GMNyago

GameMaster: USA
GMNyago
PostedJun 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Eden Eternal Status Report 6/21

Addressing Lag and Disconnect issues
Hello everyone!

We are well aware of the issues that some have been experiencing with lag and disconnects with EE. As we have been working as hard as we can to resolve these issues, we feel it is necessary to give the EE community an update as to what exactly is going on with this process.

Though it may seem that lag and disconnects are related issues and are connected, we can safely tell you all that this is definitely not the case here. For those dealing with lag issues it appears that this is an issue that has multiple factors tied into it. As networking and server flow is a two way street we urge players to review their current setups to ensure that they are optimizing their network flow. As much as we can and have been optimizing and tweaking our ends, it is ultimately up to the player to ensure that their ends are secure and optimized to ensure the best quality gameplay experience.

As for the disconnect issues, this one is a little more specific, and not to be confused with disconnects from prolonged lag, but a consistent pattern of "connection lost" after successfully logging in game for a few minutes (or even a few seconds). We are asking players to review their anti-virus/malware software as there could be some anomalies that can trigger our anti-botting/goldspam systems to force a disconnect. Though it may be frustrating that these systems are preventing legitimate players from getting into EE, please know that these systems have made significant progress in making EE a safer game for everyone and taking these extra security steps are really not much of a stretch.

Players were able to overcome this problem in the past by ensuring the following steps are done:

1) Update your Anti-Virus and Spy-ware then do a full scan of your computer. If you don't have one installed on your computer, there are a few really good A/V you can download for free. Avast and AVG are two examples.

2) Make sure you close or disable any 3rd party software running in the background. Macro and/or Scripting applications or utility applications can sometime be picked up by our anti-spyware application and it will disconnect you from the game.

3) After disabling 3rd party software, you may have to restart your computer and make sure these applications doesn't auto-restart upon rebooting.

4) Fully uninstall and reinstall the game.

Remember, a weekly scan goes a long way not just for your enjoyment of EE, but your internet usage as a whole.  

We do have a centralized hub dedicated to those with technical issues and those can be found here: Eden Eternal Self Help Sub Forum

We always encourage players to visit this sub forum first as there are GameSages and very helpful players that are willing to assist with troubleshooting. If you do encounter an issue that is beyond standard tech support, please submit a ticket via Contact Us. Please be descriptive when stating your issue as that is the best way that the Game Support Team will be able to address you.

We are continuously working with the developers and our server hosts to find new solutions for latency/disconnect issues. Of course with everything else these solutions do not happen overnight and we ask for your patience. For those that have already been dealing with these frustrating matters we thank you for your patience and understanding as we aim to allow all legitimate players to enjoy Eden Eternal.

P.S. For those pesky illegitimate "players" (i.e. botters, hackers, goldspammers) we again ask for your help in reporting these instances as they are nothing but detrimental to the well-being of our game. Everyone helping a little will add up to a tremendous push that will inevitably shut down these malicious forces.
Advertisement

Marisabella

Rank 2
Marisabella
PostedJun 22, 2012 4:08 am
A suggestion. I tried this and it helped IMMENSELY.

I'm on a windows 7 computer, and the processor, while being within the requirements, isn't great. The issue with windows 7 is, it's built all around eye-candy. What i did was, go to
start--->rightclick on 'my computer'--->advanced system properties--->performance---->adjust for better performance.

What this does is it puts your computer back to windows classic theme, removes all window animations and many other theme stuff that bogs down the computer.

Also, disabled hibernation and any virtual memory. Virtual memory, while it sounds helpful, is really detrimental to your system. Disabling it helps your computer run more smooth.

There was a VERY noticeable difference when I made these (and various other) adjustments to my computer.

Sometimes it's not the network but your own computer that causes you to lag or disconnect.

phaeastz

Rank 0
PostedJun 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Marisabella wrote:

I'm on a windows 7 computer, and the processor, while being within the requirements, isn't great. The issue with windows 7 is, it's built all around eye-candy. What i did was, go to
start--->rightclick on 'my computer'--->advanced system properties--->performance---->adjust for better performance.

What this does is it puts your computer back to windows classic theme, removes all window animations and many other theme stuff that bogs down the computer.

Also, disabled hibernation and any virtual memory. Virtual memory, while it sounds helpful, is really detrimental to your system. Disabling it helps your computer run more smooth.

There was a VERY noticeable difference when I made these (and various other) adjustments to my computer.

Sometimes it's not the network but your own computer that causes you to lag or disconnect.  

This.

Seems Legit.

Prokiller311

Rank 0
Prokiller311
PostedJun 22, 2012 2:07 pm
Ehh.... this does not really address what I thought it would.... what about the Mass Dc's and Log-in server crash's that have been hapening lately... you cant say that it is our problem.. and time after time it has been announced "oh everything should be fine now" only to have it happen again 6 hours-1 day later. Just yesterday around 50 players DC'd at the same time right after experincing a large amount of lag which disabled us from even going into portals. sure it was not server wide like it was most of the week but it still happen'd. which shows that it has not been fixed yet.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedJun 22, 2012 3:05 pm
I once had intermittent disconnects while my connection and my computer were running smoothly. And the way I happened to fix it was this: restart and let windows update. I know this may not apply to everyone, but I'm one of those people that puts the laptop into hibernate and hold back on the updates. After awhile it starts to affect the game as well. So if you haven't yet, restart your computer and let it update, then right after turn off and on your network/internet connection (I use wifi so this is necessary for me).

skidoo2

Rank 2
skidoo2
PostedJun 23, 2012 10:05 am
phaeastz wrote:
Marisabella wrote:

This.

Seems Legit.  

Worked for me too.

Not Posted By Aeria Mobile

zerotenshigg

Rank 0
zerotenshigg
PostedJun 26, 2012 9:07 pm
I still lag and I've reinstalled the game several times.

I dont understand this, I only have a windows computer for games and games alone, so if I can run starcraft 2 no problems I don't think it would be an hardware issue. Even now I'm typing this on my macbook.
All my games are legit and arent cracked so I wouldn't think the publishers would put anything bad in there.

Last thing I wanna mention, I start to lag past 6 pm pdt time.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedJun 27, 2012 2:11 pm
^ what the above poster says, nothing can fix my lag at all for this game :S

PSAws

Rank 0
PSAws
PostedJun 28, 2012 3:07 am
zerotenshigg wrote:
I still lag and I've reinstalled the game several times.

I dont understand this, I only have a windows computer for games and games alone, so if I can run starcraft 2 no problems I don't think it would be an hardware issue. Even now I'm typing this on my macbook.
All my games are legit and arent cracked so I wouldn't think the publishers would put anything bad in there.

Last thing I wanna mention, I start to lag past 6 pm pdt time.  

Then maybe the problem is your internet not your PC. I lag allot because of slow internet connection in my country,but when there is low network usage I play fine.One of my friends had this problem they fixed it by making their internet speed higher.

parth2k

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2012 11:16 am
My problem is, I get a alpaca like survey window or help window? and it crashes me then.
Anyone else getting this lame window that pops up?

o and also, EE just closing completely is another problem ><

This is getting reallllly annoying.