boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedJun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Dragon Knights First Impressions

Respect everyone's opinions pls
Saw the website and the trailer and I just wanted to share my personal opinion from what I saw in the game.

• Not the best visuals but its the gameplay that makes a game, not how it looks (unless its skyrim)
  • Exhilarating PVP - An mmo without PvP is not an mmo at all, this is a plus
  • Morph into Monsters - 0.o Can I be able to turn into a dragon pls, Im a huge divinity fan :3
  • Siege the Kingdom - I wish to be president please! xD, but srsly, this is a plus and only fuels the competitive feeling between players
  • Endless PVE Content - Its really hard to judge this one, I just hope its not back and forth running and grinding quests. for example, go chop 10 blocks of wood. Id rather do that in real life. Cant judge the dungeon till I see them but knowing they exist is good.
  • Why the name Dragon Knights??

Feel free to post your first impression, no trolling or flaming at other players or make fun of their opinions.
Advertisement

Sabesian

Rank 0
PostedJun 12, 2012 2:50 am
hmm my reviews are same as you for game . I guess either you can morph in dragons or you get a dragon mount thing hahaha . Dragon knight name sounds cool anyway

psyopslayerx

Rank 0
psyopslayerx
PostedJun 12, 2012 8:05 am
Its seems like worth checking out and seeing how the gameplay aspect is going to go, so far from what is shown, it seems like a promising game but like any other mmo's . It has a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Is the PVP target based or none target based like C9? The pvp or fighting in the trailer seems to show signs of the target based but its just speculation for right now.

When they mean Large-scale Guild battles, are the numbers 100vs100 or 40vs40 plus would the lag be bearable to deal with in the game. Maybe that's reason for a lackluster look(graphical wise) in the trailer.

Morph into monsters? Is that only stuck to class based or Is their a system that will hold different transformation? It would probably very cool if its multiple transformation system. Razz

Siege the Kingdom? Does that mean I bride the people to vote for me into the seat? Very Happy That sounds like a interesting feature to a game. Going to be a lot of *debates* and *platform parties* going to go on here.

Endless PvE Combat? Nothing is Endless in PvE Combat, there is always an endpoint, plus these 7 classes, is there sub classes? plus what is the system going to be to build the character Armor or adding like 2 or 3 atrributes per level?.

So far the trailer doesn't show much but the features in the homepage shows some information. Looks like its worth watching out for.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJun 12, 2012 8:09 am
Dragon Knights Online is also known as DK Online or The Legend of Dragon Knights.
The Angel Wing animation is the levelup animation.

oldboy2003

Rank 0
oldboy2003
PostedJun 12, 2012 12:55 pm
I liked the trailer, pretty cool monsters and armor, plus the graphics were nice, but seemed low enough for me to play on my laptop.
Describing the PvE as "endless" seems like a hard to live up to promise though. Unless there are randomly generated bosses and events.
I haven't seen many MMOs with good monster transformation systems, but if it's really well done it'll probably be one of the best parts of the game.
Hard to really say anything about the PvP from the trailer, but with the promise of besieging castles I remain optimistic.

ArtificialOR

Rank 0
ArtificialOR
PostedJun 12, 2012 1:08 pm
psyopslayerx wrote:
Is the PVP target based or none target based like C9? The pvp or fighting in the trailer seems to show signs of the target based but its just speculation for right now.  

From my observation, the combat system looks like a target based system since there is an indicator that shows which enemy being targeted. There is also a scene where a wide slash from a warrior towards a stack of enemies only hits the one being targeted but not the others. I could be wrong since it is still too early to make a judgement based on limited sources unless we got our first hand to actually try the combat system ourselves.

@Topic - My first impressions:
Generally speaking, the game looks decent in terms of graphics and animations, UI designs, and the combat also had a decent pace to it. The game mechanics also does not seem too complex which is a good thing. I keep my finger crossed on this part since most of the game play videos does not really shows all the available features in the game so I think it is best to keep myself optimistic towards the game complexity. I am going to pass my judgement on the features mentioned in the official website because there is no detail explanation to support the mechanism of those features. Though I have to say I am quite interested to know more about them as well.

One thing that concerns me is the character customization. There are a little too less options for character customization and on top of that the classes seem to be gender/race locked. It is not really a big disappointment for me, but I think most people will find it less awesomeness. I have yet to try the game so my first impression is based on a presumption. So please do not take it too seriously.

I will be looking forward to try this game and see whether I like it or not. Well, to be honest, I already like this game so I supposed it is whether I like it more or I like it less to be exact. Laughing

thearcadehero

Rank 0
thearcadehero
PostedJun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Pay to win or win and pay?

Looks great but at what co$t ?
It looks pretty **** sweet. I just hope the cash shop is limited to superficial upgrades (possibly XP boosts) and not game breaking buffs or armor that will leave you completely pwnd unless you fork over tons of credits or what-have-you. But with F2P that's asking too much it seems.

broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedJun 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: Pay to win or win and pay?

Looks great but at what co$t ?
thearcadehero wrote:
It looks pretty **** sweet. I just hope the cash shop is limited to superficial upgrades (possibly XP boosts) and not game breaking buffs or armor that will leave you completely pwnd unless you fork over tons of credits or what-have-you. But with F2P that's asking too much it seems.  

My guess is its gonna be pay to win. I hope too that the cash shop would be limited to things that wouldn't let one player have a HUGE advantage over players who don't spend money, but then again this is AGE we're talking about.

Retired

gyst

Rank 0
PostedJun 12, 2012 5:12 pm
It looks cool...but from the videos I've seen, the game seems to have wierd camera angles and gender locked classes.

im2smexy

Rank 0
im2smexy
PostedJun 12, 2012 5:28 pm
wow nice!!!!

oh noeeees