Author Message

BluntObjection

Rank 0
BluntObjection
Joined
30 May 2009
Posts
115
Location
United States
PostedJul 09, 2012 7:09 pm
You actually think Ultima is indie and obscure?

Ha, do you even game?
Advertisement

Rabbittt

Rank 2
Rabbittt
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
727
Location
A 16gb partition in the United States
PostedJul 09, 2012 7:39 pm
Right now I'm weaving in between KillingFloor and a little bit of Breath of Death VII.

BluntObjection wrote:
I'm play some obscure indie game that you've no doubt never heard about and would never play because of the steep learning curve that would cause most of you to give up.  

So I take it you're playing IWBTB?
Or you know, some random Cactus game since sometimes he makes those things uber-hard.

NintenPyjak64

Rank 0
NintenPyjak64
Joined
28 Apr 2012
Posts
12
Location
koth_nucleus, United States
PostedJul 09, 2012 8:19 pm
Final Fantasy 14, The Binding of Issac, and an F2P game I can't mention.

I am kinglucario3
My account was hacked, so here I am.

BlackBerryTea

Rank 2
BlackBerryTea
Joined
30 Jul 2011
Posts
545
Location
Germany
PostedJul 10, 2012 2:22 am
That reminds me... i could play Minecraft again o.o
It was alot of fun ^^

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
Joined
04 Apr 2011
Posts
818
Location
United States
PostedJul 10, 2012 4:38 am
BluntObjection wrote:
You actually think Ultima is indie and obscure?

Ha, do you even game?  


It was a joke, but thanks for ruining the mood.

I make no Rupaulogies.

UnluckyOrpheus

Rank 3
UnluckyOrpheus
Joined
20 Dec 2008
Posts
1406
Location
San Marcos United States
PostedJul 10, 2012 5:40 am
BluntObjection wrote:
I'm play some obscure indie game that you've no doubt never heard about and would never play because of the steep learning curve that would cause most of you to give up.  

BluntObjection wrote:
You actually think Ultima is indie and obscure?

Ha, do you even game?  



Acelis - Free Knights Whipper (Want to make me a neat-looking signature? I know you do. Please don't hesitate.)

OnlySilver

Rank 1
OnlySilver
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Posts
285
Location
In Another Derpy Love Story Canada
PostedJul 10, 2012 8:43 am
right now im playing 2 f2p games i can't say and bf3

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
Joined
22 Apr 2011
Posts
544
Location
Germany
PostedJul 10, 2012 9:21 am
Currently playing Atelier Meruru on PS3...and PSO2 on japanese server :3

BluntObjection

Rank 0
BluntObjection
Joined
30 May 2009
Posts
115
Location
United States
PostedJul 10, 2012 10:34 am
UnluckyOrpheus wrote:
-snip-  


Says the guy with the incredibly hipster avatar.

Anyway, indie games, nor obscure games were never hipster. The hipster subculture is defined by so called "unique" fashions as well as alternative/indie music, and alternative lifestyles.

In a gaming sense, indie games are enjoyed by every subgroup/culture, from grandmas to hardcore gamers, indie games are incredibly popular from dwarf fortress to minecraft to angry birds, to farmville. Just about anyone has played or currently plays an indie game. Even when talking about obscure games, its more fitting to classify individuals who play them as a hardcore gamers, rather than hipsters. Not to say, a hipster can't be a hardcore gamer or anything. But implying that either indie or obscure games, or both is a hipster trait is purely ignorant.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
Joined
04 Apr 2011
Posts
818
Location
United States
PostedJul 10, 2012 11:35 am
BluntObjection wrote:
UnluckyOrpheus wrote:
-snip-  


Says the guy with the incredibly hipster avatar.

Anyway, indie games, nor obscure games were never hipster. The hipster subculture is defined by so called "unique" fashions as well as alternative/indie music, and alternative lifestyles.

In a gaming sense, indie games are enjoyed by every subgroup/culture, from grandmas to hardcore gamers, indie games are incredibly popular from dwarf fortress to minecraft to angry birds, to farmville. Just about anyone has played or currently plays an indie game. Even when talking about obscure games, its more fitting to classify individuals who play them as a hardcore gamers, rather than hipsters. Not to say, a hipster can't be a hardcore gamer or anything. But implying that either indie or obscure games, or both is a hipster trait is purely ignorant.  


Teach me how to be way too serious, sensei.

I make no Rupaulogies.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: