Ultemica

Rank 0
Ultemica
PostedJun 15, 2012 6:15 pm
Aah markeedragon <3

He used to sell gold and game accounts, glad he stopped, his business has made much more money since he stopped selling stuff that broke games' ToS Smile

Elexis, Shimz, Calimaro - Sapphire o/
Advertisement

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedJun 16, 2012 4:22 am
Superman0X wrote:
Well, it looks like Korea is cracking down on botting.  

Now if only we could get China to do this...

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist

CDKCW

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2012 8:43 am
i know buying gold is bad due to the market but u could also have players that help it by putting the money into the npc by overcharging those that bought gold keeping the amount the item was actually worth then buy things from npc and waste them . its an annoying process but it would help temporarily.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedJun 16, 2012 10:00 am
Or like in runescape, trees wake up alive and try to kill you. If you're botting, you will die, if you aren't you will survive!

PS: it rhymes
PPS: wasn't completely serious.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 17, 2012 6:58 am
splasher__ wrote:
Or like in runescape, trees wake up alive and try to kill you. If you're botting, you will die, if you aren't you will survive!

PS: it rhymes
PPS: wasn't completely serious.
PPS: i'm playing runescape  

signature of xybolt

conspiracyofone

Rank 2
conspiracyofone
PostedJun 17, 2012 9:22 am
[/url]

I give up, let's not fight. :p

Miggoh.PG1 @_@

mcccccony

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Gold Buying

Just say no to Buying Gold
if im honest, i think aeria is contributing to this superb games downfall also, not just entirely on people buying gold. yes i do agree 100% what your saying no question it is bad.

But the loss of arena for 1 thing is a really bad idea, trust me, now im no pro by any means, but in the year ive been involved with this game, it seems to only get worse, listening to people in game talking about losing the arena, i know a few that will probably go elsewhere.

But what aeria fails to realise is that players from here will go to another game made by aeria, possibly, thats ok for aeria as they still keep the "custom" so to speak, but what about the playerswho have spent a load of Ap in DWO?

but i see the future looking bleak for DWO, i hope im wrong but it is harder to get fights now, less and less people going on, sadly.

anyway il stop here going off track slightly lol peace all

Economist_X

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Economist_X
PostedJun 17, 2012 4:39 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Well, it looks like Korea is cracking down on botting.  

That actually seems more like Korea is cracking down on f2p games/structure more-so than botting. Especially word of mouth/secondary "reasons" to play said games/be active in them.
Seems like they're basically forcing a mostly shock-culture change to how the NA market treats RMT/etc, where in the past it's always been free trade and even encouraged. You could also argue most of their revenue comes from it.

Anyway, an "Aeria Auction House." as neat as that could be, wouldn't really fly. You'd need to connect databases of all games/etc/try and unify currency/whatever. It just wouldn't really work.
The only real potential way of doing it would be have a substitution system. And by that I mean, the ability to purchase(probably at a loss - something like +100-200ap per transaction) a placeholder item that could be sold/openly "free traded" in-game safely to represent AP(preferably in 1k ap increments and possibly options for lower).
The secondary problem with this however is that there'll be a time delay to the buyers end. That, and there'll need to an Aeria staff member who'll do the backend "exchange"/remove the placeholder from the account. Though, I'd almost suggest Aeria hire a few people to sit on a "live support queue" to do this 8-16 hours a day(at $1-2 per transaction this could add up to profit over their salary very, very easily).

The benefit though is that this could be implemented in a large portion of games extremely easily. Like, really, really easily.
It could even be transformed into a full-blown RMT system if you add a higher caveat and you'd get that huge audience in the west that's always been told "no that's against the rules." You'd also manage to hook people who want to play a game and possibly supplement their own income. Though, you'd also likely need to go through legal jump ropes to make sure such a thing could be set up and to follow state/country laws/etc.

KingJianyu

Rank 0
KingJianyu
PostedJun 17, 2012 5:37 pm
Stupid, bogus interview. I used to be friends with RS/WoW gold farmers; they were chinese, and never actually played the game for fun/cared about the game. They just cared about making money, albeit, their work was very strictly controlled (administrators hovering over them constantly, telling them what to do, etc.)

Their English was also very poor. Lame.

Which came first? Ranch or Cool Ranch?

faely

Rank 4
faely
PostedJun 17, 2012 6:46 pm
KingJianyu wrote:
Stupid, bogus interview. I used to be friends with RS/WoW gold farmers; they were chinese, and never actually played the game for fun/cared about the game. They just cared about making money, albeit, their work was very strictly controlled (administrators hovering over them constantly, telling them what to do, etc.)

Their English was also very poor. Lame.  

Pretty sure botting isn't just done by Chinese ppl with poor English. The narrator specifically said this farmer was from Europe and lied about being Chinese.

Personally I think for most of them its just another job unfortunately. I think the idea of an Aeria Auction House is a good one. They have similar setups in PWE games and they seem to work well. I believe that gold farming and buying will always be an issue because there will always be people that don't want to do the work themselves to thrive in a game so they'll turn to buying, which means there will always be a market.

It will be a continuous battle with small victories along the way, like banning. Ban them all! : )