Author Message

boweezie10

Rank 4
boweezie10
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
1816
Location
behind you punk United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 3:25 am

Attk type Warriors FTW?

I've been doing some research for I am interested in becoming an attack type warrior but I see lots of comments saying its not the best since while you can do some damage you don't have much defence so what's the point in having power if your defense is weak. I read that the attack class was not the way it should be like the hits were debugged or something and so attack type warriors were easily wiped out and so the Lime creators are going to fix it. I'm not changingyind about being an attack type but do you guys think its worth sticking around for? I hear most people will choose the defense side but I want to stick with the offensive.

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

powerofwii

Rank 0
powerofwii
Joined
20 Jan 2011
Posts
112
Location
Rotterdam, behind a trashcan Netherlands
PostedJul 05, 2012 7:18 am
Hmmm, your right, a atk type tank should have some def. So now it actually reminds me of the Blademaster (of DoMo). But i think u should wait for a new alpha or the CBT to test it out :/

Guild leader of [IceCreamSociety]

koager

Rank 3
koager
Joined
07 Dec 2008
Posts
1337
Location
in my own little world United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 11:26 am
It's called balancing. You trade off defense for attack power. By building a DPS type warrior, you are no longer expected to be the frontline tank and take hits, instead you'll be alongside the thieves trying to dish out as much damage as you can. If DPS warriors had as much defense as a true tank, no one would even bother playing that route then.

boweezie10

Rank 4
boweezie10
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
1816
Location
behind you punk United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

CannibalSmurf

Rank 0
CannibalSmurf
Joined
13 Jun 2011
Posts
81
Location
Noble, OK United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 3:52 pm
boweezie10 wrote:
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?  


Technically speaking, unless you pump all your points into the Attack tree and completely ignore the Defense tree, it' a hybrid.

boweezie10

Rank 4
boweezie10
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
1816
Location
behind you punk United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 5:28 pm
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?  


Technically speaking, unless you pump all your points into the Attack tree and completely ignore the Defense tree, it' a hybrid.  


O_o what? Hybrids are those that only put skill points onto one tree?

Fear is the path to the darkside... and they're all scared sh!tless

CannibalSmurf

Rank 0
CannibalSmurf
Joined
13 Jun 2011
Posts
81
Location
Noble, OK United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 6:33 pm
boweezie10 wrote:
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?  


Technically speaking, unless you pump all your points into the Attack tree and completely ignore the Defense tree, it' a hybrid.  


O_o what? Hybrids are those that only put skill points onto one tree?  


No no no, you misunderstand. If you put points into both trees, it's considered a hybrid, i.e. a mixture of the two.

If you pump ALL your points into one tree (let's say you choose the Attack tree), then you'd be considered a "pure" Attack Warrior.

boweezie10

Rank 4
boweezie10
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
1816
Location
behind you punk United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 6:42 pm
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?  


Technically speaking, unless you pump all your points into the Attack tree and completely ignore the Defense tree, it' a hybrid.  


O_o what? Hybrids are those that only put skill points onto one tree?  


No no no, you misunderstand. If you put points into both trees, it's considered a hybrid, i.e. a mixture of the two.

If you pump ALL your points into one tree (let's say you choose the Attack tree), then you'd be considered a "pure" Attack Warrior.  


Oh ok, my initial thoughts. Hmm.. so it is not good to fill up on Armour mastery and Magic resistance then pump everything else into attk? Nice sig btw.

CannibalSmurf

Rank 0
CannibalSmurf
Joined
13 Jun 2011
Posts
81
Location
Noble, OK United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 6:57 pm
boweezie10 wrote:
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
CannibalSmurf wrote:
boweezie10 wrote:
Oh alright Very Happy. Is it cool if I filled in points for armour mastery and magic resistance then put everything into attack? That wouldn't count as being hybrid would it?  


Technically speaking, unless you pump all your points into the Attack tree and completely ignore the Defense tree, it' a hybrid.  


O_o what? Hybrids are those that only put skill points onto one tree?  


No no no, you misunderstand. If you put points into both trees, it's considered a hybrid, i.e. a mixture of the two.

If you pump ALL your points into one tree (let's say you choose the Attack tree), then you'd be considered a "pure" Attack Warrior.  


Oh ok, my initial thoughts. Hmm.. so it is not good to fill up on Armour mastery and Magic resistance then pump everything else into attk? Nice sig btw.  


It's not bad if you do it that way. Here's a build I tried to make, focusing on Armour Mastery and getting the best DPS you can get. I avoided Battle Axe Mastery because I believe that two-handed swords give much better DPS. And I didn't get Rage Boost because I thought Fury sounded much better in my opinion. The free point can be saved, or go wherever you want.

And thanks. X3 I made it myself. I'm trying to practice my skills at Photoshop. xD

boweezie10

Rank 4
boweezie10
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
1816
Location
behind you punk United States
PostedJul 05, 2012 7:57 pm
You can use the extra point on rage lvl2. I just put up two of my attack warrior setups. One focused mainly on attack and another with attack and more defense. Please tell me which you'd prefer to go with if you would. The links are in the warrior class intro last page.

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: