Amugi

Aeria: Product Manager
Amugi
PostedJul 11, 2012 12:55 pm   Last edited by Amugi on Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm. Edited 4 times in total

[UPDATED - In-game Event] COG Summer Games

~ 7/12 - 8/1 ~

Brand-new time-limited items including gold, silver and bronze medals will be added during the Olympic Games event which can be equipped by heroes on their special ninth equipment slot.

Note: Medals will count down once equipped for the first time.

UPDATE! Olympics Week 3 Content Added: The legendary COG Suits.
Start Time: After maintenance on July 25th

[Event] Summer Games of COG III - The legendary COG Suits
Details: The saboteurs of COG flames have stolen lots of Midsummer Night’s Suits! Brave warriors, defeat them and get back the treasures that belong to us.

• 1. Team fight the monsters to get treasures:
    a. Level 60 purple suit can be looted from 50-level demon guardians.
    b. Level 60 purple suit or Level 85 orange suit can be looted from 80-level demon
    guardians.
    c. Level 85 orange suit or Level 105 red suit can be looted from Level 105 demon
    guardians.

Midsummer Night’s Dream Suit

Midsummer Night’s Fantasy Suit

Midsummer Night’s Spark Suit

• 2. The red-quality “Midsummer Night’s Dream Suit” will be added into the normal transmutation.

• 3. The Midsummer Night’s Suit Pack will be added to the advanced wheel of fortune which
    includes a random part of the Midsummer Night’s Fantasy Suit.

Olympics Week 2 Content Added:
Start Time: After maintenance on July 18th

1. Championship of PVP
a. Medals for weekly Champion
Details: Those players who have entered top 4 in the Champions Cup of the Arena will be rewarded:
The first place will obtain 7-day Gold Medal*1.
The second place will obtain 7-day Silver Medal*1
The third and fourth places will obtain 7-day Bronze Medal*1

b. Bloodthirsty Killer of Alliance War
Details: The top 5 players who killed most enemies in the alliance war will be rewarded:
The first place will obtain 3-day Gold Medal*1.
The second place will obtain 3-day Silver Medal*1
The third to fifth places will obtain 3-day Bronze Medal*1

2. The Olympic Medals Pack will be added into the advanced wheel of fortune.
Details: The pack contains 7-day gold, silver and bronze medal each for one. You can even have a chance to obtain a reinforced 30-day gold medal from it.

[ Event I ] The torch relay
Part A Individual relay race
Start Time: July 12th

Players can click on the Button in the upper left corner of the game interface beginning at 0:00 every day. A progress bar for the daily torch relay will then turn up, which can be increased a set distance with every 10 Olympic Flames. When a player’s torch comes to the final destination, he/she will be rewarded randomly with a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal.

Part B (Relay race among races)

When any player from a race completes his daily Individual relay race, the total amount of torch relays of this player’s race will be increased by one. Each race’s total amount will be calculated at 0:00 every day. The race that has completed torch relay for most times that day will have its torch advanced by one step. Once any race’s torch has reached the level-30 neutral main city, the relay race among races ends.

This race then will be rewarded.

Rewards:All players from this race who have completed his/her own individual relay race at least once will get a 7-day Gold Medal.  

[ Event II ] King of PVE

a. Endurance race for Purgatory Abyss
The first five places in the competition for highest layer in purgatory Abyss will be rewarded with medals. If there is no one who climbs the purgatory abyss in a server, the rewards will be cancelled.
The first place: 3-day Gold Medal x 1
The second place: 3-day Silver Medal x 1
The third to fifth places: 3-day Bronze Medal x 1

b. Championship for most Olympic flames
The first five places in the championship for most Olympic flames will be rewarded with medals.
Note:The Olympic flames will be emptied from player’s inventory automatically at 0:00 every day.

c. Daily race of accumulating points for advanced transmutation
Transmute a purple item with advanced transmutation for 1 point, an orange item for 3 points, and a red item for 10 points. The five players who have obtained the highest points in each day will be rewarded.

d. Weekly race of accumulating points for advanced transmutation. The ten players who have obtained highest points by the end of each week will be rewarded.
The first place: 7-day Gold Medal x 2
The second to fourth places: 7-day Silver Medal x 2
The fifth to tenth places: 7-day Bronze Medal x 2

e. The Olympic championship for accumulating points
Spinning the advanced wheel of fortune once for 10 points
Spinning the normal wheel of fortune once for 1 point
Completing a dungeon once: Normal for 1 point, Nightmare for 2 points, and HellDungeon for 3 points
Using one Book of Astrology for 10 points
Recruiting a red hero for 10 points

The ten players who have obtained highest points of Olympic Games by the end of each week will be rewarded.

