iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedJul 12, 2012 10:59 pm   Last edited by iDerz on Oct 02, 2012 7:38 pm. Edited 4 times in total

[Event] Tell A Tale

Tell a story about a monster or two!

Hello and welcome to the introduction of the "Tell a Tale" weekly event. This is an event that you will be telling a story about the monsters you see on Monster Paradise.

• You must post a picture of the monster(s) you are talking about. You can not make up monsters.
  • The monsters has to go with the theme. I.e. Demon theme means demon monsters.
  • You can not make up a location. You must post a picture of the location you are describing in the story.
  • You must type more than 500 words for the story, but not more than 1000. I want a short story, but I also want to read something that is filled with information.
  • It will be due by the Sunday after the theme is picked. Example: The first event will start 7/22 and it will end 7/29. At that time, there will be a new theme and I will start to judge those from the last week. Prizes may take 10 days to pay out from the beginning of judgment since I will need to read everything.
  • You must tell me your in game name.
  • You must use the forum that is provided.
  • The judges will be grading on spelling, grammar, and overall creativity.
  • You may have one monster that isn't with the theme, but ONLY one!

Use the code below to post your story.

Code:

[b]Account Name:[/b]
[b]In game name:[/b]
[b]Monster picture(s):[/b]
[b]Location picture(s):[/b]
[b]Story body:[/b]

Link back to this thread: http://tinyurl.com/StoryEvents
Advertisement

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedJul 18, 2012 7:05 pm   Last edited by iDerz on Oct 12, 2012 8:30 pm. Edited 14 times in total

Prizes are to come~! Winners will be announced with each week.
Week 1: First place prize is an Ana! Second place prize will be Kea (R)!
Winners are Caelifer for first and second is HinoMi !

Event 2 DOUBLE EVENT!: Mech: 1st Place is Gearwing. Second place is Krabodon. I may give random mechs to people who join. Demon: 1st place Kain(R) and 2nd Place Pazuzu (R). These will run from now until September 31st Midnight PST/PDT.
Winners are:
Mecha 1st prize is.... Lyca13. Second prize is HinoMi. Third is CromoChaos!
Thank you guys for entering in and I'll send you a message for trades for your prizes.

Event 3: Winning monsters will be: Dragons - 1st Dragon Wiz, 2nd Typhon, 3 Venom Dragon; Undead - 1st Gravekeeper, 2nd Nosferatu, 3rd Medusa.

Theme 1: First week's theme is Angels! -Over-
Theme 2: New theme is Mech monsters and Demon monsters! Double event!
Theme 3: This theme will be.... Dragons and Undead. (Both due by October 31st)

GMBulbasaur

GameMaster: USA
GMBulbasaur
PostedJul 18, 2012 7:37 pm
This is awesome. Keep up the good work!

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedJul 18, 2012 7:40 pm
GMBulbasaur wrote:
This is awesome. Keep up the good work!  

Thank you~! :3

Flareous

Rank 4
Flareous
PostedJul 18, 2012 8:14 pm
good job derz :3

<br> Siggy and Avatar by Rabbittt :3

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedJul 22, 2012 10:28 am
Theme is up and first place prize is up Smile I'll throw in some other prizes if more people join Wink

Flareous

Rank 4
Flareous
PostedJul 22, 2012 11:26 am
hehe i reserve this spot for my entry if i get a chance to finish it lol [i should have time this week to write Smile] good luck to all applicants Smile

<br> Siggy and Avatar by Rabbittt :3

Godsman99

Rank 0
Godsman99
PostedJul 22, 2012 11:48 am
Reserved for my story of Zeus.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

90rdonbleu

Rank 0
90rdonbleu
PostedJul 23, 2012 5:54 am   Last edited by 90rdonbleu on Jul 29, 2012 10:21 am. Edited 9 times in total
In-game name: Caelifer

Characters:
Mort, Demon Poisoner

Fiona, Valkyrie

Cοckatrice

Selinestia

Story:

Clink, clink. It amazed Mort how quickly he’d adapted to being in a combat situation.

It barely took him any time at all to find a suitable hiding place anymore.

