dvdk3x5

Rank 0
PostedJul 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Two Accounts

Is it okay to have 2 account? One main account and the other one is for vending?
Will I get banned?

p.s.
I tried to search about this in the forums, but I did not find any result.
Advertisement

stefferonii

Rank 0
stefferonii
PostedJul 14, 2012 1:31 am

Re: Two Accounts

dvdk3x5 wrote:
Is it okay to have 2 account? One main account and the other one is for vending?
Will I get banned?

p.s.

Use of multiple accounts

You are allowed to create multiple accounts. However, these may not interact with each other. This includes but is not limited to, being in the same Guild, joining other Guilds to obtain information, partying together, and using one account to level another. It is also not allowed to use multiple account to farm different areas at the same time.

Using a secondary account to open up a shop while playing your primary account is allowed.

dvdk3x5

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2012 2:02 am
Thanks.

stefferonii

Rank 0
stefferonii
PostedJul 14, 2012 2:03 am
np (:

TheTrueFenix

Rank 0
TheTrueFenix
PostedJul 15, 2012 4:43 pm   Last edited by TheTrueFenix on Jul 15, 2012 7:41 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Re: Two Accounts

stefferonii wrote:
dvdk3x5 wrote:
Will I get banned?

p.s.

Use of multiple accounts

You are allowed to create multiple accounts. However, these may not interact with each other. This includes but is not limited to, being in the same Guild, joining other Guilds to obtain information, partying together, and using one account to level another. It is also not allowed to use multiple account to farm different areas at the same time.

Using a secondary account to open up a shop while playing your primary account is allowed.  

Then lets hope we dont see Ch****** and iCh***** farming the orange event again at the same time.
*Let me add to this, clarifying my reasoning behind this statement...I have recieved some grief from particular individuals over me playing on Iron, my character on my 2ndary account, lets be clear about my usage. Iron is never on at the same time as my main ~Aeriaola~ and if he is, its only to trade items to setup a shop, he is not in the same guild, he has never partied with Aeri, never been lvl'd by Aeri, was not created to participate in any particular event(as i see some of u doing) he is in a guild, that Aeri is not apart of, and he is not a secret, it is common knowledge that Iron is in fact Aeri, with all that said, Seeing people multi accounting with their alts to farm an event should not be overlooked, and no exceptions should be made for any player. I feel it is the responsibility of the player and that players guild leader to make sure his/her mates follow the rules set forth by the staff, allowing the participation of conduct that breaches the ruleset by guild leaders is sad leadership, If you have an alt and main on at the same time farming an event, it is wrong and against the rules. You could face being reported for it.

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedJul 15, 2012 6:38 pm
Most events clearly say that multiple accounts can NOT be used and that doing so will disqualify you, however, the orange event is an in-game event and open to anyone and all prizes are bound. A GM might be able to explain whether it's accepted or not better then me, but if you're doing it on a "merchant alt" then I really don't see the point in doing it plus given the fact that you should only be using that alt for merchant only, just doesn't make sense at all.

As far as multiple characters that you DO play, then i personally see it as fine, but I would only use ONE account. Any single account can have multiple characters per server but you can't play two characters at once, so if you want to do weekly events on more then one character, then that's the safest way to do it and doing it this way is the best way to keep within aeria's Terms of Service. Remember though, you still can't spy on guilds or anything like that.

Simply put, don't use multiple accounts at once for anything other then merchant while the other ONE is doing whatever else.

As a side note, please refrain from mentioning any players names in the forums, if you have a dispute to settle with them, then please do it personally or send a ticket via contact us at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps clear up things. Shocked

TheTrueFenix

Rank 0
TheTrueFenix
PostedJul 15, 2012 7:31 pm
Sai5sai wrote:
Most events clearly say that multiple accounts can NOT be used and that doing so will disqualify you, however, the orange event is an in-game event and open to anyone and all prizes are bound. A GM might be able to explain whether it's accepted or not better then me, but if you're doing it on a "merchant alt" then I really don't see the point in doing it plus given the fact that you should only be using that alt for merchant only, just doesn't make sense at all.

As far as multiple characters that you DO play, then i personally see it as fine, but I would only use ONE account. Any single account can have multiple characters per server but you can't play two characters at once, so if you want to do weekly events on more then one character, then that's the safest way to do it and doing it this way is the best way to keep within aeria's Terms of Service. Remember though, you still can't spy on guilds or anything like that.

Simply put, don't use multiple accounts at once for anything other then merchant while the other ONE is doing whatever else.

As a side note, please refrain from mentioning any players names in the forums, if you have a dispute to settle with them, then please do it personally or send a ticket via contact us at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps clear up things. Shocked  

It is clearly stated in the ruleset recently posted in the forums that alts and mains can not be used simultaneously. EXCEPT to Sell. Let me also note that the portion of this response that is focused towards an event, is focused towards an ingame event, and the usage of an alt and main at the same time, not towards past or future events, or so called raffles, I used "x" player as an example because they have been doing exactly what is described as against ToA.

However in regards to this particular event only giving bound items, thus why is it a concern idea?
~Alts can be used to farm torches, these torches can then be used to level a main with out the need to party with them. Thus validates concern of these alts and mains simultaneously farming this event. So in fact yes items are bound, but that does not mean a main does not benifiet from an alt, or several alts farming the event.

To those of whom who needed clarification, im sure clarification has been provided, and thus we thank you.
However you can further clarify this for me.
Are we to have only a merchant alt or can an alt serv as playable and merchant.
As of currently there is nothing that says our alts need to be a: only merchants or b: only playable. Ruleset says we may have alts, that they may not be on simultaneously, but 1 can be selling while the other is active. It does not further clarify that either or needs to be solely a, or solely b. If u can clarify that, it would be wonderful.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 15, 2012 8:53 pm
TheTrueFenix wrote:

However you can further clarify this for me.
Are we to have only a merchant alt or can an alt serv as playable and merchant.
As of currently there is nothing that says our alts need to be a: only merchants or b: only playable. Ruleset says we may have alts, that they may not be on simultaneously, but 1 can be selling while the other is active. It does not further clarify that either or needs to be solely a, or solely b. If u can clarify that, it would be wonderful.  

They can be interchangeable. The one important thing to remember is that if they're both on at the same time, only one can be actively playing. The other must be merchant.

The best thing to do though, if you want two playable characters is to use them on the same account. That way you don't accidentally forget u went AFK grinding on one and start up another browser and do dungeons on the other. This will also eliminate any possibility of the accounts interacting with each other and other things.

So in short, merchant account can be playable account but not at the same time as the other.

A can play why B merchants, OR B can play while A merchants. Makes no difference, but A and B can't be actively playing at the same time.

TheTrueFenix

Rank 0
TheTrueFenix
PostedJul 15, 2012 9:02 pm
K, thank you for clearing that up. Very Happy

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedJul 15, 2012 9:26 pm
No problem.

Btw, you're signature is way too big. It should be within the 700x200 pixel limit. Yours is 717344. You can use any free online picture resizer to resize it for free and switch them out.