The first place: 7-day Gold Medal x 2
The second to fourth places: 7-day Silver Medal x 2
The fifth to tenth places: 7-day Bronze Medal x 2

Note: This “accumulating point” championship has nothing to do with our original score event. Hence, the points gained here will not be included in the Score Rank nor be used to purchase items in Score Shop.

[ Event III ] Defeat the guardian and retrieve the Olympic flames

Background:
A crowd of demon guardians from H-ell came and occupied the Altar of Olympic Flames in order to prevent the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. Brave warriors, wield your weapons, drive away those demons and let the Olympic flames be lit as scheduled.

During this event, players can challenge those demon guardians on level 30, 50, 80 and 105 maps. After defeating them, players will have a chance to get the Olympic Flames which can be used in the torch relay event and the Championship for most Olympic flames
Note:The Olympic flames will be emptied from player’s inventory automatically at 0:00 every day.  

[ Event IV ] Lucky Wheel
Star Time: July 12th

During this event, the 3-day Silver Medal x 2 will be added to the 5G Wheel of Fortune while 3-day Bronze Medal x 2 will be added to the free Wheel of Fortune.
Players will be presented with an extra normal wheel card if they spin the advanced wheel once. For spinning the normal wheel once, an extra card for free wheel will be offered.
Note:
Rewards will not be given for spinning the advanced or normal Wheel of Fortune with wheel
cards.

[ Event V ] Big giveaway of Olympic Flames

During this event, players will be offered a free Olympic Flame as long as they spend 5 gold in COG. For VIPs then it will be Olympic Flame x 1 if players spend 4 gold in COG, Olympic Flame x 2 for 8 gold and so on.
Tips:
1. The Olympic Flame is not sold for 4 or 5 gold but is given to players as an extra gift when players purchase items in shop, spin the wheel or transmute items etc. The only exception is that the gold spent in Auction House will not be included.
2. The Olympic flames will be emptied from player’s inventory automatically at 0:00 every day.

[ Event VI ] Marathon for daily signing in
Duration: From 12th July to 1st August

Sign in COG every day from the beginning of event for three weeks, and then win 7-day Gold Medal*1.
Note: If a player misses any day of the 21 days, then nothing will be offered to him/her.

Advertisement

Grawfdan

Rank 0
PostedJul 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Olympic Event

Background:
A crowd of demon guardians from H-ell came and occupied the Altar of Olympic Flames in order to prevent the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. Brave warriors, wield your weapons, drive away those demons and let the Olympic flames be lit as scheduled.

During this event, players can challenge those demon guardians on level 30, 50, 80 and 105 maps. After defeating them, players will have a chance to get the Olympic Flames which can be used in the torch relay event and the Championship for most Olympic flames

I did every space on Lv 50 and Lv 30. Nothing. No flame no nothing but green junk items. Guess I'm not part of this "event"....

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedJul 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Olympic Event

Grawfdan wrote:
I did every space on Lv 50 and Lv 30. Nothing. No flame no nothing but green junk items. Guess I'm not part of this "event"....  

We'll check in to this, thanks.

Tignus

Rank 0
Tignus
PostedJul 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Shocked i have spend more than 400g today and run demon boss then got 162 torch...
i have supply 100 then i have still 62 in inventory i can' use, i will lose them?

Groen62

Rank 0
PostedJul 13, 2012 5:09 am

Cannot find any flame either....
Grawfdan wrote:
Background:

DavidZ_91837

Rank 0
PostedJul 13, 2012 8:05 am
Yes, not sure why we lose them but i guess it is intended to get us to play for a long time each day versus load on any given day. The drop rates aren't conducive but it's one way to do it. Spent around 2 hours fighting the bosses only to get 20 yesterday.

GM_Hadouken

PostedJul 13, 2012 9:17 am

Groen62 wrote:
[/quote]

This was a bit of misunderstanding. The bosses are world bosses in those level maps, not in those dungeons.

Grawfdan

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2012 9:44 am

GM_Hadouken wrote:
Groen62 wrote:

This was a bit of misunderstanding. The bosses are world bosses in those level maps, not in those dungeons.[/quote]

So just where EXACTLY are these? Purgatory Abyss?

GM_Hadouken

PostedJul 14, 2012 9:54 am

Grawfdan wrote:
So just where EXACTLY are these? Purgatory Abyss?  

I'm not sure of the names of all of the maps, but for example, Razorwind Bridge is a level 30 area and there is a guardian boss there.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedJul 14, 2012 10:09 am

Boss Locations:

Level 30 - Chasm of Despair - Razorwind Bridge

Level 50 - Chaoshaven - Forge of Abaddon

Level 80 - Frozen Ossuary - Revenants' Ruins

Level 105 - War Fortress - West Barracks