xs_angela_xs

Rank 0
xs_angela_xs
PostedJul 14, 2012 8:39 am

Best build for archer?

what is the best build for a archer in Hard Mode?
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 14, 2012 10:00 am
You can go in two ways :

--> semi-expensive build but it takes time
Just pick 5LUC 2 DEX and link many low level +STR lapis (mainly - like lvl3/4 craft) and fill with DEX on your gear until lvl30. You can lvl up without linking but believe me, it's darn so slow without having +STR and +att lapis (like assaults for your bow). Leveling from 1 to 15 shouldn't be hard but it will when you want to level up from 16 to 35.

Once you have reached lvl35, the LUC build will start to be efficient. You can also get a complete dread set ( AoL dread quest guide ) which grants you enough slots to link lapis with. Use mainly +STR lapis ( lvl3/4/duals ), followed by +DEX and then by +LUC. Ofc you can lvl up without linking but i still recommend to do that. If you link your gear, you are stronger, which will fasten your grinding process.
At lvl50, go for a 3 stat build : STR/DEX/LUC (see bottom) and invest in 5STR 2DEX

--> expensive build but it takes less time
Start from 5STR 2 DEX and once gotten lvl30, you can consider for a restat by using a restat stone. Restat to 2DEX 5 LUC per level build and fill your gear up with lapis like here above. Or keep this build and link only LUC. Try to aim for about 475 LUC, although it is an expensive way. Once gotten lvl50, go for a 3stat build.

At lvl50 : 3 stat build
This is a strength for the archer class : a nice and solid 3stat build. this build is only possible if you can afford gear which can bring up at least 1000 stats in total. Link your gear first with at least lvl5's and fill the remaining slots with either some lvl6's or duals. Once done with linking, use your leveling stats ( use restat stone ) to invest your stat points till you can achive your goal : 200+STR 300DEX 500LUC. If you can add more stats, feel free to focus on STR, which is important. But don't forget DEX. At lvl70, 350 DEX is a minimum, but i'm sure that you have other gear at that point, so 300DEX should be enough until lvl65.

Please note that this class is one of the expensive class in this game. As you can see, you need a good gear, or your class won't effective.

signature of xybolt

xs_angela_xs

Rank 0
xs_angela_xs
PostedJul 15, 2012 7:25 am
well i got another question i was ingame my Hp stayed like at 989 i am doing 5 str 2 dex but i play on HM i die faster i feel weak because i die fast then someone said to me i need to do 4 str 3 dex and now i am confused what to do. because i wanna increase my HP
any suggestions u can give?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 15, 2012 8:43 am
xs_angela_xs wrote:
well i got another question i was ingame my Hp stayed like at 989 i am doing 5 str 2 dex but i play on HM i die faster i feel weak because i die fast then someone said to me i need to do 4 str 3 dex and now i am confused what to do. because i wanna increase my HP
any suggestions u can give?  

there is barely a difference between 5STR/2DEX and 4STR/3DEX build. I tends to not suggest the 2nd build because it's - imo - not a decent build for archers. 1 STR = +1 attack, while 1DEX provides +0.2 attack and a fraction more evasiveness. in this situation, one more STR is more advantageous then one more DEX. You can gain more HP by searching for gears with +HP as orange stats and maybe dual lapis with HP. ( use lapis wiki for more informations )

But even with more HP, you can only survive if you are well experienced with a grind technique : kiting. If you don't know what "kiting" means, well, it's pretty easy. One the mob becomes too close, just move to an another position and shoot an arrow ( or skill ). Once done ( or do two attack ) move again to an another position. After a while you should perform a kinda large polygon ( effective kiting ) with your positions. I have tried to find a kiting guide and found one on youtube which shows it well : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iTugEZL-Eo .

This method is more effective if you have sonics in your gear, either a sonic amulet ( which provides a permanent +1 movement speed - pretty cheap solution ) or sonic lapis in your boots ( provides +2 movement speed, the maximum which you can get by foot - kinda expensive, it requires many OP's )

signature of xybolt

xs_angela_xs

Rank 0
xs_angela_xs
PostedJul 15, 2012 9:46 am
Well i try to use that grind technique kiting Razz
And about the things u said ill try something
And thank you Very Happy <3

Healer_11

Rank 4
Healer_11
PostedJul 15, 2012 9:57 am

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 15, 2012 2:05 pm
xs_angela_xs wrote:
Well i try to use that grind technique kiting Razz
And about the things u said ill try something
And thank you Very Happy <3  

ah well, since i noticed that you are from the Netherlands, you are free to ask me for some informations in Dutch, just pm me if you want.

ik ben bijna alle dagen hier om eventjes op te volgen Wink
De bovenste thread kan wel zinvol zijn, maar blijkbaar heeft iemand klakkeloos informatie van die foute wikithread overgekopieerd ._.

signature of xybolt

lolzcrazyboy18

Rank 0
PostedOct 21, 2012 4:30 am

Re: Best build for archer?

Ahhh im a hm archer this is what i do 5 luc 1 dex 1 str

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedOct 21, 2012 7:03 am

Re: Best build for archer?

lolzcrazyboy18 wrote:
Ahhh im a hm archer this is what i do 5 luc 1 dex 1 str  

I'm sorry but this build isn't effective. LUC works only if you have a large amount of it, ie, more then 300 at archer/hunters. In the meanwhile, you will face with a very difficult grinding progress.

You can retweak your stats and follow up the guides which might help you more !

signature of xybolt