He’d found the perfect one, too- an appropriately large rock beneath the shade of a pine tree. A perfect balance of concealment and relative comfort. It didn’t take long until he heard the unmistakable sound of metal thudding into flesh. Mort peered out from behind his new favorite place as he heard the frantic squawks of the beast slowly fade to quiet.

The grass had been stomped flat in an awkward circle around the combatants. Fiona stood over the slain Cοckatrice, blade held firmly in one hand, shield strapped tightly to the other. The Valkyrie was breathing heavily, hair plastered to her forehead with sweat. Aside from a scratch on her shield and a few flecks of mud on her pristine white skirt, she appeared to have emerged from the fight unscathed.

“You can come out now, coward,” she called over to Mort, a hint of contempt in her voice that she made no effort to hide.

“I will not rise to such childish name-calling!” he sneered. Really, Mort couldn't deny it. He hated fighting. The last time they put a weapon in his hand he’d managed to nick himself and subsequently lose the blasted thing. That was why he chose to specialize in poisons, wasn’t it?

“Whatever. We’re moving on,” The Valkyrie shrugged as she wiped the blade clean. “Keep up, or don’t- I honestly don’t care.”

Ah yes, back to patrol. I cannot wait a moment longer! Let us not dally! When the angels had arrived in New Howlfang a week before, they found the place in shambles. The once peaceful town had clearly been ravaged by monsters. Sending teams out to patrol the highway had been the angel’s way of showing concern for the humans.

His hands were still trembling slightly as he clambered out from behind the large rock, his collection of vials jingling noisily inside his satchel. Clink, clink. The false halo shifted uncomfortably on his head, its weight a constant reminder of his servitude.

“Just give me a moment to collect the plumes from this specimen,” Mort said as he made his way over to the fallen beast. His quill scratched the item off his list of ingredients; a roll of parchment he carried with him always. He’d made one for every region, marking off reagents as he found them. Being assigned to patrol duty had been most helpful in this endeavor of his. Call it a hobby.

“You know, the venom in Cοckatrice feathers can be quite fatal if administered directly,” He continued. “I’ll need a minute to-”

If Fiona heard him she gave no indication. When he looked up from his list she had already started halfway down the highway.

“Partnering me with a demon?” she muttered, practically spitting the word. “Why Lady Selinestia spared that creature I’ll never know.”

Not quite out of earshot, my dear. Mort found he was frowning. He tried not to think about that day anymore, but it was hard to forget the day you should have died.

It was almost a year now, but the memories of the event haunted him still. The battlements overrun, a spear thrust into his hands. His protests as they shoved him to the frontlines. His surrender to the angelic flight in exchange for his life. He still wondered why the blue-clad angel hadn’t just run him through as he knelt pleading before her. Selinestia, was it? It would have been so simple, like a god swatting a fly.

In the demon hovels they often told stories of angels to scare good-natured children. In some stories, the angels would come to pluck the horns off of children while they slept if they didn’t misbehave. In others they could look into your eyes and see your most hidden thoughts. Perhaps she had seen something in me worth saving, then? Some redeeming quality in these sad, pathetic little eyes?

Instead now they have me poisoning my kin. Mort snorted. The path to redemption is honorable indeed.

Mort stepped gingerly around the Cοckatrice’s body, pausing briefly as he marveled at the creature; part-rooster, part-dragon. Magnificent. Two entities that couldn’t be more diferent, yet exist in one being. He felt the weight of the false halo shift again as he knelt, causing him to chuckle. Not very unlike myself. Hello, my scaly, feathery counterpart.

His eyes fell suddenly on the gaping wound in the beast’s neck where a sword had left its mark. Although it would appear Fiona was no bringer of mercy. Maybe in the next life, you’ll run into Selinestia instead. Mort grabbed a handful of feathers from the fallen beast and hurried after the Valkyrie.

Clink, clink.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Had to make a handful of edits because some of the paragraphs didn't line up well. I also had to fix the word "Cοckatrice" to bypass the censor filter.

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:58 pm
:3 Okies guys! It's Wednesday ;3 Just making a bump post xP