Law_Breaker

Rank 3
Law_Breaker
PostedMay 31, 2012 7:44 am   Last edited by Law_Breaker on Jun 07, 2012 7:33 am. Edited 6 times in total

How to make your own montage using Sony Vegas Pro 10

Make a simple, pro montage !

Sony Vegas Pro is a video editing program, considered as one of the best video editing programs , in this topic, I will help you make your own montage , it won't be the best ever, but it will be the start for being pro in making montages !

* I know the link is to sony vegas pro 11, and what I'm going to use is sony vegas pro 10, that's because there is no official link to SVP 10 , if there is, please let me know ! *

For a start, you can learn to make an intro in two ways, you can either learn by following a tutorial , or just edit a template!

To edit a template, just find the TEXT layer, and press the "video icon" to edit your text !

For example, I have downloaded a random template, just to show you how to edit it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/textst.png

The icons that I put a red rectangle on, are the text layer icon, if you chose to download a template, whenever you find THIS icon, press it and put your own text.

After you are done with putting your text, you have to know which one is which , and to check out the final render to your template, press the "play button "

First press the button that i have put a GREEN circle over, THEN the RED one .

And just in case you have chosen the tutorial, you can just follow their steps and you will get there easily Smile

Some good Templates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ZV4zho7xY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFlo87L_caw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UFjooPrqs&feature=related

You can always download the template from the description of the video.

So there you have the intro !

For the music of the video, you have to choose an exciting one..

Avoid :
-Love songs
-Country songs
-Boring music ( or symphonies )
-Songs by girl singers in general .

Put :
-Rap songs
-Rock songs
-Exciting music
-Hip Hop songs
-Metal songs
-Skrillex
-Dubstep remixes.

To add music to the video , just drag and drop the song to the program, the program will create the music layer.

The arrow above represents the music layer.

Click and hold the mouse and move it left or right to set up where does the music starts.

As a wolfteam player, you have two options to record your game play, you can press F9 and it will start recording, or you can use Fraps Recording Program .

To add the game play, drag and drop the video file -Just like you did in the music layer- however, you might need to convert the file if it doesn't allow you to drag and drop the video file.

If you have a long game play, and what you need is only a part of it, you can crop the video file, by putting the pointer just on the edge of the video clip , when the mouse pointer's shape turns to another one ( two arrows in opposite sides ) , click and hold the mouse, and drag it right or left to crop the video , to reach only the part you want, and after you are done, move the whole video file to the left.

If you want to remove the game play sound, you can click on the game sound layer, hold Ctrl , and press U then X .

If you are having some black bars on top and down of the video, you can try to do this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOTAgFvFxs

I know you will be annoyed by the sound you will get from the game ( Radio messages, "Baby Wolf" ..etc)

To remove these sounds, click once on the game sound layer ( NOT THE MUSIC LAYER ) , then hold Ctrl , and press U then X !

You will -for sure- have more than one shot for the video, therefore, you will have to separate between each 2 videos in a pro way , here you will use Transitions .
Everything about adding transitions can be learnt here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCoVn3aUdjY

This is the final touch. You can add an event FX to your video. Event FX is adding something to your video, for example, you can change the colour of the sky, or add a TV simulation effect !

You can learn more about Event FXs here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhqDQBQNf8k

After you finish doing your video, you can put an outro , the outro can be like the intro, or you can just add a special thanks, without the " la la awesomeness " .
Here's a demo :
First of all , press a right click on a VIDEO layer then click on " Insert Text Media "

Then a window will show up, type your text there, don't mind the size, just type what you want, and after you are done, you can resize it , just like this :

And if you want to change the place of the text, press "Placement" on the banner on top, then drag the text left and right .

Just type the credits , and you're done !

To render the video, press on File -> Render as -> save .
Just like this :

Then press " Save " .

After it's done, your video is done !!

Upload your video to Youtube, and post it at Creative -> Music/Video section.

I hope this was helpful for you.
Hope you like it.

Have a nice day.
Advertisement

Mrki

Rank 2
Mrki
PostedMay 31, 2012 12:34 pm
Woooooow bro! You really worked hard for this post! Very nice and usefull Smile Ty once more for such a great post-Karma for you Very Happy

sdeefffffff

Rank 2
sdeefffffff
PostedMay 31, 2012 12:41 pm
Very well understood and explained. I can tell you took some time to do this! Karma for you and this should be stickied!

xTheHangoverx

Rank 4
xTheHangoverx
PostedMay 31, 2012 1:24 pm
This is very helpful so ty for making this topic Very Happy i never know how to use it, but now il maybe even try it Very Happy

Sebster18

Rank 4
Sebster18
PostedMay 31, 2012 1:40 pm
It can be useful for the beginners ,thanks for your effort.

Sig rotator with sigs I made and like

dangerboy4lifee

Rank 1
dangerboy4lifee
PostedMay 31, 2012 1:48 pm
Best of the best, Sir!

11JUNIOR11

Rank 3
11JUNIOR11
PostedMay 31, 2012 2:13 pm
very nicely wrote and organized,
i love that its simple enough for you to understand but also will allow you to create an amazing montage, thx again . Karma 4 YOU :O

Law_Breaker

Rank 3
Law_Breaker
PostedMay 31, 2012 11:27 pm
Thank you all, I'm glad you liked it ! And I hope this will help you !
If you have any questions, or any additions to the tut, please let me know.

<center></center> <center>my story with Wolfteam is over </center>

alpharex00

Rank 4
alpharex00
PostedJun 01, 2012 12:22 am
Awesome Very Happy

need awesome siggy?:Rex's siggy shop LuckyBox

yaseenmalik

Rank 4
yaseenmalik
PostedJun 01, 2012 3:05 am
Wow! This is really an awesome guide! Once I get my hands on Sony Vegas Pro, I shall be coming here and will follow these instructions you have kindly made! Keep it up! Cool