd share since I do find Shield to be rather fun to useXd

Weapon: Battle Shield
Mode: Capture/Destroy
Build: 42330, Thrust/Any, 1 Attack Upgrade Mod, 1 Damage Upgrade Mod, 1 Max Temper Mod, Ice or Wind
Flask: Remain or Decrease
Maps: Any
Reason: Though there's no Emblem suitable for troop killing C3 even with Wind should suffice, upgrade fast to capture a base quick and defend any nearby bases since this weapons run speed is quite low.  

The JC on this can kill troops quite well with 4 attack and an attack mod. Tested this and the minimum amount of attack needed on a R4 is 3.
So yeah. JC for troop kills.

Bustadwolf

Rank 3
Bustadwolf
PostedOct 30, 2012 6:51 pm
dragnet4000 wrote:
Bustadwolf wrote:
Friend of mine liked using this to play around never serious so thought I'd share since I do find Shield to be rather fun to useXd

Weapon: Battle Shield
Mode: Capture/Destroy
Build: 42330, Thrust/Any, 1 Attack Upgrade Mod, 1 Damage Upgrade Mod, 1 Max Temper Mod, Ice or Wind
Flask: Remain or Decrease
Maps: Any
Reason: Though there's no Emblem suitable for troop killing C3 even with Wind should suffice, upgrade fast to capture a base quick and defend any nearby bases since this weapons run speed is quite low.  

The JC on this can kill troops quite well with 4 attack and an attack mod. Tested this and the minimum amount of attack needed on a R4 is 3.
So yeah. JC for troop kills.  
I've tested in farm runs that 1 Attack is good enough for the C3 to kill troops if you aim yourself into them while spinning so the shockwave kills if they weren't close enough. Can also work with no attack, but the Majors need to get hit by the spin or they will have a little bit of life left from the shockwave alone.

MightySiQin

Rank 2
PostedNov 05, 2012 4:59 pm
Weapon: Feather Fan
Mode: Defeat
Build (include, elements and mods, etc.. if necessary.): 30000, 24 tempers, X/E, 5 in speed or 5 in base attack, vorpal/fire
Flask: Any
Maps: Plains, Marsh, Castle, Island and Linked ships Only.
Reason: Due to the long range of c6 eclipse, f.fan is very affective in a large troop area. Unlike all other defeat weapons, f.fan eclipse doesn't need you to lure much, if you rush into a large troop area and hit c6, all the troops in that area should be hit whether u lured them or not. Maps as Plains and Marsh have large k.o spots and you may realize that it takes you with c.blade 2 times or 3 times to finish the whole k.o spot, while f.fan is twice faster. Castle and Island maps are wider and have separted k.o spots, but with speed of 120 and mods in speed you can do more than a k.o spot in a row. Also you may have to lure a bit more in Linked Ships map as it has lots of ships, but you still able to take a whole ship of troops with f.fan