...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedJun 18, 2012 2:33 am

Phoenix Build

Having unlocked UM I now plan to join the kill-fest that is Phoenix 15PvP with a full dex UM build and then spamming M-Shot/S-Shot/Poison.

Rationale is:
1) there will already be a ton of out and out damage dealers around
2) lots of people without pots (or maybe slow to use them in the chaos)
3) more dex = more sp = more capacity for skills
4) difficult to hit (I guess average dex is quite low with people putting more into str than dex plus as UM I get magic defy)

Thoughts?

(side question: are sonics already appearing in 15 zone?)

Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 18, 2012 4:21 am

Re: Phoenix Build

...JayGee... wrote:
Having unlocked UM I now plan to join the kill-fest that is Phoenix 15PvP with a full dex UM build and then spamming M-Shot/S-Shot/Poison.

Rationale is:
1) there will already be a ton of out and out damage dealers around
2) lots of people without pots (or maybe slow to use them in the chaos)
3) more dex = more sp = more capacity for skills
4) difficult to hit (I guess average dex is quite low with people putting more into str than dex plus as UM I get magic defy)

Thoughts?  

There would be a lot chaos that some1 can forget his own debuff status Wink
IT would work well, but don't forget that M and S shot wouldn't wound much. You have to rely on your raid to gain kills. Same for DPS, but if you've luck, you get it ofc Smile

It would work, but since there are so many players, people with low SP/MP can rest while others are fighting around him/her Razz

...JayGee... wrote:
(side question: are sonics already appearing in 15 zone?)  

nope

signature of xybolt

Zaynette

GameSage: Shaiya Phoenix
Zaynette
PostedJun 18, 2012 5:30 am
I've got to say that your idea is a generally good one.

In my honest opinion the build would best for disrupting healers' casts rather than anything else, since as Xybolt said you'll have to rely on other people to actually gain your kills. Major downside if you actually have to 1vs1 someone (although chances aren't really likely, lmao).

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedJun 18, 2012 5:49 am
I fully understand that it's not a build for killing more for disrupting but with the numbers in the zone I think it could be a good addition to the raid. Anyway in OS PvP (15 in the past, more recently Canta) I spend most my time keeping the Orc's down so I fully expect that to be the archers role in Px too.

I'll try and get the new toon leveled up to 15 later today and then take it to PvP - I'll share my findings after I've had some time with it.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedJun 20, 2012 12:09 am
Ok, so this build seems viable in Phoenix PvP15, with 149Dex (140 stats + 9 OJ's) I'm getting kills and seem to be surviving okayish.

BTW it seems to me that the main factors that contribute to both kills and deaths is basically lag as I very often find that I'm unable to pot as, I assume, are the toons that I'm hitting.

Now looking to link in some more dex; add some enchants; and I'm toying with getting sonics - difficult to hit and quick to get away from the inevitable ganging seems like a compelling combination.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedJul 28, 2012 4:34 am
An update...

With numbers in Px PvP15 dropping off and the ubers getting more uber the pure-dex build wasn't really cutting it for me - so I've switched: dropped the dex back down to a minimum level and put everything else into luc.

Convention has it that luc builds don't work in PvP15 (assuming nobles only / it's definately viable with a worship set) but with the extra stats for a UM and Lv6's linked I'm hitting enough crits to make it pretty effective.