Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Major Bug/Game Fixes Needed Immediately

MAP LAG. Partition off the map, make it so that there are arrows to move around the map. It also later on gives one the ability to expand planets. Planet maps should be partitioned off by a 20 by 20 map grid ratio. It's easier for a game to load a 20 by 20 map grid than it is a 100 by 100 or a 200 by 200 map grid. The only map that should show the entire planet, whether it remains square or becomes circle will be the small screen on the bottom left. This is a simple programming fix and design and would be the easiest to help players hide, load maps, and play. Arrow Keys and click on sections in a map can bring up the map sections on a planet. Not much different than the solar system or galaxy map.

Solar Lance damage is at 10-17% of where it should be. It needs to be fixed. Compared to military missiles or other weapons, solar lances are extremely weak from where they should be and what the game says it is. It could be a simple programming mistake where the wrong variables were put in.

Solar Lances and most of cap ships ignoring other ships and focusing on fighters when it clearly stats they focus on all other ships before they focus on fighters.

Why are the Supremacy Stars still not open? Colony Ship was supposed to allow us the ability to get to them, but they're still not added in after a year or so and was wondering if they had a block as to how to implement them or what. If so we have the brain power in aeria to help them resolve that quickly.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."
Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 02, 2012 2:03 am
Tested it earlier in arena vs frag's battleships, same results and this is including 115% increase in damage from commander, weapon boost, and tech. Solar lance calculations or information are messed up somewhere and should be checked.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

OlivierM_94212

Rank 0
PostedJul 04, 2012 1:41 am
Hey all Smile

i just follow Oberonu with bug list. Please can you fix all that bugs ?

FrAg !

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 04, 2012 2:38 am
They should be able to fix the solar lance issue. It's all in where they put the variables and calculations and making sure they're right. Same with the aim by checking aiming priorities and structures. Those they could fix in an hour or two max if well documented and structured. The map load bug and partitioning them will be a much more labor and time intensive project, but definitely work it now and in the long run for them. It'll save them a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in the future and resolve the map lag and slow/no loading bugs. But thanks Frags and I pointed you here when you were talking about the map lag bug just a bit ago. lol

OlivierM_94212

Rank 0
PostedJul 05, 2012 11:51 pm
hi all Smile

i found something we could call it a bug when making team for attak a fortress .

for exemple: i create a team with 3 partners. on my side ill use my 5 red comm and send them on fortress.
once fight over ; i want to get back my commanders , so i go in team menu , i select my 3/3 team and click my name to quit it.
the team disepear from my team list , but appears now in team list , so i select my old team 2/3 and make rejoin a poor commander. this commander will instantly in fort , no travel time.

i love this , but its bug...

another one bug found is, if you use equiment during a fight and if you quit battle just after and return immediatly in , equiments become availaible again...

FrAg !

PS: if this post not at the correct place ,plz move it Smile

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 06, 2012 12:13 pm
It seems what is causing the map bug is the size of the map and it trying to process a lot of information for a single map. Unlike a colony which processes only the information of a 10-15 by 10-15 square, the map is trying to process a 100+ by 100+ information with a lot of fleets moving around. Also unlike colonies which show you everything, it seems the maps are trying to process fleet movements, fleet direction, fleet powers, and so on while trying to display the correct player the right information while hiding everyone else's information through multiple checks and balance, causing the map to lag exponentially the more activity there is.

By breaking up the maps into sections, removing the "click her to accelerate" on the minimap, and having only the minimap show that part of the world should greatly reduce map lag since then the maps will be processed individually and have less feedback issues per map section as compared to the map as a whole. It's easier to display your colonies, enemy colonies, your fleet in the section, and more while hiding enemy fleets in section for a 20 by 20 or 25 by 25 than it is something 4-5 times larger. This also gives the developers the freedom to make larger maps and more adaptability on the maps.