Talking to Chugger had given me a quick thought of ideas.
1. More Galaxies! Seriously, like all games, there should be galaxies and galaxy clusters. Maybe the 'servers' are Galaxy Clusters, which would one day give the change to merge clusters and such into new Galactic Clusters. Keeping the hard to get to Galaxies separated, but the beginning and medium galaxies merge their planets, systems, and such. It would also give the GM's a way to merge the systems without much damage. However, when they merge, if people are in two galaxy clusters, they must choose which character n galaxy cluster they must have. After 1-2 Galaxy Cluster merging, the top 100 are immortalized in history and the galaxies retired. Those immortalized in history start with some perks in a new Galaxy Cluster that is not set to merge for a while. Aka 1 and 2 merge and are retired after a few months, if they start in cluster 5, they get perks, but not in 3 or 4 which are set to merge sooner or later.
2. With research have subterranean features, including some which allows non-ship required trade routes between alliances. It gives a new building called Sub-Terrainian Trade Route which increases trade amongst allies on a planet and even allows for sharing of defenses with the technology of "Sub-Terrainian transports", which increases defenses of bases on a planet by a percent of allied colonies linked on a planet, therefore for every 10-20 colonies attached is like a unified 2-4 cruisers with basic or lance weapons for defense. It gives increase military xp and creates the desire for alliances to be on the same planets in case their forts fall, for further defenses. It also gives them additional trade income, maybe 10-50 creds per colony linked to the Sub-Terrainian trade route. It also allows intercolony trade routes between bases. 10 resources per hour per trade route and level, up to level 15, in which level 5 is needed for basic defense of fighters or Frigates and 10+ for cruisers and star frigate help.
3. New weapons such as Photon Torpedoes, Black Hole Lance, Anti-Matter Bomb/Torpedoes/Laser/Lance, Shockwave Generator, etc... New Modules such as Shield Generator (affects all shield modules), Carbon Armor (anti-protectile and increases base armor), Reflective Armor (anti-energy and increases base armor), etc... New ship designs such as Carrier, in which it has 200-250 ships per bay, capital ship but only has turret and heavy weapons since it will be dependent on fighters and then alien ships in which we can not modify, but can win in battles in other Galaxies. They have superior weapons, armor, and such and grow stronger based on battle, not on upgrades and such, with some rare combination techniques also.
4. Outside of main Galaxy, aliens can attack, weak ones, however you have to go against powerful and even unknown alien type ships in other Galaxies.
5. Solar and then Galactic Frigate (+1 each weapon and 3k armor, +1 module from star frigate for Solar, then +1 again for Galactic and +2k more armor), Solar and then Galactic Cruiser (+1 each weapon and 5k armor, +1 module from Battle Cruiser for Solar, then +1 again for Galactic and +2k more armor), Galactic Colony Ship (which you get the 3 blueprint type parts from the 3 systems you need a colonization ship to reach to upgrade colonization ship), just as a few examples. When someone had researched Galactic Frigate and Galactic Cruiser, they then are able to research Royal Fighter.
6. New Seeker ships to their specialty. Seeker Frigate, Seeker Cruiser, Seeker Interceptor. 2/3 the armor, however gets +3 to fire due to "cloaking" and also natural resistance to projectile and normal damage by 25%. Give them a chance against the others and make them more useful. They also move 20% faster for class ships and 10% faster for normal ships, Altairians move 5% faster, and UEO due to their heavy armor move at normal rates.
7. With the new ships, it's going to be more resource intensive, so definitely new buildings needed. Boreholes where minerals are which create some energy and a lot more minerals, Industrial Farm on places where grass is and such, SkyFarm where there are no farms, Warehouse to hold twice as much resources, Deep Drill for more oil, Colonial Centers for larger colony populations, Magnetic Power Plants and Crystalline Focus Power Plants for more energy, and so forth, all needing to be researched. Some natural race research, yet all are in covert research.
8. Arena and Alliance Arena. Alliance Arena is similar to regular Arena, but a way for alliance members to use a second commander/leader to test themselves against each other. It also allows them to test their designs and have fun outside of regular arena. The leader can set up in Alliance Arena to where they can use Alliance Honor Points to buy things the alliance has used credits to buy. Things such as resources and such from the market or even blueprints within the alliance if deemed a worthwhile expenditure, but at a higher cost.
9. Wormhole Research in colony research, which is a permanent research which will cost a lot of resources, including rare resources, and credits to allow ships a quicker transport between two Galaxies. Must be built on each galaxy by setting gate construction and upgrade which will then decide depending on distance and number of alliance members in that galaxy the resource and credit costs to build and upgrade the Wormhole. It can not be attacked or destroyed by other alliances nor can anyone outside of the alliance use it. One Wormhole can connect to multiple Wormholes for additional costs. 100 B creds to increase the research and construction of Wormholes by 1-5 hours depending on how it's set up with admins. Past level 10 Wormholes, level 11-20 Wormhole upgrades cost B Creds. You need 1 Wormhole level per Wormhole connection, which must be decided by VP or Leader by spending Wormhole Level Credits, which are permanent use. To reset 1 Wormhole Connection will cost B Creds and will reset from most recent to oldest unless one gets an Advanced Wormhole Reset which will cost a portion of Alliance B Creds. Also in Alliance Research is Solar System Wormholes which decrease transportation speed and work similar to Galactic Wormholes, except 1 Solar System connection point is given per Galaxy and only useable 1 per Galaxy per level of research and construction. Wormhole buildings will require a lot of rare resources, especially Galactic Wormholes to make them "stable" and to work would be the reasoning. There will be a small upkeep fee of credits to maintain Galactic Wormholes and free for Trans-Solar System Wormholes, which is a fair amount, not too expensive, once per day. If there is insufficient Credits to support the Wormholes, then they are unable to be used.
Just a warmup. Any thoughts or concerns? Including from GS and GM.