Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:30 pm   Last edited by Superman0X on Jun 20, 2012 7:17 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Network Issues

We are currently experiencing Network Issues. It is stable for now, but we are looking into the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It looks like there were some ISP related issues. They appear to be resolved for now.

Advertisement

mtgplaya20

Rank 0
mtgplaya20
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:32 pm
Thank you Superman~

Miusia

Rank 3
Miusia
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:32 pm
I.forgive.you_:3

miuu~

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:35 pm
ok, that explains why I was kicked from the website earlier. Good luck and cheers!

TheWizardBlade

Rank 1
TheWizardBlade
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:46 pm
Atleast keep us up to date? Smile

Cincierta

Rank 2
Cincierta
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:46 pm
At least now we know that it's not just the lolcats eating the internet, or the poor Aeria hamsters.

brenin_llwyd

Rank 3
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:54 pm
Thanks for the response. Any details or ETA on the fix?

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedJun 20, 2012 4:48 pm
Although I am not sure if it is related,

Internetpulse has been reporting some severe increases in packet loss between Level 3 Communications, SBC Yahoo, XO Comm, and Cogent Networks.

Akamai has also been reporting increased latency times along the east coast.

2 nights ago, internet global usage spiked to a 14% increase, today it is down to a 5% as of this posting.....and during the other nights internet problems, even sights such as Facebook were having trouble.

It may not just be Aeria.

But here's some link you can keep an eye on, for peace of mind:

http://www.internetpulse.com/Main.aspx?Origin=SBC&Destination=Cogent&Metric=TCP

http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html

NotSoupMang1

Rank 0
PostedJun 20, 2012 4:49 pm
marksteele wrote:
NotSoupMang1 wrote:
marksteele wrote:
NotSoupMang1 wrote:
marksteele wrote:
NotSoupMang1 wrote:
Why couldn't you guys respond to the threads created in the DWO forums instead of deleting them? Not very hard to say "We apologize for the inconvenience but at the time we are experiencing issues with our servers. We are investigating the issue and will have them back to normal as soon as possible." Then lock the thread. Instead you left us in the dark.  

ermmm because they already made this big thread for the entire forum.....why should DWO get special treatment?  

Like panderp and Miggoh said i had been posting about the servers before this happened and my threads got deleted and ignored like nothing was really happening.  

ok....did you try an RT? Spamming threads about an issue isnt the way to get anything done.  

I have been sending tickets in about our games and the aeria server issues since i started on aeria. That was back in 2009. Only responses i get from them are copy/pasted and has nothing to do with what i sent a ticket in about. "Please refer to the suggestions forums at such and such link for these issues." or "Update your drivers because our servers are doing just fine" Its not hard for them to respond to a topic. It takes just as much time to delete a topic as it does to say "We are sorry for the inconvenience please be patient we are looking into the issue."  

Really? I almost never get copy paste replies.....gotta remember though if its a problem that isnt on aeria's end there's not much they can do about it. Also having to respond to EVERY thread where someone has an issue would take hours, trust me.

NotSoupMang1 wrote:

text

Deleting the thread just shows that they really dont want to deal with their customers. Make a response then LOCK IT. No need to delete. If its locked then some idiot cant come in start a rumor.  

sure they can, they make a new thread or they post in the SB. Anyway can I assume the thread in question was worded aggressively?

@the person above me (too lazy to quote) see my first reply about responding to every thread.  

My first thread was no aggresive at all. I actually took the time to write it all out so it didnt look like this jumbled mes of words that I am currently writing. No ToS was broken I just asked why the servers were messing up so bad and when a fix would be getting implemented. Instead they delete it. And it would take hours? OMG they have to do their job by actually doing something!

That is their job to respond to everybody. Their job is not just ignore people and hope they dont rage back. Its what they get paid for. Its what WE pay them to do. For the posting in SB or deleting thing. They an do that regardless. Delete a thread without giving a reason of why the servers are derping and its just gonna have more people posting or raging on the SB about the servers. Deleting it fixes nothing.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedJun 20, 2012 4:54 pm
Ya'll stop, this isn't the thread for those types of arguments.
Be nice, they addressing the situation Globally.