iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedJul 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Double *Sprite* XP days,

A suggestion, not an announcement
I think most of us love that we can now use our sprites as helpers in battle. They can wield weapons and wear armor, and that makes them more important than ever in gameplay. But I've also noticed that, at least from my perspective, there is a million ways to level your character, and yet it's much harder to level up a sprite's abilities, especially if working on three at once. And what if we need to use our guardian sprite in battle? That sprite can't be training at the same time, which makes it take even longer.

To me, this seems out of balance. If I want to level my character, I get a boost on double or 1.5x XP days. There are XP charms in the Item Mall and AH. And you give them away free for forum participation. Dailies give us a big boost.

There is only two ways to boost XP that a sprite gets while training, and that's the Sprite's Training Genius Capsule, which is in the item mall but rarely at auction. There are no sprite dailies, no sprite double XP days and sprite training capsules are not given out. Trial stones let you train sprites while you're away from the keyboard, but I don't think they boost that experience-per-minute, do they?

The result is that many highbies abandon the talents of their guardian sprites and effectively use just two sprites, releasing them for new ones when the time comes for higher equipment, instead of training them. What a waste!

Does anyone else vibe with me?

--Peter Parker
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJul 15, 2012 3:06 pm

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedJul 15, 2012 3:13 pm
iBambi wrote:

True, but my post is broader than that. I'm pointing out that there's an imbalance in gameplay. Even if there were weekly sprite training days, that would not make up for that imbalance.

Although it'd be a great start. Smile

I chose the title to hopefully get some attention, but if I guess if higher authorities decide to move my post, so be it.

poptartzx

Rank 0
poptartzx
PostedJul 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Double sprite xp

I agree with you it takes quite a while to train your sprite and it eats away at your resources until you have to buy more from AH, off the street from other players, or get it using another one of your sprites that could be training their skills otherwise.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJul 15, 2012 3:34 pm
You could always request them to put Sprite's Training Genius Capsule on the m-clay table so there will be more available for purchase outside the Item Mall.

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedJul 15, 2012 3:39 pm
iBambi wrote:
You could always request them to put Sprite's Training Genius Capsule on the m-clay table so there will be more available for purchase outside the Item Mall.  

I think that's a great idea!

Jaia2442

Rank 2
Jaia2442
PostedJul 15, 2012 5:16 pm
wow I didnt even know sprites can attack and use weapons now.

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedJul 15, 2012 8:29 pm
No offense to anyone but, there's sometimes an "Event" icon that pops up sometimes when you sprite finishes a specific task. These are the events I noticed:

Any Collecting Task:
Success Event (Relationship increases and sometimes regains stamina)
Fail Event (Relationship point loss and stamina loss)
EXP event (Sprite gains more EXP from a task that your sprite has finished)
Greatness Status Event (Sprite gets more materials from a task when status is active)
Sprite Order Scrolls (You get Sprite Order scrolls for Fame)

There's more than that I think, not sure. But it's totally ramdom. Double Sprite EXP events would be cool tho.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJul 16, 2012 7:48 am
I think a sprite exp event would be awesome, however the GM's can only work with the tools that the developers give them, and I don't think there's any way for the GM's to modify server sprite experience rewards, and asking for the development of a new GM command/tool would take a rather long time.

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedJul 16, 2012 5:41 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
I think a sprite exp event would be awesome, however the GM's can only work with the tools that the developers give them, and I don't think there's any way for the GM's to modify server sprite experience rewards, and asking for the development of a new GM command/tool would take a rather long time.  

I think you raise a great point. But there are lots of ways sprites could get more exp. For example, perhaps GMs could lock all sprites in elated mode for a specific period of time, which should boost XP to some degree. Or maybe just give out some training genius capsules for events (although it'd have to be a few of them because they don't do much). For example, for forum participation, cheapo XP and drop charms are given out for mere participation. Why not throw in a sprite training capsule? Just something -- anything -- to balance character XP vs. sprite XP.