Setenta

Rank 1
Setenta
PostedJul 08, 2012 10:49 am
conspiracyofone wrote:
Setenta wrote:
How many people did you see, doing full PC hardware upgrade every 3 to 4 years? Most people only upgrades certain part of PC just to fulfill the requirement of a certain games.  

...You do know that you ONLY need to upgrade those certain components? o.o  

Yes I know. I'm saying 7 years old hardware is not a bad thing. The latest and greatest PC from 7 years back is still in the 'mid-tier' performance nowadays. So... saying console is a bad thing just because it runs on 7 years old hardware is kinda wrong.

Photobucket</a>
Advertisement

sanjayvishal

Rank 3
sanjayvishal
PostedJul 22, 2012 7:09 am
Actually I have used lots of consoles for playing good games, but I would definitely prefer PC because its customizable!

AlabasterJones

Rank 3
AlabasterJones
PostedJul 24, 2012 9:44 pm
Setenta wrote:
SkyRaven91 wrote:
I hate today's console design. Consoles like the Xbox and PS3 are just as powerful as a real computer, and because they are just as powerful, they overheat dramatically.  

This only apply on the old model of Xbox 360. The new Xbox 360 and PS3 (old and new, YLOD is rarely happens) does not suffer from overheat unless if you put it on an oven or something. But if you really put in an oven... nothing can survive that... not even a PC.

It's not like I hate PC. I just hate spending time doing maintenance. Windows is a very... 'fragile'. Don't get it? Read my previous post.

EDIT:
AlabasterJones wrote:
the current "next gen" consoles are all running 7-year old hardware, and this is unreasonable.  

How many people did you see, doing full PC hardware upgrade every 3 to 4 years? Most people only upgrades certain part of PC just to fulfill the requirement of a certain games.
7 years old software is unreasonable, but not 7 years old hardware.  

I don't see the logics in your post, if you're a consoler, you HAVE to wait 6-7 years for a new set up, whereas you can upgrade a PC with like one piece a year and still have it cheaper than consoles. Like G-card one year, RAM the next, Mobo the third, Processor the fourth, it really doesn't add up to a huge amount of cash per year.

BASTER.YM1* THE SIGNATURE IS WRONG

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedAug 27, 2012 11:45 am
Personally I prefer PC over my consoles. A lot of the games that I had bought, I end up re-buying for pc at some time or another. Main reason...

GAME MODDING!

-Retired.

YourSta1ker

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Meh

Honestly it all depends on the game.

AlabasterJones

Rank 3
AlabasterJones
PostedSep 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Meh

YourSta1ker wrote:

What can you play on a console that you can't on a PC? Except for the exclusives for both parts.

BASTER.YM1* THE SIGNATURE IS WRONG

YourSta1ker

Rank 0
PostedSep 06, 2012 8:18 am

AlabasterJones wrote:
YourSta1ker wrote:

What can you play on a console that you can't on a PC? Except for the exclusives for both parts.  

Depending on the game the controls could just feel wrong and awkward. For certain games its either one or the other.

birry1988

Rank 0
birry1988
PostedSep 06, 2012 9:44 am
i couldn't choose between the 2 of them, grafix on a decent pc are great. but then again the grfaix on today's consoles are getting better and better i just cant wait for a new console to come out and see what there grafix are like there are plus side's for both so its a hard one Smile

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedSep 06, 2012 10:44 am

YourSta1ker wrote:
AlabasterJones wrote:
YourSta1ker wrote:

Depending on the game the controls could just feel wrong and awkward. For certain games its either one or the other.  

3 words: Controller to PC

Anyway, PC's are clearly superior in every way. Not only do you have more options for the controls but you get better response times (The reason there are no cross-platform FPS's). You also get more updates and better graphics. My computer is easily twice as powerful as the current gen systems and is probably more powerful then the next gen ones. Plus some games just work better on a mouse I mean have you tried playing starcraft 64? (there's a reason it was one of the ONLY PC RTS"s to be released to console)

YourSta1ker

Rank 0
PostedSep 06, 2012 6:18 pm

marksteele wrote:
YourSta1ker wrote:
AlabasterJones wrote:
YourSta1ker wrote:

3 words: Controller to PC

Anyway, PC's are clearly superior in every way. Not only do you have more options for the controls but you get better response times (The reason there are no cross-platform FPS's). You also get more updates and better graphics. My computer is easily twice as powerful as the current gen systems and is probably more powerful then the next gen ones. Plus some games just work better on a mouse I mean have you tried playing starcraft 64? (there's a reason it was one of the ONLY PC RTS"s to be released to console)  

This is also coming from someone who cant afford to build a gaming pc to play highend games on. So i kinda have to take console over PC because i havent been able to try most games on my PC.