turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedJul 25, 2012 3:31 pm
From my view lately, its only active when wsb or hf is up for dalies. Arena isnt as active as it used to be. When we do get arena nicely going, people rage quit when the teams seem inbalanced, or just don't like dying. People are taking losing to heart when all in all you just have to enjoy it, its not like we have to deal with each other irl so best to just enjoy the game for what it is :/

Advertisement

masterwinstonx

Rank 3
masterwinstonx
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:48 pm
turtle2257 wrote:
From my view lately, its only active when wsb or hf is up for dalies. Arena isnt as active as it used to be. When we do get arena nicely going, people rage quit when the teams seem inbalanced, or just don't like dying. People are taking losing to heart when all in all you just have to enjoy it, its not like we have to deal with each other irl so best to just enjoy the game for what it is :/  

nothing new there...I'm moving to 71 in a few days to chase Senia and lvl up with them, but I truthfully only plan on joining for daily i got all my sets /o\......pvp as you progress in this game tends to have way more butthurtness and just ragequitters. Making end game pvp quite useless. -makes new 60 alt-

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedJul 25, 2012 8:09 pm
masterwinstonx wrote:
turtle2257 wrote:

nothing new there...I'm moving to 71 in a few days to chase Senia and lvl up with them, but I truthfully only plan on joining for daily i got all my sets /o\......pvp as you progress in this game tends to have way more butthurtness and just ragequitters. Making end game pvp quite useless. -makes new 60 alt-  

I have to argue to the contrary. I have pvped for extended periods in all brackets. I have to say lower lvls brackets are the ones that are more prone to ragequitting. In higher brackets, let's say 71+, pretty much everyone knows each other so it's harder to ragequit because you will easily gain a reputation for it.

The reason why higher bracket is not very active simply comes down the limited number of players, especially end game. Ragequitting does not occur more often at higher bracket but it hits harder. Best solution is for everyone to lvl up, if so then 1 or 2 ragequitters won't cause any harm.

masterwinstonx

Rank 3
masterwinstonx
PostedJul 25, 2012 8:42 pm
feno101 wrote:
masterwinstonx wrote:
turtle2257 wrote:

I have to argue to the contrary. I have pvped for extended periods in all brackets. I have to say lower lvls brackets are the ones that are more prone to ragequitting. In higher brackets, let's say 71+, pretty much everyone knows each other so it's harder to ragequit because you will easily gain a reputation for it.

The reason why higher bracket is not very active simply comes down the limited number of players, especially end game. Ragequitting does not occur more often at higher bracket but it hits harder. Best solution is for everyone to lvl up, if so then 1 or 2 ragequitters won't cause any harm.  

hmm i worded that wrong i meant to say it has more of an impact, 40 is the whiniest bracket in the entire game if talking about amount. It only takes 1-2 really butthurt people to ruin the higher brackets. You are right everyone should lvl, but its more of finding their reasons to lvl. I love PvP, but drama wise in a whole just seems worse in higher brackets. in lower brackets it is normally just idiot drama, but end game arenas like to drag in other factors...Now I can say i haven't seen thse factors occur much in Quill. I hopefully hope such things don't happen. Drama just kills everything. Competition = good drama = bad. Sadly it normally turns more into drama.

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedJul 25, 2012 9:27 pm
masterwinstonx wrote:
feno101 wrote:
masterwinstonx wrote:
turtle2257 wrote:

hmm i worded that wrong i meant to say it has more of an impact, 40 is the whiniest bracket in the entire game if talking about amount. It only takes 1-2 really butthurt people to ruin the higher brackets. You are right everyone should lvl, but its more of finding their reasons to lvl. I love PvP, but drama wise in a whole just seems worse in higher brackets. in lower brackets it is normally just idiot drama, but end game arenas like to drag in other factors...Now I can say i haven't seen thse factors occur much in Quill. I hopefully hope such things don't happen. Drama just kills everything. Competition = good drama = bad. Sadly it normally turns more into drama.  

