Sn1p3r_Boy

Rank 0
PostedJun 20, 2012 10:31 am

HM Archer Build

What should I do??
Hi everyone, I need help on a build for my HM archer.
I was thinking of doing a STR/DEX build untill a certain lvl then a LUC/DEX build the rest of the way.
Tell me if I should do that or not and if not, then give me a different build that's good.Ty in advance.
Advertisement

PrincessAerie

Rank 2
PrincessAerie
Nᴀᴜɢʜᴛʏ Cᴀᴛʜᴏʟɪᴄ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ Dʀᴏᴘᴏᴜᴛ Vatican City
PostedJun 20, 2012 11:30 am

Re: HM Archer Build

What should I do??
Sn1p3r_Boy wrote:
Hi everyone, I need help on a build for my HM archer.
I was thinking of doing a STR/DEX build untill a certain lvl then a LUC/DEX build the rest of the way.
Tell me if I should do that or not and if not, then give me a different build that's good.Ty in advance.  

A good build is the base stats.. An archer I pvp'd with in Canta told me for an Archer go full LUC/DEX. But as he was UM and you are HM, I would use some of these builds from the Shaiya wiki on archer builds for hard mode:

"Hard Mode
5 STR - 2 DEX
5 STR - 1 DEX - 1 REC
6 STR - 1 DEX
4 STR - 2 DEX - 1 REC
3 STR 2 REC 2 DEX"

I found my information here:
http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Builds&game=shaiya

I'm not good with archers, but personally, I can tell you the 5str 2dex is probably your best bet. The ones with evening of three stats aren't the best bet, and three stats would probably be best saved for UM, as there are more stats, and ultimately is the class most reserved for experiementing with builds.

I've had a fighter with mostly str/dex. And although it was UM, it still had really good hits, and I had quite a good number of crits.

Nano07

Rank 1
Nano07
PostedJun 20, 2012 12:01 pm
Str/dex is definitely the best, especially when going through your lower lvls. Once you get higher and can link luck to have a sufficient amount, maybe 250-300+, then switch your build to luck/dex. I would say in the end to aim for 475-525 luck to be safe because monsters and players have luck as well, giving them crit evasion. If I recall, 20luck is 1% evasion.

Healer_11

Rank 4
Healer_11
PostedJun 20, 2012 12:49 pm
If I were you, I definately wouldn't use REC in an archer build. At all. Even if it's in the wiki. Why?

• DEX works as REC for dps classes.
  • DEX increases SP, which is key for an archer.
  • REC lowers the damage you get, while DEX gives you a higher chance to avoid damage completely.

I went like this on my HM archer:
- 5 STR 2 DEX til lvl 30 or 50
- Restatted to 100 base STR 100 base DEX, rest LUC.

Remember archers need a lot of LUC to crit (at least 500 in stats). The archer is a difficult class, in both killing and stat/skill manner.

Good luck Smile

Sn1p3r_Boy

Rank 0
PostedJun 20, 2012 3:57 pm
Ok, I guess i'll do a STR/DEX build until lvl 30 then a LUC/DEX build and link in LUC. Ty everyone.