karen149

Rank 0
PostedJun 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Serious Seng imbalance

I've been introduced to the Sengolia Battlefields lately, and I've noticed that players are mentioning that there is a huge problem in how stats are 'balanced' to make things fair. Every time I go in (Knight, BTW), I always have to cross my fingers and hope that I'm on the same side as the high-level players. If not, then the team I'm on is screwed by default. The Battlefield Balance buff does nothing to alleviate this problem for me (maybe for most people, too).

It becomes a totally futile effort to try when you know the other side has the de facto players that win Seng no matter what, and I see people just sitting at the entrance and waiting for the crystal to be destroyed for that reason. Would we stand a better chance if they participated as well? I don't know, but I do know we don't stand a chance if 50% of the team quits from the get go.

I'm not familiar with how stats work in Crystal Saga since I'm relatively new, but a lot of players are saying that Mages and Priests have the greatest advantage in Seng, with Rogues and Rangers floating around in second place. As a Knight player, I'm dead last when it comes to stats and combat abilities, and there's no way for me to rack up honor and kill streaks when I'm constantly being PK'ed by distant attacks from Mages, Rangers and Priests.

Perhaps buffing our running speed could help make Seng go by faster as well, but that's a random suggestion.

The point is that I don't enjoy worrying about whether or not I'm going to be on the same team as the high-level players. I want to be part of a team and fight on equal grounds, regardless of my class and level. A few suggestions I've seen include separating Seng by level tiers (30-39, 40-49, 50-59, etc.), and my own idea is keeping them apart by classes (Knight, Ranger, Priest, Mage, Rogue) although the second idea seems like a long stretch.

I might just be someone else bellyaching about Seng, but I really don't like the way it's set up now. Oh, and don't tell me, "Then don't play if you don't like it," because I need badges and honor no matter what.
Advertisement

SnowyEmpress

Rank 0
PostedJun 29, 2012 4:41 pm
I agree is full, this is becoming so annoying.
Why not have level tiers for Sengolia, so it's more fair all around. Then the high level guys would have to fight with each other.
Or split it so a level 50 goes blue, the other level 50 goes red so we are balanced at least.

And perhaps let there be a blue chat and a red chat? That could make things more interesting.

NRGDJ

Rank 0
NRGDJ
PostedJun 29, 2012 6:17 pm
seng isnt about the short game in order to stand a chance you need to lvl just like everyone else i play a knight tank myself and almost lv70 mortal and yes i have issues still but i get kills more often then not at some point everyone will be a max lvl character so wont matter much then for now you just have to stick it out

Crystal Saga: Eidolon:(S1)DJ AvA: DJMFT Wolfteam: NRGDJMFT http://www.xfire.com/profile/DJMFT

Bluskye

Rank 1
Bluskye
PostedJun 29, 2012 7:12 pm
The idea of level tiers is a good one! I wouldn't want a class split, it would take a lot of excitement away but splitting levels up would help the balancing a bit.

karen149

Rank 0
PostedJun 29, 2012 7:40 pm
NRGDJ wrote:
seng isnt about the short game in order to stand a chance you need to lvl just like everyone else i play a knight tank myself and almost lv70 mortal and yes i have issues still but i get kills more often then not at some point everyone will be a max lvl character so wont matter much then for now you just have to stick it out  

True, I'll reach a higher level myself like everyone else does eventually. But it's an easy turn-off to put in the effort when you know it's the same people who'll just kick your butt each and every time, no questions asked.

Avlno

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2012 11:51 am
On the Seng scale rogues come last
if a rogue doesnt hit 2k attack outside of seng
inside they're stuck with 6-6.5k attack
unlike ranger who auto gets 7.5k
lol

MyDarkDemise

Rank 0
MyDarkDemise
PostedJul 23, 2012 5:05 pm
Yeah, myself being one of those OP guys in Seng, it's rather boring when the other team quits. Even though it's just equally as frustrating as when the whole team gets together and attacks one person. I also propose an AFK kick after 30 or so seconds but also a way to re-enter, because I've gone AFK a few times due to lack of interest. But it also sucks when your team AFKs and no matter how strong you are, if it's like 25 against one, the odds are against you.

danemat1

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2012 5:09 pm
When server starts, and no one have savage gears, it is pretty unbalanced. As soon as people get pvp gears, the seng balance seems to be fair. Plus, each seng have 2 instances. If you want to avoid seng 1, wait few mins until try to enter seng.

TheTrueFenix

Rank 0
TheTrueFenix
PostedJul 24, 2012 6:18 pm
LOL...truth be told...Current Situation in Server 1.

Dont want to be at a lesser advantage? Level your toon, Level your honor. Greater the pvp gear, greater your stats will become.

At this point...Seng 2 is used for the higher lvl players to farm the lowers and usually as of date lasts almost 4x as long...If i were you, I would opt out of Seng 2 and participate in Seng 1. You may be at a disadvantage, but trust me, you dont want to be farmed for honor in Seng 2. So just enter Seng1 get you, your little honor and xp if ur team can kill a tower or two, and be happy your still progressing. Sure it's annoying lol. I've come to enjoy both Instances, not because i am op and kill everyone...quite frankly I'm not. But i've come to the realization nothing will be done about Seng imbalances, so posts like these, which are a dime a dozen on the forums doesn't really solve anything..it would have been just as benificial to post a reply in one of the many other posts about sengolia. Well, good gaming friends and happy trails.

zygopetalum

Rank 0
zygopetalum
PostedJul 28, 2012 10:23 am
they can't balance seng, because to do that would mean removing crystal revive and afk and if r2 haven't done that in all this time, there is little chance aeria will. get savage pvp set asap.