Yea, my point is the same. Rq doesn't occur as often but it has bigger impact at higher lvl. I can kinda understand the drama. Players of higher brackets usually have some influence within their respective guilds and thus 1 person-drama could spark drama between big guilds. Then it just turns ugly.

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedJul 25, 2012 10:06 pm
Before 71-85 was removed arena was going great, every could get 30 frequency in under a week and everyone would frequently pvp. since it moved to 71-80 its gotten dead, most people leave after they get their dailies or after they got a kill. All the matches i've done this past month, 15 were no results, 14 were wins and 3 were from trial maze and 2 were losses. Im frequently targeted throughout arena more than the crystal. We have so many 71-80 now most of them leave when the other team is about to win. I'd like to see arena more active than what it is now. I dont feel like leveling up past 80 still wearing a 65 set of armor.

Treice

Rank 0
Treice
PostedJul 26, 2012 12:04 am
turtle2257 wrote:
Before 71-85 was removed arena was going great, every could get 30 frequency in under a week and everyone would frequently pvp. since it moved to 71-80 its gotten dead, most people leave after they get their dailies or after they got a kill. All the matches i've done this past month, 15 were no results, 14 were wins and 3 were from trial maze and 2 were losses. Im frequently targeted throughout arena more than the crystal. We have so many 71-80 now most of them leave when the other team is about to win. I'd like to see arena more active than what it is now. I dont feel like leveling up past 80 still wearing a 65 set of armor.  

I can't argue with you about most people leaving after daily or a kill.(or about leaving the 80 bracket with a 65 set. I maybe have 3k pvp fame at the moment and no 85 pieces x.x) But when half your hp can get knocked out in 1 coup, it becomes kind of hard to keep yourself joining at 72-73 x.x I intend to become much more active when I get to 75 and finally get access to my triple attack sets. \o/ (skipped 65) Only thing Im gonna dread is getting knocked out even faster until i do my defense mythics. Considering the fact I'll lose damage reduction D:

OH, and about people aiming at you more than crystal. I feel your pain ;~;

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedJul 26, 2012 2:38 am
This post will stray a lil bit from the original intent of the topic but since OP has begun to join the discussion in this direction, I suppose it'd be all right.

Ever since I posted earlier, a few people have pmed me in game to point out the fact that there are plenty of people in 71-80 bracket to start arena. Something like this "There are 12-13 people (in the bracket) online and around 20-30 that i know of." Their conclusion is that quantity is not the problem, it's incentive to pvp.

While incentive to pvp is indeed a concern, I'd say the number of players is the bigger problem. Sure, 12-13 are greater than the 10 needed to start HF. But not all people pvp, and of the people that pvp, they might be doing something else at a particular moment. When they're ready to pvp, they might be ready at different time. If this is confusing, I will use a simple illustration: "For 1 player to voluntarily queue up arena without special incentive (dailies etc), you need around 3 RANDOM players of that brackets online" So in essence, you need 30 random people of that bracket online for HF to start. 3 is a charitable number, I'd say the real number is 4 or 5.

Some cool incentives can be added for arena to start but the real problem won't go away. At some points, the drive from those incentives will be exhausted and arena will die again. Dynamism is the essence around which pvp is built, and it can only be attained with a larger pool of players.

masterwinstonx

Rank 3
masterwinstonx
PostedJul 26, 2012 4:15 am
incentive is always an issue have had this discussion with so many people. Say you farmed all your sets, what else is there to really get...There is the skill upgrades and the dragon? The only driving incentive after you are done farming your sets is that pvp is fun and enjoyable. Now that drive is easily killled by drama, RQers, and other such BS.

Personally I think there needs to be new reward fortune bags that are actually wworth getting thee points for. (the bags mainly 71+) I have discussed this multiple times with many people, on all three servers. For sake of not derailing this anymore people can PM me or just whisper me on DesuSama. I also advice people to help Bambi with This Thread . Puffer has been doing an amazing job of actually listening to our ideas. Can just hope that from there the Devs agree and add such bags in the future.