conspiracyofone

Rank 2
conspiracyofone
PostedJul 06, 2012 1:23 pm
I have both. Console and PC. PC is way better in some games. Like FPS. Dedicated servers, more players, custom maps, etc, etc. And playing RTS on console? HAHAHAHAHAHA. Also, games like skyrim - way better on PC. How many mods are there on PS3 for skyrim? Yeah. Also some games have better graphics on PC, if you can afford to buy a rig that can run them. And I don't think I even need to get started on MMORPGS and f2p games.

On other hand, when was the last time EA released a NHL game on PC? was it back in 2008? I've always felt more comfortable playing Sports games on consoles anyway. And platformers. That many platformers don't even get released on PC anyways. And because japanese are more into consoles, may of the jrpgs, beat 'em ups, samurai and ninja games and stuff like that never see a release on PC.

"But it's too expensive to get a PC that can play games". Geeez, don't give me that crap. If you have a PC anyway, you can get the components you need for the price of a game console. If you don't need to run games on ultra graphics, you are more than okay with GPU and CPU you get for that price.

So, I will call it a draw. 50-50. Some games feel better on PC and some games feel better on console. Or maybe 40-60 for PC. But still, play on which ever you want, but don't come yapping your mouth to me about which one is better.

What is best on my opinion? Old Neo Geo. Nothing better than that.
Advertisement

SkyRaven91

Rank 0
SkyRaven91
PostedJul 06, 2012 1:55 pm
There is NO correct answer to this. This completely depends on the genre of games someone prefers to play. If someone prefers something like Final Fantasy, then they would want to buy a console. But for something like WoW and Starcraft they would prefer a PC, especially if they're very tech savvy.

I hate today's console design. Consoles like the Xbox and PS3 are just as powerful as a real computer, and because they are just as powerful, they overheat dramatically. There is a very, VERY good reason why mid-range or higher desktop gaming computers are as bulky as they are. The faster hardware gets the more heat it will produce, so they disparately need airflow. The PS3 and Xbox console design sucks simply because they have no proper airflow or heat dissipation what-so-ever.

Now, performance on the game depends on how the game was programmed. If the fps on a console game sucks, don't blame the console or the game, but blame the programmers for poorly optimizing the code for the type of computing architecture a specific console uses. This is why you DO NOT play a game game designed for the Xbox, like Dragon Age, on the PS3. The Xbox 360 is designed for heavy GPU utilization whereas the PS3 is designed for heavy CPU utilization. It depends which of the two the game is designed to use more intensely. This is normally why exported games suck on different hardware, unless they're going from a console to a PC. PC hardware is constantly updating, upgrading, and expanding so it has a very dynamic range of suitable coding variations.

conspiracyofone

Rank 2
conspiracyofone
PostedJul 06, 2012 3:09 pm
SkyRaven91 wrote:
This is normally why exported games suck on different hardware, unless they're going from a console to a PC. PC hardware is constantly updating, upgrading, and expanding so it has a very dynamic range of suitable coding variations.  

Eh, I have seen quite a few console to PC ports that have been horrific at best.

Miggoh.PG1 @_@

Blues22475

Rank 5
PostedJul 06, 2012 3:17 pm
SkyRaven91 wrote:
There is NO correct answer to this. This completely depends on the genre of games someone prefers to play. If someone prefers something like Final Fantasy, then they would want to buy a console. But for something like WoW and Starcraft they would prefer a PC, especially if they're very tech savvy.  

+1 Consoles are for people who would just prefer to play games and not have to worry about the technical aspects of it (how do you think consoles are popular?). People with PC's are willing to get their hands a little dirty, but the end-result can be very much worth it.

Me? PC Gaming. Also, this I hope this thread didn't spout off that little argument in the SB...

Setenta

Rank 1
Setenta
PostedJul 06, 2012 4:38 pm
SkyRaven91 wrote:
I hate today's console design. Consoles like the Xbox and PS3 are just as powerful as a real computer, and because they are just as powerful, they overheat dramatically.  

This only apply on the old model of Xbox 360. The new Xbox 360 and PS3 (old and new, YLOD is rarely happens) does not suffer from overheat unless if you put it on an oven or something. But if you really put in an oven... nothing can survive that... not even a PC.

It's not like I hate PC. I just hate spending time doing maintenance. Windows is a very... 'fragile'. Don't get it? Read my previous post.

EDIT:
AlabasterJones wrote:
the current "next gen" consoles are all running 7-year old hardware, and this is unreasonable.  

How many people did you see, doing full PC hardware upgrade every 3 to 4 years? Most people only upgrades certain part of PC just to fulfill the requirement of a certain games.
7 years old software is unreasonable, but not 7 years old hardware.

yeshuasdrummer

Rank 0
yeshuasdrummer
PostedJul 06, 2012 9:44 pm
PC Gaming...I sold all my Console games xDD

prism_0

Rank 0
prism_0
PostedJul 07, 2012 2:05 am
Both have certain advantages.

Console-
Good-
-made specifically for games so typically runs fluidly
-control layouts tend to carry from one to the next
-no install and more focus-able help(if there is a problem, your likely not the first)
Bad-
-if something is wrong inside, parts(as far as I know) are not usually sold individually and some systems are more complicated. Example: In my computer class, we got a client who wanted us to fix their Xbox360, we had to order a kit just to open it.
-do to controller use, number of control and control versatility is downed a bit
-if a certain part is broken, you may have to replace the system entirely

PC-
Good-
-if PC is built with the proper parts, it can run just s well a the console if not better
-mods and updates are more readily available to add versatility/function to the games
-keyboard=more buttons=more control capability Example: In Grand Fantasia, you can use the number keys to activate skills
-if something is wrong with a part of the computer's hardware/software, you can buy replacement parts as needed/you can download software items to update your software
Bad-
-if not built right, won't run as well as a console
-installation and set up process can take time
-viruses can cause problems for computer as a whole
-more complicated, certain programs can clash or certain problems may not have easy peesy fixes

I have a Wii, several computer games, and have used my friends Xbox360. I have seen both PCs and consoles in action and would have to say that neither is better. Consoles can run better than PC's because they are designed specifically for the games, but a properly built PC can run better and has more efficient internet capabilities. It mostly depends on your own preferences as both methods also tend to have the same costs. I have CoD:MW3 and much prefer using the Wii remote to aim rather than the 360 controller. I have a VERY difficult time imagining a real time strategy game on a console, but know it's SOMEHOW possible, albeit probably a little difficult.

As with anything, there are certain trade-offs. All you need to do is check what your getting, think about how YOU want to play, buy accordingly, and most importantly, have fun with your games. Very Happy

byronkrobars3

Rank 3
byronkrobars3
PostedJul 07, 2012 9:29 am
certain games and genres are better on console/pc it works both ways. <--- this is all opinion BTW nobody can be right or wrong.

(im not saying all genres are better on console, im not saying santa wears a tutu, im not saying elvis is still alive so take this a pre-emptive STFU, you know who you are)

conspiracyofone

Rank 2
conspiracyofone
PostedJul 08, 2012 2:28 am
Setenta wrote:
How many people did you see, doing full PC hardware upgrade every 3 to 4 years? Most people only upgrades certain part of PC just to fulfill the requirement of a certain games.  

...You do know that you ONLY need to upgrade those certain components? o.o

Miggoh.PG1 @_@

MurderLiao

Rank 0
PostedJul 08, 2012 10:18 am

Depends

Depends on what type game your playing.