electro

Aeria: Product Manager
electro
PostedJul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

In Game Wheels and Lotteries

Basic Info
In Golden Age you will find many awesome features such as mystery boxes that generate random rewards AND mystery wheels.

HOW DO THEY WORK:

Each wheel has defined and planned rewards that can be achieved. Some have great probability while others do not (this is also how a mystery box works!)

When you click on a wheel, it picks a smaller number of it's SPECIFC reward list and let's you spin from them!

In a visual manner, this is how it works:

The key is every-time the wheel is opened form your bag, it rolls from what master items you can get! This is why everytime a wheel is opened, new prizes can appear!

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." -Sun Tzu
Advertisement

Kaliedo

Rank 0
Kaliedo
PostedJul 13, 2012 6:35 pm
It's nice to finally see this explained.

Just one thing I'd like to see changed for the wheels; whenever you use a wheel you see a color scheme with a box at the side indicating what each color represents.

Normal - Green
Advanced - Blue
Rare - Purple
Epic - Orange

The problem I've seen mostly is with the Epic slot, where in place of the really epic item you see a random throw-away blue. Landing on one of these spots is difficult, having done so should feel rewarding not disappointing.

Would it be possible to make it so that the Epic slot draws from a list of truly epic items? (and no, a random high level blue is not epic!)

aduindam

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2012 5:09 am

Epic Rewards

I fully agree with Kaliedo, the epic rewards should be returned to the wheels! At the moment wheels are even given out at events with misleading rewards since for example the warlord gear has been replaced on the lucky chests and the chests that we're supposed to give a +7 fortified item do not give those either! Please get the developers to fix this, since no one will use the wheels as long as they haven't been repaired...

barthalimul

Rank 1
barthalimul
PostedJul 17, 2012 5:27 pm   Last edited by barthalimul on Jul 18, 2012 12:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total
The trouble Electro is months ago the Epic - Orange buged out and only gives a lvl 90 blue item. No matter what wheel you use even your 5 day log in wheel its the same. Legends server has no chance to get the +7 chest from the new wheels or warlord gear from breaking items down. We understand how the wheels work or atleast I do. The trouble is they are Not working the way you broke it down. They are still broken on our server. They first broke back in Feb was fixed first week of April then broke again around 3 or 4th week of April around the time new wheels were added to the game. If you log into Any server but Legends you will see a +7 chest as a chance to win but log into Legends using the same wheels you will never see a +7. I have used a ton of wheels to test out the bug before I reported it.

viczee

Rank 0
PostedJul 18, 2012 12:47 pm
Thank you Electro for taking the time to visit us on Legends and to explain thing about the wheels.

Myself and everyone else have the same problem as barthalimul (Barrt of Legends Server)

I have so many wheels collecting dust because i refuse to use them while they are not giving the proper item.

We need your confirmation as to the list of items for each type of of wheel that exist in game. Changing things on us without notice is already bad but no one acknowledged what each wheel supposed to drop except the Set Equipment ones makes the crowd angry.

Can you post another thread to identify each wheel that exist and the list of items that it drops? So that we know to report when there is something wrong or be happy when we win the best prizes.

Also, a lot of the so called "Epic" isn't really epic at all. Perhaps that can be corrected as well.

Bish - Legends Server

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedJul 19, 2012 4:29 pm
According to the response on my ticket #8057771, they say there is only a small chance of the +7 gear showing up in the Orange spot?

My request would be for a GM to login to each server and take a print screen of the wheels and show us the comparison. Since Ascension is a new merger server, their wheels may be acting like Legends now?

2012-07-18 03:44:36 Response from Team Aeria
Hello Ranshalvaz,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have confirmed with our developers and the In-Game Wheels and
Lotteries are working as intended.
For more information and clarification please visit this posting:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1608525

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
Team AeriaNow  

RanshalvazSo for instance, there was only 10% chance of seeing the +7 gear in the
Orange/Epic wheels, and the people on other servers who saw that gear just
got lucky? I guess since Legends is a merged server our chance at good
items is less.  

2012-07-20 00:22:36 Response from Team Aeria
Hello Ranshalvaz,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have confirmed with our developers and the In-Game Wheels and
Lotteries are working as intended.
For more information and clarification please visit this posting:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1608525

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
Team AeriaNow  

I got the same copy-paste answer twice in a row. Based on it's content, this thread is the official response and holds every detail Aeria plans to provide on the topic. Might as well lock it.

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedJul 23, 2012 11:03 pm
This is completely ridiculous. We keep reporting the same issue, yet nothing is ever done except refer us to this thread that we already understand.

ELECTRO, THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT WE DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WORK. THE ISSUE IS THAT THE EPIC ITEM IS NOT THE ADVERTISED EPIC ITEM! PLEASE FIX THIS ASPECT.

I apologize for my use of all caps,but it was an attention device

Kaliedo

Rank 0
Kaliedo
PostedJul 24, 2012 4:30 am
According to Electros' post and Ticket responses on the subject seeing a 'throw-away' item in place of the advertised item in the 'Epic' slot is not a bug, it was intentionally designed that way.

As far as they are concerned this is not a problem to be fixed.

barthalimul

Rank 1
barthalimul
PostedJul 24, 2012 4:04 pm
IMO they are not understanding what the Devs are saying. You have a small chance to WIN the Orange item Not a small chance for it to show up. Here is a Copy paste of a reply from one of my tickets.

2012-07-11 19:44:12

Response from Team Aeria

Hello Bart, Thank you for your reply. We are aware of this issue and we are currently testing it and working on a solution with the devs. Any updates will be announced to the public. Thanks, Team AeriaNow

So which is it Half the team knows it broken and tring to fix it and other half says forget it its only broken on one server.

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedJul 24, 2012 10:44 pm
I got the exact same response as ran did, but that does not convince me. They clearly do not understand what the true issue is.