Economist_X

Rank 3
Economist_X
PostedJun 22, 2012 1:08 am   Last edited by Economist_X on Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am. Edited 2 times in total

Comprehensive Tome drop list

Complete?
Before posting/asking questions, click this link.
It has every drop location of every tome, as well as a general idea description of what each does.
Now then;

So, I'm sure some of you have figured out that there are new skills you can only acquire via tome's, which are exclusively mob drops.
As it stands, there is an "incomplete"(though I don't ever expect this to be 100% complete) and also slightly unconfirmed/sketchy due to translation drop list that can be found here.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is going to be confirming everything so people don't end up having to farm for hours only to end up getting the wrong skill, as well as giving players more options of what they want to farm.

For ease of use, I'm going to be updating everything on a google document that can be found here after I have a 100% confirmation of something dropping from something specific(which means for now my list is vastly smaller, it'll be growing rapidly over the next few days/week though).

So discuss, ask questions, etc. and feel free to contribute. I'm going to have to manually go through these myself anyway, but finding out a general idea of where or what something might drop would still be of good help.

Proper credit goes to AKFrost for a nice huge list to start off of as well as the general idea to do this.
Advertisement

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedJun 22, 2012 1:20 am
For DS tomes:
_The second skill (the passive skill) localized name is Riposte not Cruelty. I can confirm that the purple sand bug in Golden Sandbar drops this.
_The first skill I found in MPT. The guide said that mobs from 1st boss to 2nd boss drop this. However, I found it on my way to first boss (Gaeus).

Economist_X

Rank 3
Economist_X
PostedJun 22, 2012 1:23 am   Last edited by Economist_X on Jun 23, 2012 9:02 am. Edited 6 times in total
Yeah I'm working on changing skill names to their proper localization right now as well as adding things, I just put this up before doing so(I mostly just copied and slightly edited AKFrost's list for typesetting for now).

And yeah, I'm going to need to check on a lot of specifics for dungeon mobs. They seem sort of... Erratic.

-edit-

Update: Every skill now also has more than one field mob option to farm. And, again, every one of them is 100% confirmed. Happy hunting/etc.
I'll be updating more as I check through things.

-edit2-

Actually, I'm just going to make this my status post.
Maps:
APR: Complete
Auris Bay: Complete
Spirit Valley: Complete
Misty Plateau: Complete
Golden Sandbar: Complete
MACV: Complete
MPT: Complete
MSMF b2: Complete

As far as I can tell, these are the only maps that tome's actually drop on, which is good because it means less work.

Fenize

Rank 1
Fenize
PostedJun 22, 2012 6:11 am
could you also ad the description of what the skills are doing?

Economist_X

Rank 3
Economist_X
PostedJun 22, 2012 9:31 am
Fenize wrote:

Added a potentially slightly incorrect skill description to the sheet.

Also updated through MACV. Only maps left are APR and Auris Bay. Though, not in any real rush to complete those(especially since drop rate on those maps seem extremely low anyway).

Fenize

Rank 1
Fenize
PostedJun 22, 2012 10:52 am
Economist_X wrote:
Fenize wrote:

Added a potentially slightly incorrect skill description to the sheet.

Also updated through MACV. Only maps left are APR and Auris Bay. Though, not in any real rush to complete those(especially since drop rate on those maps seem extremely low anyway).  
thank you... at least it gives an idea of what we get Very Happy

JurTur12

Rank 0
JurTur12
PostedJun 22, 2012 10:55 am
why are these skills like lvl 66? cuz it seems like it is just mocking the 70 ish ppl cuz the areas where u get the stuff u have to be 71+ atleast if not higher, i mean ok i guess it is an incentive to make 70's move up haha nvr mind i guess i answered my own question

IchuTeen

Rank 2
PostedJun 22, 2012 11:11 am
What does the templar skill heavenly shield do? I just got it but it is passive skill, and I cannot read it. e.e

Nvm figured it out. It s a proc skill. Proc str +30 atk speed +10%

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJun 22, 2012 2:13 pm
Mystic Tomes

• "Sanction" (Listed as "Mete Justice" on Frosts site, passive skill, not localized)
    Ancient Polar Ruins: Berserker Bear, Bloodthirsty Polar Bear - Confirmed Drop x2

• "Gorilla Guardian" (Listed as "Ape Defender" on Frosts site, buff icon tool tip localized, normal tool tip is not)
    Auris Bay: Troll Berserker - Confirmed Drop x2

IchuTeen

Rank 2
PostedJun 22, 2012 2:16 pm
Templar Confirms (didn't check names!):

Heaven Shield - Solar Vulture/Destiny Vulture in Misty Plateau

Focused Sacred Energy - Drysand Tortoise in Golden Sandbar