AvianD

Rank 0
PostedJun 22, 2012 4:29 pm
Your speaking the point I had tried to make easier... I'm thinking its simply due to probably one of a couple points one being the coding issue as mentioned prior.. another could be Apple is a huge numberbrand and what a better way to advertise and creat anticipation by using such... another being that it could be easier to sort thru feedback with fewer people dropping responses all of which are possibilities how ever it could be all of or even other underlying issues..
Advertisement

Flareous

Rank 4
Flareous
PostedJun 22, 2012 4:33 pm
GDLJ1988 wrote:
gmmaru wrote:
We hope to have an android version in the future. Many mobile games that come out are launched on only one platform for starters, as it is a lot of extra work to launch two versions at the same time.  

why always apple products? android is used by ALOT more people all over the world then apple's iphone/ipod/ipad... in real i know maybe 3-4 people that got an apple product and other 200 got androids lol  

AvianD wrote:
Your speaking the point I had tried to make easier... I'm thinking its simply due to probably one of a couple points one being the coding issue as mentioned prior.. another could be Apple is a huge numberbrand and what a better way to advertise and creat anticipation by using such... another being that it could be easier to sort thru feedback with fewer people dropping responses all of which are possibilities how ever it could be all of or even other underlying issues..  

maru already said they hope to have an android version in the future.

your also basing a statistic on who you know. where i am there are more apple products than anything and more and more people are getting them over android devices in my area.

being that said. apple OS on phones have been around before Android and has a bigger market. releasing only on an apple OS means they only have to deal with version firmwares.

from what i know it requires IOS 4.3+ meaning itouch 1, itouch 2, iphone, and iphone 3g users are out of luck. so only iphone 3gS, 4, 4s, itouch3, 4, and ipad users can play this game.

BUT: if all of them are running IOS 4.3+ then they can run it. but with alllllll the androids out there with so many different roms and firmwares and all the custom firmwares/upgrades for you rooters out there, it would be a bigger challenge for them to start with the Droid OS then the Apple OS considering they have to make the game compatible with all of them at once.

unless you only want it on a specific OS for droid pick one: cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, or ice cream sandwich....

then everyone on the other OS of android as well as the apple users are out of luck...

rather just do IOS right? lol

this is just my thoughts on the matter. but it seems to make the most sense to me anyways. so just wait it out man. its more complicated that said. everyone is doing their best. this isnt an attack im just trying to explain the best i can for you so you dont have any animosity towards AGE or anyone of the team.

ty for your time.

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedJun 22, 2012 5:16 pm
Flareous explained very well. This is just a text adding more info about the iOS vs Android

GDLJ1988 wrote:
gmmaru wrote:
We hope to have an android version in the future. Many mobile games that come out are launched on only one platform for starters, as it is a lot of extra work to launch two versions at the same time.  

why always apple products? android is used by ALOT more people all over the world then apple's iphone/ipod/ipad... in real i know maybe 3-4 people that got an apple product and other 200 got androids lol  

You want a short answer for "why always apple products?" ?
The answer is: "Standards".

Now let's think about this:

First, the devices:
iPod, iPhone and iPad on "iPhone compatibility mode".

The current support is for the ones that support iOS 4.3+ and up (That is, 3GS+, iPod 3rd Gen+, iPads). And the people who actually buy apps, normally are in, if not latest version, one near the latest version. This because some apps have version requeriments (AND because iTunes annoy the sh!t out of you to update every time you turn it on).

Back to devices:
They all have the same screen size (or exactly 2x of it for the retina ones, but the retina still run the 1x verson equally), processors are good, have a good amount of RAM, and of course - SAME OS. When i say same OS, i mean they use the one and only iOS, made by Apple.

And ALL of this is made by Apple. Hardware, software.

Now let's see the Androids:
Android is only the OS. The core is made by Google, but except by Nexus', all other Androids out there were totally changed and branded by the manufactor companies like LG, Motorola, HTC, etc.

Not only the software changes were made. Each device itself has a different processor power, different amount of RAM, different screen sizes.
And they are REALLY different, ranging from little 240x320 to 800x1280 and above (android tablets even bigger). And worse than that, TONS of different Android versions.. 1.6 up to 4.XX and all of them still a lot used, mostly because manufactors do NOT release upgrades or if release something, it's just a +.1 and then nothing else.

Therefore to release an Android app, you need to have a lot of devices to test with lots of screen sizes to test (android emulator can help but it's annoying because takes time to boot), lot's of OS versions to test and after that, create "patch codes" to fix each bug for each different OS or screen size.

I worked for the last 3 years only with mobile websites and apps and android is a pain to make things. Really. Even the same OS version can make apps behave differently depending of the modifications made by manufactors and the mix of different CPU+RAM.

I bet Aeria is already on the move to release an Android version, but different from iOS, i bet they might release different versions or just cut out lower versions and work only with 3.x+.

Hope this helps you understand how difficult android is compared to ios. It's not apple-love, it's a matter of time producing.

ps.: woah, wall post.